Breathe Easy Gentle Blend
Balsam Fir (Abies balsamea), Rosalina (Melaleuca ericafolia), Black Spruce (Picea mariana), Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), Spearmint (Mentha spicata), Hyssop var decumbens (Hyssopus officinalis)
Therapeutic Uses Breathe Easy essential oil blend may support, aid, ease, soothe, reduce, calm, relax, promote and/or maintain healthy function of the following:
Insect bites, stings
Skin, minor scrapes, wounds
A gentle blend of essential oils noted to help support sinus and respiratory issues. The oils in this blend are suitable for children, the elderly and those with sensitive skin.
"Essential oils absorbed into the abdominal veins [eg. as a suppository or applied on inner thighs] bypass the liver. They are fed directly into the heart-lung circulatory system without first being subjected to biotransformation by the liver detoxification enzyme system. Consequently, they reach the lower bronchial capillaries in their original lipophilic and volatile state, still capable of eliminating pathogenic microorganisms and dissolving and expectorating mucus" (From The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils
by Kurt Schnaubelt.)
or use a personal Nasal Inhaler
Breathe Easy is suitable for internal use within safe parameters if such use is deemed appropriate. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while medical doctors or health care practitioners may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter of using "French aromatherapy" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application.
Click here for information about internal usage.
The following anecdotal testimonies have not been reviewed by the FDA.
The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure disease.
Information shared on the HEO website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice given by your trusted health care provider.
We believe that essential oils are provided by the Lord to support our health and well-being.
The Lord is our wisdom, protector and healer.
(Genesis 1:29-30, Ezekiel 47:12)
1. I previously had good results with Respiratory Relief when my little ones were ill, but I had recently purchased Breathe Easy to give it a try. I am very pleased with the results. We diffused and applied topically (diluted). - Nessie
2. The Breathe Easy blend helped my 2.5 year old get better recently - he had a cough, slight fever and just felt awful. I used Breathe Easy diluted on his chest and Plague Defense diluted on his feet, and he is much better ( he still has a bit of a cough but is himself again!!) I haven't put it on him since he has felt better. He also likes the smell of Breathe Easy!! I think that alone helped him feel better. Before I found out about HEO, I used Vicks Baby formula - I absolutely prefer the Breathe Easy!! - Jennifer
3. Breathe Easy is wonderful for adults too. Hubby and I have been using it for a yucky cough we have, and it has helped so much. - Lana
5. My husband worked in the VA hospital in intense second hand smoke for over 30 years. Until the last couple of years he had severe lung issues. Because of that and because of fear of getting anything that could cause congestion, he faithfully got a flu shot every September. By the end of September EVERY year he would have bronchitis - very asthma like - which he would have until the following May. It was the plague of every winter! Long before I knew all I know now about it, I would cring when he would get the shot. Somehow, without conciously connecting it to the shot, I saw it as the beginning of the scary, very long, season. One year - maybe about five years ago now - I suggested he not get the shot. He reluctantly agreed. The end of September came - no bronchitits. We were both causiously amazed! Because of my fear of being wrong, I watched for every symptom! At even a clearing of the throat I would be there with lemon and raw honey. I began to learn about essential oils and started using them if he would be getting a cold, etc. I learned to diffuse and got some oil mixtures for lung damage from Hopewell Essential Oils (Lung Healing and Breathe Easy). We made it though the first year of no serious lung issues. Whew! This year I am convinced his lungs have completely healed. That probably would be considered impossible, but it is the only thing I can conclude. At this point it is several years since either Larry or I have had a cold or any other congestive issue. We refuse any medical intrusion and are so fortunate to have a doctor from Napal who understands. He goes through the routine of 'recommending' but then drops the subject. This year I think he really believed Larry should have the pnomonia shot, but we stood firm. I have the tools provided by the Almighty if we need them. - Margaret
4. I just wanted to let you know we have our little smiling flower back! There is a bit of lingering cough and congestion, but for the most part it is gone! I did not have to do any more suppositories. The fever broke and stayed away Friday. I praise The LORD most High for this victory. What a battle, but with Holy Spirit by our side, we knew which weapons to use when and how to attack. Pneumonia has been defeated. At home. No drugs or machines, just the incredible immune system. Simply amazing. And we are so blessed to have other warriors like you by our side. It is always so refreshing and encouraging to have an e-mail conversation with you. You help hold my arms up!: -) - Tricia
[HEO's Comment: They used Immune Support and Breathe Easy Gentle Blends]
5. Last month I assembled an essential oil gift basket for my pastor's wife. Last week my pastor was outside and began to have an asthma attack. He has pulmonary fibrosis, which is a fatal lung disease with no cure. He wears oxygen 24/7. As he started to have an asthma attack he could feel his lungs closing and did not have his inhaler. He looked in his wife's truck and found the Breathe Easy that I had put in her basket. He inhaled it deeply, and the asthma attack stopped suddenly and he could breathe. He keeps the Breathe Easy in his pocket now. He thanked me today in front of the church for putting that oil in the gift basket and for the wonderful Christian company of Hopewell oils. After he saw the name "Hopewell" on the bottle, he researched the company and found out that you were an honorable Christian company. He was excited to use the oils knowing he was supporting such an honorable company. - Debra
6. I was completely eager to get Breathe Easy because I knew it was safe for my two month old! I got sick with a severe cold, and then my newborn son and my husband got the same thing! I was still on the mend when Breathe Easy came, so I put it in the diffuser right out of box! Within minutes my sinuses were clearing and my baby's breathing became less of a struggle! My husband (the skeptic) came home, and he was feeling a little better within the hour! He now asks for my oils! Thank you for giving us parent-safe alternatives for little ones! - Lyz
7. I applied Breathe Easy on my daughter's inner thighs and her coughing fit just stopped! It was crazy-awesome how fast that worked. Now my husband is doing it with Respiratory Relief! Thank you!!! - Leigh
8. Peroxidizer - Use 3% peroxide - 3 bottles of peroxide to 5 bottles of water in a cool mist humidifier. I use the ultrasonic humidifier because it cranks out more volume. Sit in front of it and breathe deeply - pathogens in the lungs and sinuses can't live in an oxygen enriched environment. Usually the flu and so on is gone within 24 hours using this method. You can also put it by your bed or the bed of your children at night when flu and cold strikes. Some have also had good results adding a few drops of lugols iodine solution, which sounds like a good idea to me. - Kay
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil.” We are not aware of a case where essential oil in the eyes caused permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK, 2013.