LAVENDER is a natural “antihistamine” and can be taken internally. For those who want to avoid over-the-counter medications, this is a good essential oil to try. It can be put into a capsule and taken internally for alleviating allergies, sinus issues and so on. Perhaps a more efficient method is to put a drop of Lavender on the back of your clean hand and lick it off. If you find this works for you, we’d love to add your testimony to this page!
Article: Pollen is Not the Problem
1. As a chronic air-borne allergy sufferer, my first defense is to avoid the allergen if possible, especially if I am immune challenged at the time. Stress and loss of adequate sleep are the main culprits in my life for robbing me of my immune defenses.
I find that ROMAN CHAMOMILE is great at alleviating hay fever issues. Just a drop on the back of my hand and inhaled throughout the day helps a lot. I like to diffuse a blend of LEMON, EUCALYPTUS, LAVENDER and ROMAN CHAMOMILE. This blend is also nice mixed with Epsom Salts and put into a steamy hot bath, or simply rubbed on.
Linda blended this up for me and calls it ALLERGY RELIEF.
2. I used to have all kinds of allergies and asthma and was on everything from Seldane, Sudafed and steroid inhalers that caused heart palpitations, dry eyes and mouth. I read someone’s testimony that was almost identical to mine, so now I can say, with the help of essential oils, my allergies are almost non-existent.
I diffused PURIFY into a room with the door closed nightly. I have my diffuser on a timer that cycles for about 5 minutes on and 25 minutes off. This is for the chronic cough. Any molds and allergy causing bacteria in the air cannot live in the presence of this oil blend.
I put 2-3 drops of RESPIRATORY RELIEF in my hands and rub them together. I cup my hands over my nose and inhale 3 times deep. I also put 2 drops on chest and throat. This is a blend of (4) different kinds of eucalyptus and other oils. This is incredible for breaking up mucus: in the head, the lungs and anywhere else it builds up. This is the one that stops me from wheezing and coughing and lets me breathe so much better.
PEPPERMINT is also a good oil to have around. If you ever get stopped up and can't breathe through your nose, you'll love this one. Put 1 drop on your tongue and inhale it. I can usually breathe in 1 second after putting it on your tongue.
LAVENDER is known as nature’s antihistamine, but it is also great for depression. It’s a gentle oil and easy on even sensitive skin. When my nose won't stop dripping, it dries me up right away.
My allergies used to be so bad that I could hardly go outside, let alone drive around with my car windows open. Being outside would send me into sneezing spasms that would leave me exhausted for several hours. All that has disappeared.
Cleansing, oiling, supplementing and eating a good diet over the last 4 years, something worked! I can now say that I am allergy-free, and I live in Texas where there are trees, molds, dust, grasses, hay and so on. I would have never believed it! Be encouraged, allergies can be overcome.
I try to eat as healthy as I can - no sugar, no white flour, no dairy, only organic vegetables, hormone free chicken, little meat, no coffee or pop, no white bread, no processed foods, and also no chemicals in the household products or personal care products. I believe this has all helped.
Recently I’ve begun ingesting EUCALYPTUS RADIATA and RESPIRATORY RELIEF blend before bed, and for the first time in my life I am able to sleep with a cat on my bed and still breathe well; no wheezing or sneezing. THAT’S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I’d never be able to have furry pets.
Since I believe all allergies happen because of poor digestion and a weak immune system, I started by working on those body systems. Products I use for allergies, sinus & asthma:
Sea Green supplement
MSM (a must have)
RESPIRATORY RELIEF Blend
PURIFY Oil Blend
3. I believe my immune system had been damaged by artificial sweeteners, prescribed medications, pesticides and excess stress. I felt that I had DNA damage, which is usually the case when one develops many sensitivities that it becomes overwhelming. FrequenSea, FRANKINCENSE and ENDURANCE are great products that not only protect your immune system, but I believe they reprogram the brain and can repair the damaged DNA. Keep in mind that heavy metals may the culprit if you have many sensitivities due to immune damage.
4. I suffered greatly from food allergies as well as inhalant irritants. I found that LAVENDER rubbed on my feet at night worked very well for me. I also put MSM in my water and did some detox cleanses. Now I can eat most anything without any problems, even when I eat one of the 50 foods that my allergy blood test said to stay away from.
5. I'm allergic to pet dander (and I have three of them!) and haven’t taken allergy pills in over 9 months. I drink FrequenSea everyday. If I get any inkling of allergy problems, I inhale RESPIRATORY RELIEF and rub some under my nose and at the opening of the nostrils. Diffusing Respiratory Relief at night helps a lot, but if you don’t have a diffuser, try putting some Respiratory Relief on your pillow. I know someone who takes Respiratory Relief internally (a drop on the tongue) and thinks that’s the best way to use it. I took a look at my bedroom and considered how old the pillows were, what detergent I used (no more chemicals!), how often I washed the sheets and under pads and so on.
6. Recently I had the worst allergy attack I’ve ever had. I had a bottle of PEPPERMINT on my nightstand, so I rubbed 2 drops on the bottom of each foot, 2 drops on the back of my neck and rubbed what was left up under my nose.... which was not so smart side since it was more than a tad bit on the raw side there, but I got over it. To my surprise with in seconds, and I mean seconds, my attack stopped. MY eyes and nose stopped running and my throat stopped itching. I cupped my hand that I put the oil in and held it over my eye that was runny and just held it there with my eye shut for a minutes. This helped my eye feel better. I can't believe how fast this oil worked.
7. I used to have year-round allergies so badly I was taking prescription Claritin plus Benadryl every 3-4 hours and it couldn't touch it. I started taking MSM regularly and it basically cured me of allergies. Period. Taking LAVENDER in a capsule has rid many of their allergies. If you don't want to take it internally then you must consistently apply Lavender oil twice daily on the temples, behind the ears(mastoids), on the back of neck and on the bottoms of your feet. Using it one day on one day off will not do it.
You must first understand that histamines are the "POOF" energy that comes from the body confronting an undigested protein, so digestive enzymes help as well as proper food combining.
8. A couple of our children have had hay fever / allergies really bad, and BALANCE made a huge difference. We have noticed that it also helps other types of allergic reactions. I can now wear any kind of jewelry in my ears, but before I used Harmony, my ears would get red, hot, itchy and very painful.
9. There was a study done a few years ago at the U. of Wisconsin. They found that taking 1,000 mg of Vitamin C twice a day - about every 12 hours - completely alleviated allergies. They found that if someone took it once a day it didn't work because vitamin C is water soluble, and it does not stay in the system more than 12 hours.
10. My son used to have to get steroid eye drops because his allergies would cause the irises of his eyes to become inflamed. Since I began giving him LAVENDER in a "00" size capsule whenever his allergies start to bother him, we have not had to give him any allergy medicine, nor the eye drops any more. This has been for well over a year. I would recommend diffusing Lavender as well.
11. My allergies seem to be airborne, and I discovered that one of my favorite oil blends, MOUNTAIN TOP rubbed on the bottoms of my feet works great! I also put a few drops on my handkerchief and dot it here and there on my face. It’s amazing how quickly it calms down the allergy symptoms which included sneezing spasms.
12. My sister had trouble with allergies and asthma for years. She tried many different types of conventional medicine without getting any results. One day I gave her some PLAGUE DEFENSE to inhale, and it worked right away. Now she carries it with her everywhere and she can't even imagine living without it.
13. I think LAVENDER in a capsule works great, but what I feel cured me of even needing the Lavender is when I began mixing Lavender with FRANKINCENSE. I put 6 drops of Lavender and 2 drops of Frankincense in each capsule and took this at least twice daily. Now I don’t even think about allergy season until one of my friends brings it up, and I bet you can guess what I suggest!
14. My daughter is using the RESPIRATORY RELIEF blend for asthma and allergies. She turned 3 years old last month, and last week we went to the asthma/allergy specialist. The blend is working well - she is clear. Her lungs, nose, eyes, throat are all clear. She has not been on her asthma/allergy meds since we started the oils. I just wanted to thank you for everything. I have told many friends and family members about your website. I hope we continue to stay healthy.
15. A lady who attends church with us talked to me about your products as I have airborne allergies. We talked about using LAVENDER for allergies, and she convinced me to give it a try. When my order arrived, the first thing I did was try the LAVENDER (a drop under the tongue) as she had suggested. I took ½ the allergy meds that I normally take, and in the last 12 hours I have had no reaction to the blooming weeds around the farm where we live. The next day, we started mixing a drop with a teaspoon of local honey (the honey we use actually comes from a keeper that places mobile hives on the farm where we live). I have gone from taking 6 to 8 doses a day of Benadryl to one dose in the morning. We thought we were all suffering from colds, cough, runny nose, sneezing and drainage. After one dose of LAVENDER, all four of us (my wife, son, daughter and myself) sat there last night at dinner and remarked that it must have been severe allergies and that it felt nice to have those symptoms relieved.
16. Read Pastor John's testimony. Click here.
17. My husband has had horrible allergies for years! We've tried every medication known to mankind, adding food changes and injections! Nothing worked! I found Heritage Essential Oils thanks to my daughter. We tried several oils/blends including MYRTLE, ALLERGY RELIEF and LUNG HEALING. All brought a measure of help, but the thing that he finally did, and which has been an almost miraculous healing of allergies for him, was to swab the inside of his nostrils with Heritage Oils' EUCALYPTUS RADIATA. He does this morning and night and if he has an attack in between. Since he's started this regimen, he seldom ever has problems anymore! After 30 years of daily suffering, God has used His oils and His servants at Heritage Oils to heal my husband. I am ever so thankful! - Susan
18. I use LAVENDER alternated with RESPIRATORY RELIEF mixed with coconut oil around my nose and eyes. (You must be SUPER careful around your eyes!! but it helps.) Also, eliminating gluten and dairy helps and taking raw apple cider vinegar daily along with herbs and supplements like Quercetin and Bromelin and lots of Vitamin C. Nothing OTC ever helped me, but combining all these natural and alternative ways helped me a lot this season. - Bethany
19. I use LAVENDER and RESPIRATORY RELIEF for my baby's allergies. I have put a drop on my finger and put it at the roof of their mouth. It does give them relief. I also have done it on the toes of their feet, chest, back and nose. We were out at a camp out, and my adult friend was having an allergy flare up. She put a drop of Respiratory Relief under her nose, and she felt worlds better. Her nose wasn't even red anymore. I think she was amazed. She had been very miserable. - Staci G.
20. This past month we've fostered a cat until it's owner could come get it. I have asthma, and I'm terribly allergic to cats! A friend suggested LAVENDER, LEMON and PEPPERMINT essential oils. I put them all on my feet and licked a drop of each off the back of my hand 2x/day. I was healthy the whole month - not one wheeze or cough. I've not tried Allergy Relief, but the testimonies are very favorable, I think it would be a great blend to have in our arsenal. - Karen F.
21. Prior to using ALLERGY RELIEF I suffered with my allergies to the extent that Drs put me on medications and talked about a surgery. I've been taking it a drop on the back of my tongue daily, and I’ve had no sign of allergies until I ran out for 2 weeks. My nose started to get congested, and I purchased some more, and now it is fading away. I increased it to a drop on my tongue twice a day while I'm congested, and it works so good. I've told everyone I know who has allergy troubles. Thank you - Alicia
22. The LUNG HEALING blend has been an everyday blessing for me. I do not have to take my allergy meds anymore, and I only take 1/4 of my asthma meds now. - Joy
23. I use ALLERGY RELIEF I put a drop on my tongue, but it didn't relieve the allergies very long. I tried putting it on my chest and wrists diluted, and it is almost instant relief! It lasts a good 6 hrs too. - Lana
24. We use a drop of LAVENDER, PEPPERMINT and LEMON in a tsp of raw, local honey to help keep allergies at bay. Flip the spoon over when giving the honey so the oils don't stay on the lips. - Lynette
25. The RESPIRATORY RELIEF has completely CHANGED MY LIFE!!!!!!!! I used to have to take 2-4 antihistamines and 4-8 decongestants EVERY DAY just to deal with my allergy symptoms. I used Respiratory Relief on my feet daily for about three weeks last spring. Now, I just use it periodically as needed. I have NEVER been drug free in my life until NOW!!!!!!!! So grateful a friend recommended I try Heritage Essential Oils!!!!!!!!! They have changed my life forever!!!!!! I will never go back!!!!!! - Staci
26. Just had to let you know how much I love HEOs. I have terrible allergies (and live in the city ranked #1 in allergies) and usually the winter brings some relief which I did not get this year. As we move into spring allergies, I have been faithfully using my HEOs and have finally weaned myself off the prescription nasal spray. I have been using SINUS RELIEF and swiping the inside of my nose with LAVENDER. I've been diffusing LAVENDER, PEPPERMINT and LEMON. Whoa! I am seriously addicted to your awesome, amazing products! Thank you! - Teresa
27. My son has terrible allergies/asthma, and we started using RESPIRATORY RELIEF nightly, with coconut oil, on his back and chest. He is now off all meds and wasn't sick all winter long! If he is sniffling in the mornings, we rub it on his feet and he's good. - Angela
28. My niece has been suffering with allergies, and no Rx or OTC meds were helping. She has hives on her feet and hands especially, which itch like crazy. Today we mixed ALLERGY RELIEF with Evening Primrose oil. She rubbed it on her hands and feet, and literally within 3 minutes, the hives went TOTALLY AWAY!!!!! She feels 100% better now, 10 minutes later. Oils are so amazing. - Ami
29. I had a bad outdoor allergy attack yesterday, and I dropped a few drops of Lemon under my tongue, and I'm not suffering today! I'm even baling hay !!!!!!!:) - Donna
30. I was using the ALLERGY RELIEF oil on my son, and he seems so much better. Even my skeptical husband started to use it and agrees it makes a big difference! - Jennifer
31. I suffered a major allergy attack the other night and started coughing and wheezing (the cough was actually painful). I applied LAVENDER to the bottom of my feet, and within a couple of minutes, my symptoms subsided! So thankful for these oils! -Julie
32. I have been using RAVINTSARA for my allergy issues which often develop into sinus pressure and infection. I have been sharing it all summer when someone I see has respiratory problems. I ordered a large bottle and can’t even tell you how many tiny sample bottles I have given out! People are amazed! It’s my favorite! It helps me to breathe and drains my sinuses immediately. It’s my “wonder drug”!!! I keep running out of your cards as I send one along with every sample I give to people to try! People LOVE it!! This last week ragweed hit our area and hit me really hard. I kept using the Ravintsara but finally decided to add Plague Defense and then finally when I KNEW I had a sinus infection, I added Warrior. This was the first sinus infection I’ve since I've known about your oils, and I was NOT planning to go to the Dr.! I switched from Ravintsara to Alive—I was trying everything I had to get over it! I I was pretty sick for three days, but once I added Warrior, I could feel I was going to get better. By the morning of the fourth day, I was BETTER!!! I am so excited not to have to burden my body with antibiotics and cortisone!! So now I am placing an order for a big bottle of Alive too! I like the Alive once I am sick, but plan to go back to Ravintsara once I'm over it completely. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I know you give all the credit to our Lord, but you also share your knowledge and help us! - Maggie
33. I am so blessed to have found you all! I am so amazed with essential oils!! God created a wonderful natural healer! Wish I had been taught about them years ago! In the last 2 years, I haven't had to take any child to the Dr except for an arm to be x-rayed. I have child that with every cold or flu, double ear infection would set in. But now, we use the ear infection blend and no ear infections!! We may still get colds and flu, but the secondary infections are taken care of by your wonderful essential oils you sell. But by far, my husband was totally won over last year. He suffers from ragweed season. His pillow by morning would be totally drenched from his nose draining all night! Yuck! He also suffered with sneezing spells and the itchy eyes! For years he has tried taking all the OC meds, shots every season( which was beginning to only last a couple of weeks!), diphenhydramine (which makes him drowsy, so he can't take that during the day), even prescription drugs, so he was open to using EO's! He puts 2 drops( sometimes only 1 is needed) of LAVENDER under his tongue (holding it for a minute under the tongue to allow the oil to be absorbed) in the morning before going outside or heading to work. If he needs it during the day, he will do another dose. On his way home he will dose up, because we live on a farm there is an overabundance of this horrible weed! Praise the Lord, we found something that doesn't make him tired, drowsy or have to take harsh chemicals!! So we are using the same protocol this year and its working!! - Lynn
34. I have had very severe allergies that were not responding to any medication. Benadryl in very large doses was the only minimal relief I could get, but I could not use it because it would put me to sleep. Can't do that and work. Since using a drop of ALLERGY RELIEF under my tongue in morning and evening, the symptoms have dramatically reduced, including during a fight from a really bad cold, which would have put me down for a week. I'm 2 days fighting my cold on top of my worst allergy season, and I'm feeling great. My symptoms are minimal and tolerable without any other medication. I am so excited to learn what God has made naturally can help us. - G.C.
35. I have been using PEPPERMINT, LEMON, LAVENDER (neat) morning and evening under my middle toes on each foot for allergies. I take NO sinus or allergy meds anymore. I was on Dayquil and Nyquil as well as allertec for a long time before starting with the oils. Thank you! - Joanne
36. I'm visiting my kids and am allergic to their pets. They used LAVENDER, LEMON and PEPPERMINT in their diffusers and it totally cleared my sinuses! When the diffuser shut off, I would start sneezing and feel my sinuses clog up within a few minutes. I'm sold! - Diane
37. Two of our boys have had allergies causing lots of miserable stuffy noses through the fall and spring. They also have had asthma after every cold or flu virus. Since I began diffusing 20 drops of LUNG HEALING in a diffuser next to their beds at night for the past 7 months, their allergies completely went away and they have hardly had any asthma at all! Only once or twice did they have a little bit of wheezing, and all I did was have them sit near the diffuser with a mix of RESPIRATORY RELIEF and Lung Healing, and the wheezing quickly went away! We are so thankful to the Lord that we have been able to avoid a lot of prescription medications for these little ones because of this! - Katy
Sugar: Avoid sugar - it greatly weakens the immune system and feeds infection.
MSM: According to a study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, subjects who took 2600 mg of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) found their upper and total respiratory symptoms significantly reduced within seven days, and improvement continued for all thirty days of the study. Also, as Dr. Mercola notes, MSM is 34% sulfur, which can help maintain optimal health. Sulfur helps the body detoxify itself, and helps produce glutathione, an important antioxidant. MSM is extremely safe and can be taken at high doses, even if one’s diet is full of raw vegetables and MSM-rich foods. Some have found complete relief from allergies by taking MSM daily but required higher daily doses than 2600 mg.
Strenghten Immune Response: Vitamin D3 reduces the incidence of respiratory infections, magnesium and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) are beneficial. (Studies indicate that vitamin C is a natural antihistamine.)
Identify and Remove Allergens: Removeing food allergens lightens the antigenic load. According to the Townsend Letter, allergic/inflammatory processes may first become active in the gut. Then transportation of food proteins across the intestinal wall becomes altered, resulting in increased permeability and motility of the intestine—Leaky Gut Syndrome. Coupled with other conditions, such as intestinal infections, flora imbalance, and decreased immunoglobulin A antibodies, this may lead to further intestinal compromise and increased antigen-immune interaction.
Butterbur: Researchers in Scotland found that butterbur is effective for allergies. It safely used in conjunction with MSM. Petadolex, a butterbur extract supplement, reduces inflammation so well that it has been used successfully for migraines. (Butterbur in the wild contains a potentially toxic substance, but Petadolex has removed it.)
Nasal Rinse: Saline nasal irrigation may provide sinus pain relief for allergy sufferers. Nasal Rescue essential oil blend or Myrtle can be used.
Reduce Inflammation: Vegetables with deep-water fish may decrease inflammation levels. Omega-3s can reduce inflammation as well.
Nettles & Quercetin: Freeze-dried nettles and quercetin are also used to reduce allergic response.