Cancer of the Skin
The following are links to information and articles that may be helpful. We don't endorse this information, but we have posted it in an effort to broaden the horizon of understanding cancer and possible treatments.
Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) is the most common form of skin cancer, affecting approximately one million Americans each year. These cancers arise in the basal cells, which line the deepest layer of the epidermis (top skin layer). Basal cell carcinomas are rarely fatal, but can be highly disfiguring.
Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) arises in the squamous cells that make up most of the skin’s upper layers (epidermis). Squamous cell carcinomas may occur on all areas of the body including the mucous membranes and genitals, but are most common in areas frequently exposed to the sun, such as the rim of the ear, lower lip, face, bald scalp, neck, hands, arms and legs.
Melanoma is a malignant tumor that originates in melanocytes, cells which produce the pigment melanin that colors our skin, hair, and eyes. The majority of melanomas are black or brown. However, some melanomas are skin-colored, pink, red, purple, blue or white. Melanoma is the most serious form of skin cancer. However, if it is recognized and treated early, it is nearly 100 percent curable. But if it is not, the cancer can advance and spread to other parts of the body, where it becomes hard to treat and can be fatal. While it is not the most common of the skin cancers, it causes the most deaths.
1. As a postal carrier, I have had numerous bouts with skin cancer. I have used FRANKINCENSE on each “mole” morning and night for a week, and they disappear. I’ve had some come back, which is to be expected since I spend so much time outdoors, but Frankincense always works and works quickly.
2. My father-in-law had a mole on his forehead that looked worrisome. He applied FRANKINCENSE directly on the spot (undiluted) twice daily, and whatever it was, it just fell off. The skin underneath was completely normal, and there is not a sign that it was ever there.
3. I had what I self-diagnosed as Melanoma on my forehead (based on photos I compared with online), and I applied FRANKINCENSE undiluted on it daily. It took several months to disappear, but now there is no sign of it, and it has not come back.
4. I had several spots on my face that were diagnosed as Melanoma. The MD wanted to do surgery, but I opted to try essential oils. I didn’t have Frankincense, which is commonly used for skin cancer, but used PLAGUE DEFENSE instead. Essential oils only kill bad cells and leave the good ones. My spots initially turned red and then scabbed over. Skin cancer is funnel shaped, so each time the scab fell off, the spot got smaller. It seems like it works its way to the very root of it. When they were finally gone, I had no scars and couldn’t detect where the cancer had been. Wow!
5. I spent many years lying in the sun on the beach, and at the age of 40 began seeing an uneven mole-like spot appear on my forehead. My MD diagnosed it as basil cell carcinoma. I put off surgery so I could first try essential oils, and FRANKINCENSE applied morning and night completely took care of it in less than 2 weeks. Yipeeee!!!! Not only did I save $$, but I also felt no pain and have no scar.
6. Dr. John L. Robertson, a professor in the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech and director of the college’s Center for Comparative Oncology, has worked with the use of FRANKINCENSE essential oil as a possible treatment for malignant melanoma in horses, noting that the risk factors for malignant melanoma in people and horses are very similar. Robertson’s research showed that equine melanomas respond to this therapy. This article follows below.
7. I used FRANKINCENSE on a precancerous spot, and it flaked off. Thanks. - Roberta
8. I have read about people putting iodine on all types of skin cancers, growths, and so on to get rid of them. I had a small growth on the back of my hand, so I started putting cheap old tincture of iodine on it. It was totally gone in 2 weeks and left just a small scar. - Kay
9. I'm amazed at how the HELICHRYSUM BLEND is healing some spots on my arm. I had some assumed pre-cancerous spots frozen/burned off. After they scabbed, I started using diluted Frankincense on them. I didn't notice any significant changes. Yesterday I applied diluted Helichrysum Blend, 2x yesterday and once this morning. The areas are significantly faded, and I kind of have to look to find them. Now that's some healing power in the Helichrysum Blend! I'm kind of anxious for my next boo boo so I can try it again! - Becky H.
10. My husband had a suspicious spot on his arm (he has never been diagnosed w/skin cancer but others in his family have). He has been applying FRANKINCENSE neat on the spot on his arm for a couple of weeks, and it has all but disappeared. He has a hard time finding it now to apply each day. He has been applying 2 times a day but has now cut back to one. - Becky
11. A friend of mine had a skin cancer removed from his face and someone gave him a tiny bottle of Lavender. A few weeks later I had to look carefully to see where the stitches had been. Another friend had one removed from her hand - a deep, 2" cut. I gave her some LAVENDER, and she's also delighted with the healing. (Note: Both of them waited until the stitches were out to use the oils.) I've also used Lavender on small cuts and scrapes that didn't need stitches. It took away pain, inflammation and healed with no scarring. - Teresa
12. I just left my doctor appointment where I was going to have a spot of skin cancer removed with dry ice. He originally diagnosed it early summer and scheduled me to come back in the fall because it was better to treat when the sun's rays were not so strong. In the meantime I thought it would not hurt anything to put FRANKINCENSE oil on it! I didn't do it everyday. In fact many days would go by sometime in between applications, and then other times I would faithfully put it on 2 times a day or more and cover it with a bandage to keep it on for longer. I had noticed that it was looking less visible, but I didn't know if under magnification it would have made enough difference for him to not want to remove it. Boy, was I excited when the doctor looked in amazed disbelief through his instrument at what USED TO BE a spot of skin cancer that is no longer there thanks to the use of Frankincense essential oil!!! He was stunned. Me, not so much. I know these oils work. This isn't even the first time that I've stunned a doctor with the amazing results of essential oils. - feeling blessed. - Barb
13. I had a "mutated freckle." The spot has been there awhile, but about 2 months ago it became itchy, raised and scaly. The dermatologist suspected Basal Cell Carcinoma. I did a Google search and found an article that suggested to layer FRANKINCENSE, LAVENDER, CYPRESS and ROSEMARY neat in that order on the effected area, one at a time, layered morning and evening. I just left the dermatologist's office TWO WEEKS after my first appointment for a scheduled biospsy, and it is GONE. The doctor was surprised and he said he cannot explain it but to come back in 6 months for a checkup. At this time, it does not look ominous and requires NO TREATMENT! Praise God for His healing power and the oils He led me to. Thank you, Linda for offering such an amazing product. - Lori
Breakthrough Treatment for Skin Cancer by Jeffrey Dach MD
Boswellic acid acetate induces differentiation and apoptosis in highly metastatic melanoma and fibrosarcoma cells, a PubMed report
© 2016 Hopewell Essential Oils