Black Cumin Seed Oil
Country of origin: Israel
Cultivation: Certified organic from our supplier, but since our facility is not certified, we say it is grown using organic methods.
Method of Extraction: Cold pressed; unrefined. Is a fatty acid triglyceride (not an essential oil)
Aroma: Mild, spicy, peppery
Color: Pale to medium yellow (amber)
Plant part: Seed
Use: Suitable for topical and dietary use
Components: High in linoleum acid, alpha-linolenic acid, zinc, calcium, folacin, iron, copper, phosphorus, riboflavin, thiamin, pyridoxine, carotenes, protein, carbohydrate, fiber and many polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Approximate Shelf Life: 2 years with proper storage conditions.
Shelf Life Suggestions:
Refrigeration will extend shelf life.
Oxygen is a big enemy to shelf life. Keep caps snug.
Write the date of purchase on the label in permanent marker.
Avoid contaminating the oil with fingers or pipettes inserted into the bottle. Unsterilized items such as fingers, cotton balls and pipettes that come into contact with the oils will potentially contaminate them. Pour off the quantity you will need into a smaller container or bottle and work from that.
Black Cumin Seed Oil may support, aid, ease, soothe, reduce, calm, relax, promote and/or maintain healthy function:
Gluconeogenesis Inhibitor (Anti-Diabetic)
Hepatoprotective (Liver Protecting)
Joints - minor aches and pains, sore
Parasites (intenstinal worms)
Renoprotective (Kidney Protecting)
Skin - dry, eczema, psoriasis
Tumor Necrosis Factor Alpha Inhibitor
The Black Cumin Seed carrier oil has a high amount of Vitamin A, B, and C and minerals including potassium, copper, zinc and selenium. It has been used as all-purpose medicinal oil for centuries in Asia and Middle Eastern countries. It is especially noted for use with various skin conditions. Absorbs into skin at average speed leaving a slight oily feeling left on skin.
According to Dr. Gary Null of the Progressive Radio Network, "Black cumin oil is probably the single most important oil you can put in your system. Every time you take black cumin you are stimulating your immune system to fight on your behalf and increase natural killer cells." Nigella sativa has been healing ills for more than 2000 years. It stimulates the immune system and is used effectively today for HIV, auto-immune disease and cancerous tumors (specifically pancreatic cancer tumors). Some feel black cumin oils improves the immune response by 72% in as few as four weeks.* Dr. Hwyda Arafat at the Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson conducted several studies using Nigella sativa (black cumin) to treat pancreatic cancer. The results showed 80% cancer tumor cell death. Dr. Arafat went on to say, "Nigella sativa helps treat a broad array of diseases, including some immune and inflammatory disorders. Previous studies also have shown anticancer activity in prostate and colon cancers, as well as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects."
Thymoquinone: Potential Cure for Inflammatory Disorders and Cancer - a PubMed article
The Cancer Research Laboratory of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA, in 1997 stated Black Cumin seed oil had enormous success in tumor therapy without the negative side effects of common chemo-therapy. They found that it increased the growth rate of bone marrow cells by a staggering 250% and inhibited tumor growth by 50%. It stimulated immune cells and raised the interferon production which protects cells from the cell destroying effect of viruses. The cancer research group concluded that when a person has a healthy immune system, cancer cells are destroyed before cancer can pose a risk to a person’s health. They concluded that black seed oil is an ideal candidate for use in cancer prevention and treatment and that it has remarkable promises for clinical use.
For cancer, take three teaspoons daily in divided doses combined with a healthy cancer diet and exercise program. Both immune problems and cancer are treated with the addition of fresh garlic. Black cumin should be taken daily as a preventative measure for all diseases.
Can Nigella Sativa Oil (NSO) Reverse Hypothyroid Status Induced by PTU in Rat? Biochemical and Histological Studies
Conclusion: "Nigella sativa oil has antioxidant effect that could ameliorate PTU induced oxidative stress and damage of thyroid follicles so could be considered to have a significant therapeutic role in hypothyroid disease."
Black Seed - 'The Remedy For Everything But Death'
This humble, but immensely powerful seed, kills MRSA, heals the chemical weapon poisoned body, stimulates regeneration of the dying beta cells within the diabetic's pancreas, and yet too few even know it exists.
"Acute lymphoblastic leukemia is one of the malignant proliferations of lymphoid cells in the early stages of differentiation and accounts for about 80% of all cases of childhood leukemia. Side effects of available treatment are still main concern. Thymoquinone (TQ), a natural compound isolated from Nigella sativa, induces growth inhibition and apoptosis in several cancer cell lines."
1 tsp daily mixed with raw honey or fresh juice one hour before breakfast.
Children under 12: Most sources suggest 1/2 adult dose. One source doesn't recommend for children under 18 months, yet another says that an infant's dose would be 1/2 that of a child's dose. Please be responsible to do your research for your child/family.
For cancer, some take 3 tsps daily in divided doses. Immune system issues and cancer are also treated with fresh garlic, healthy cancer-killing diet and exercise program. Black Cumin oil can be taken daily as a preventative for all health issues.
*Two studies were done in 1987 at the I.I.M.E.R. in Panama City, Florida to verify the immune building effects of black cumin. The volunteer groups were given one gram of black cumin twice a day or a placebo. After four weeks, the end results showed a 72 percent increase in T-cell ratios and cell functional activity in most participants.
1. I have arthritic left thumb. I put Black Cumin oil on it, and it really does decrease the swelling, stiffness and pain with mobility. - Leslie
2. For severe back pain I have been using Black Cumin, Strength, Copaiba and EMU oil. Then I apply heat to my back, and it really works. I don't know which one of these works, but I know the combo of all of them really works. - L.R.
3. My friend had a tumor on her breast, and they had been rubbing the Black Cumin oil right on it. The tumor had turned black and was flaking off!!! She was gaining strength and doing so much better. However, the flu bug got the best of her and that took her rather than the cancer. We have all been having a nasty upper respiratory flu going around up here and her body just couldn't handle it. - Janet
4. My tween began getting mild acne around her hairline, nose and on her chin. We put Complexion blend into your Black Cumin Seed oil at a 3% dilution rate per your chart. She has been using it daily to moisturize her face after showering. Her face improved within 48 hours. We also used the same oils at a 10% dilution in a roll-on applicator that she can put directly on red spots. Within a day, the redness has disappeared. Thank you for this great blend. We will be adding your Honey Oatmeal goat milk soap with our next order. By the way- this is a kid-approved post. My daughter asked me to tell you about it because she's sure other pre-teen girls would appreciate the info. :) - April
5. Black cumin seed oil is phenomenal for cysts! Apply several times per day and it knocks out infection every time. - Wendee
Parker, Susan M. Power of the Seed: Your Guide to Oils for Health ? Beauty, Process Self-reliance Series, page 155-156.