Diverticulitis - Inflammation in the colon, causing pain and disturbance of bowel function
Several of our friends have found Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet by Elaine Gottschall helpful to their recovery.
Diverticulitis usually develops after the age of forty as a result of weakened tissue and pressure against the intestinal walls due to aging. Inflammation occurs when these pockets fill with waste that becomes trapped in them.
1. I have found that I can knock down severe inflammation due to diverticulitis with 20 drops of Linda’s WARRIOR blend in a 00 capsule 3 times daily.
[HEO's Safety Comment: Oral use should only be considered with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while medical doctors or health care practitioners may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils.]
2. Aloe vera promotes the healing of the inflamed areas. Drink 125 ml aloe vera juice three times a day.
3. I find relief with a blend of PEPPERMINT, ROMAN CHAMOMILE, ROSEMARY and CLOVE in a small amount of coconut oil rubbed over my stomach in a clockwise motion.
4. I used to have severe attacks with diverticulitis, but since applying DIGESTION SUPPORT on my naval morning and night, I have not had one more attack. I love these oils. - J.F.
5. I am using DIGESTION SUPPORT for diverticulitius. I was diagnosed with this many years ago and have controlled it well with diet, but I had a severe bout with it a couple of weeks ago, which is why I ordered Digestion Support. I put a drop on my belly button when I have any stomach distress, and this has worked really well. - Sharon G.
6. My mom has great success.with DIGESTION SUPPORT in her belly button several times per day plus at least 1 cup of aloe vera 2x per day, and probiotics daily. - Sunny