(Cellulite is unrelated - except etymologically - to cellulitis.)
Essential oils noted for use with Cellulite
Cellulite is composed of fat, cellular wastes and water, the oils used for this condition improve circulation, encourage the elimination of wastes and fluid.
BASIL, CLARY SAGE, CYPRESS, FENNEL, GERANIUM,
GINGER, GRAPEFRUIT, JUNIPER, LEDUM, LEMON, ROSEMARY, TANGERINE
Cellulite is an accumulation of old fat cell clusters that solidify, and it is difficult to dissolve or eliminate from the body. The concern is that toxins and petrochemicals tend to accumulate in fatty tissue. Cellulite is slow to dissolve, so it may take 4-6 weeks or more of a consistent protocol to see results.
Cellulitis, on the other hand, is a common, potentially serious, spreading inflammation of the skin and the tissues just beneath the skin that results from bacterial infection. It usually begins as a small area of tenderness, swelling and redness, and it may spread rapidly. As this red area begins to enlarge, the person may develop a fever, sometimes with chills and sweats. Many experience swollen lymph nodes near the area of infected skin.
Typical General Protocol for Cellulite
- Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of filtered water daily.
- Exercise daily.
- Apply essential oils topically, appropriately diluted with a carrier oil, and massage vigorously 3x daily if possible.
- Bath: Fill tub with suitably warm water. Combine 1 tsp (5mL) milk with 4-6 drops of a blend such as follows. Agitate the water as you add it to the tub.
20 drops Rosemary
20 drops Fennel
15 drops Juniper
15 drops Grapefruit
5 drops Geranium
Combine these or a similar blend into a 5 mL glass dropper bottle.
1. I'd read how the body stores environmental toxins in our fat cells to save them from being deposited in our organs. These toxins saturate the cells with a filmy layer and prevent them from taking in nutrition. If this cycle continues, we keep growing more fat cells to deal with more toxins, and we slowly get larger and larger, carrying around more and more weighty toxins and old fat cells. Then I learned that essential oils "digest" the filmy layer that saturates the cell wall, and their high oxygen content ushers nutrients into the cell. By applying some essential oils topically and taking some internally morning and night, I lost three inches in six weeks. In a nutshell, here is what I did:
- I put 10 drops LEDUM in my bottle of CITRUS BLESSING. I used this to massage my fatty areas morning and night. I didn't dilute this, but it would be easier to apply and would have stretched it if I had. I also applied this over my liver as a cleanse.
- I put 10 drops of GRAPEFRUIT into a capsule and took internally that morning and night as well.
(I used the Ledum because of its use for the liver, obesity and water retention.)
Purchon, Nerys; Cantele, Lora, Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness, page 197.