DeepEase (formerly called Deep Healing)
Emu (Dromaius novaehollandiae), Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita), Blue Tansy (Tanecetum annum), Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Carrot Seed (Daucus carota) and Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia)
This blend is also available without the Emu oil (Select EO's only - no Emu in the Size/Price menu) and also in a spray.
Pregnancy/Breastfeeding? Tisserand/Young note that Carrot Seed oil may interfere with gestation: "On the basis of Chinese research, we advise avoidance of carrot seed oil during pregnancy. However the quantities of essential oil used were very high, and an NOAEL for reproductive toxicity may yet be established."
Medication? Caution All Routes: Antidepressants, Tamoxifen, Codeine (CYP2D6 substrates), Diabetes medication (oral use)
This is an incredible blend for deep tissue needs.
Skin inflammation (such as eczema and psoriasis)
This blend is also available in a moisturizing spray.
Application Suggestions (see Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart)
Topical: Apply on area of concern as desired. DeepEase is 50% emu oil. It has been used as is, but please consider adding more carrier to avoid risk of sensitization. Arnica infused oil is a good choice for another carrier oil to add, as it has properites that also support healing from bruises, fractures and sprains.
This works well in a roll-on applicator.
Inhalation: It is not recommended to diffuse this oil since it is in a base of Emu oil.
1. I fractured the bones on either side of my knuckle when I slammed a door on my finger. The pain kept me from sleeping well for many nights. Linda suggested that I apply their DeepEase essential oil on my finger, and within one minute the pain went from an 8 to a 3 on a scale of 10. I have been applying their Deep Healing essential oil several times a day for a while now and the finger is healing nicely. The pain relief it brings me is such a blessing. Thank you! – Tracie
2. My husband twisted/partially dislocated his knee last week. My mom had the Deep Healing and loaned it to him to use until she needed it again. He is wanting some of his own now. - Teresa
3. My 1-year-old daughter got her finger pinched in a closed door, and my friend quickly dug out her Deep Healing and and applied it to the finger. My baby stopped crying right away, and the next day you could see no mark at all. It had been all white - no circulation. - B. B.
4. Just picked up my order, took off my husband's splint to reveal his "balloon" foot that was so tight I thought it would break when I touched it [broken foot]. I carefully applied Deep Healing, let it soak in, then Pain X. Then I very lightly (like a lymph massage) rubbed the foot, top toward his leg, bottom toward heel simultaneously. I was amazed to see the swelling go down before my eyes! The skin loosened and relaxed. Yes, he still has dimples at the base of his toes, it is still swollen and discolored--purple fading to yellow--but the rapidity of which it started to work was incredible. I'll keep this up till he gets the cast on Monday. Thanks for being so helpful and unbelievably prompt as well as an impeccable packager. Thanks also for being a willing servant/friend of our God. - K.T.
5. I began using the oils immediately. I know healing comes from God and believe He uses His natural methods to accomplish that. I've been drinking tangerine water for less than a week and using the lymph/liver/kidney cleanse on the bottoms of my feet. For several weeks I've been putting the DeepEase and Birch on my knee. For the first time in months I have been able to wear the same shoes all day (usually have to change several times a day), and my knee is actually bending so I don't have to walk stiff-legged. This is with minimal pain, when I am used to having to stop in my tracks and writhe before going on. I hope healing continues at this rate so I'll be able to do the spring preparation and planting. Pain did not wake me up last night, either. So praise God from whom all blessings flow and thank you for your oils, suggestions and being so open to His leading. May His blessings flow not only through you but to you and your wonderful family. - K. R. T.
6. I have a client with a dark, deep tissue wound that happened 35 years ago. It looked horrible on her leg, and she has tried all sorts of things over the years with nothing making a difference. I told her about DeepEase a month ago so she ordered it. She called me within a week saying the wound site was getting lighter. I spoke with her yesterday, and it is still progressing. It is almost completely skin tone now. How amazing is God! Thank you for this blend :) - C.P.
7. I used DeepEase on a bad burn I got last night. It started to blister right away, and I had my case of oils on the counter. I applied some DeepEase and wrapped the finger. This morning you can barely tell it was burned at all. I just love your oils! - Lisa C.
8. I twisted my ankle 3 days ago -- fairly badly. I heard a snap, and it was very swollen/bruised by the afternoon. I began using DeepEase right away. The swelling is now light, and the bruising is all gone. I was able to walk to the park (about a mile+) with my family last evening without pain (just 2 days after the snap). No need for ibuprofen or the like, and I am able to move about without pain, which is really important with 5 small children! - Christy
9. We were vacationing in Florida, and when my toddler was up going to the bathroom her thumb got shut in the door :-( It bled around the nail, and there was quite a bit of blood under the nail. I only had my travel kit of oils and Helichrysum Blend. I applied DeepEase to the thumb (the thumb is pretty bruised). Amazingly, she went back to sleep! She was doing well the next morning, but her thumb was very swollen and tight. There was lots of blood under nail. I know it had to be painful, but she is a trooper! I applied DeepEase again and then a few hours later applied Helichrysum Blend (at Linda's suggestion). I'm so thankful I brought my oils!!! The following day our daughter's finger looked amazing! The swelling was down, and after putting the DeepEase on, the blood behind the nail drained completely out! She woke up today and said... "Look Mom! My thumb is healed!!!" :-). She used it all day! Thank you for your concern and help. It truly is amazing. I am so thankful for God's gift of these oils and you and your willingness to share your knowledge and oils with us!! - Lora
UPDATE Next Day: It truly is a miracle! I have never seen the blood behind a nail drain out like it did. Today it barely looks like anything happened, and she says it doesn't hurt! This 3-year-old's finger was shut and locked in a door 3 days ago!!! Amazing!
10. My husband had a shoulder injury, possibly a strained muscle or tendon. It had been hurting him for a couple of weeks. He used DeepEase, one drop twice a day, for 4 days and it was healed! He's completely better now. I have an elbow pain that may be from a strained tendon and have been applying it to my elbow for about a week now, and though it's improved, it's not healed yet. - Kristy
11. Before my husband went in for surgery on his eyelids, we were warned that there would be MAJOR bruising. After checking out my options, I ordered DeepEase. It has worked great. There was minimal bruising. The doctor, nurse and others who have had the surgery have commented about the lack of bruising. After what bruises he had went away, I stopped using the oil...wrong move. It is called DeepEase for a reason. He was having aching in his eyes so we started applying the oil again 2X a day, and it helped the ache. I used 30 drops in my roll-on applicator with a fractionated coconut carrier oil and applied 2x daily around the bony part of the eyes (racoon style), not on the stitches. It might of seeped in but he rubbed it in. He asks for it now because it helps. He said that even through the visible bruising is gone, it still feels bruised, but DeepEase helps it feel better. Thanks so much! - Norma
12. I have to tell you that the DeepEase was the the "icing on the cake" so to speak for my knee. I had taken a fall and my knee was sprained and pulled. I was using Pain Patrol, PainX, Regeneration and others for a few weeks, several times a day, and there was improvement. However, when I added the DeepEase, overnight a drastic improvement came. In fact, I don't even remember the pain. Halleluyah, PTL. :) - Dawn
13. I had a traumatic birth with my last one and had to have an emergency c-section. I had bad PTSD and kept thinking my baby was going to die. I went to a nutrionalist, and she recommended Sunshine and DeepEase. Both were very helpful. - Betsy
14. My daughter had itchy bumps on her hands that the MD said was eczema. She prescribed a steroid cream, but we used DeepEase instead. It cleared up in a few days. I diluted it in a roll-on applicator at about 3% (10 drops of DeepEase and the rest olive oil). She applied it on her palms throughout the day, and at night she put gloves on after applying the oil. As usualy, the oils did the trick! - Heather
Tisserand/Young note that Carrot Seed oil may interfere with gestation: "On the basis of Chinese research, we advise avoidance of carrot seed oil during pregnancy. However the quantities of essential oil used were very high, and an NOAEL for reproductive toxicity may yet be established."
Medication Caution All Routes: Antidepressants, Tamoxifen, Codeine (CYP2D6 substrates)
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil." We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Carrot Seed Caution for Pregnancy: Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014, pages 233-234.