Face Nourishment: Wrinkle Ease Spray
Neroli (Citrus aurantium), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Frankincense (Boswelia frereana/carterii), Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis), Carrot Seed (Daucus carota), Lemon (Citrus limonum) and Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) essential oils in a base of Sweet Almond oil (Prunus dulcis)
Pregnancy/Lactation? Tisserand/Young note that Fennel is contraindicated for use during pregnancy/lactation and that Carrot Seed oil may interfere with gestation: "On the basis of Chinese research, we advise avoidance of carrot seed oil during pregnancy. However the quantities of essential oil used were very high, and an NOAEL for reproductive toxicity may yet be established."
We found the recipe for this blend in Valerie Worword's book, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. The following is from the book on page 114: "Cellular regeneration is the key to a youthful skin, and essential oils provide a way of doing this which is far more pleasant than the most recent methods which involve fetal cells. The nutrients and proteins in essential oils help to maintain the mattress-like bounciness of collagen, upon which the outer layers of skin rest, and encourage the regeneration of new cells. The circulation-stimulating properties of the oils oxygenate the blood which in turn energizes the cells, allowing regeneration to take place. Some oils do this particularly well. Other oils such as fennel contain hormonal-like properties, and these encourage the firming of the skin, giving it a more youthful appearance."
Application Suggestions (see Essential Oil Usage):
After washing and rinsing the face, damp dry and spray Wrinkle Ease into the palm of the hand (1-2 sprays). Rub hands together, and then pat over the face and neck, avoiding the eyes. The dampness of the face and hands helps to apply the oil. If using the EOs-only, it will need to be diluted at least 6 drops of the blend to 8 drops of carrier oil in order to avoid phototoxicity issues with Lemon, which needs to be no more than 2% in the blend (see Safety information below).
1. I wanted to let you know that I can already tell a difference after using Wrinkle Ease just a couple of weeks. When my friends saw me at church they asked what I'd done (I guess they thought I'd had a face lift - ha!). Seriously, this stuff is great. I want to order some for my friends to give as Christmas gifts. - S. P.
2. I had only used Wrinkle Ease for a week while in Texas, and by the time I got home my neighbor took one look at me and asked what I'd been doing in Texas. She said my face looked radiant. I need to order some for her as a gift for taking care of my house while I was away. - S.M.
3. I love the subtle aroma of your Wrinkle Ease. It makes my skin feel so nourished and smooth. The other day I went out to collect the mail and my neighbor and a I started chatting at the box. I was standing in the sunlight (where all my imperfections can really show up), and out of the blue she asked me what I'd done to get my face to look so beautiful. I could have passed out! Wow, I thought this stuff was working, but there is no better proof than standing out in the sunshine like that. You'd better get a lot of this made up; I'm telling all my friends to call you! - S.S.
4. I have thoroughly enjoyed the Wrinkle Ease face oil. It has significantly lightened a nickel-sized liver/sunspot on my face. I hadn't realized it until one day I was fixing my hair and realized that I couldn't see it. To say the least, I am so pleased. I was told I would have to have it lasered off to remove it (which wasn't going to happen). - K.L.
5. I loved the Wrinkle Ease. I gave it to my mom for Christmas but snitched a few sprays after she opened it. When she arrived, I had an itchy, dry patch on my lower lip area that wouldn't heal up. I first thought it was chapped skin, but lanolin, cocoa butter and another salve wasn't healing it after a week. I tried Wrinkle Ease and the area was gone within 48 hrs. - J.K.
6. I had a skin tag on my cheek that was not terribly bothersome, but I could see it when I looked down, and I did wish it was not there. I applied Frankincense undiluted to it occasionally when I thought about it, and I also used Face Nourishment Wrinkle Ease occasionally. I didn't see any change it in, and yet one day as I brushed my hand across my face, it just fell off. There was not a sign that it had ever been there! - Linda
7. HEO Wrinkle Ease and Little Flowers are the best skin products I’ve ever used. - Jason B.
8. Dr. Kristin Mowry with The Healing and Wellness Center of Kent Island replied in answer to a question on Facebook: "Sugar gluten and dairy are the most common suspects with acne. The Wrinkle Ease essential oil blend works great. I do food allergy testing in my office. You are welcome to call, and we arrange a phone consult. I can help you sort out what's going on. Skin is a direct reflection of digestion!”
9. I've been using Wrinkle Ease and Little Flowers for the last couple weeks, and I have to say, I'm am very pleased with it. I was a long time user of Mary Kay, and nothing they have compares! I have trouble with oily skin, but MK moisturizer for oily skin left my face feeling dry. With Wrinkle Ease my skin feels great, well moisturized but not oily! Love, Love, Love this product! - Becky
10. I love the Wrinkle Ease and Little Flowers. It has improved the texture of my skin, is not greasy and smells lovely. - C.M.
11. I have been using the Wrinkle Ease by itself, and it has been making my face smoother and has cleared up the dry patches that no other skin cream helped. I am looking forward to my next order where I ordered Little Flowers to add to Wrinkle Ease. - Marilyn
12. I recently started using the Wrinkle Ease and Little Flowers oils at night and in the morning as a moisturizer on my face. I have noticed at night that my skin is not a dirty as it used to be and that in the morning, my skin isn't as oily as it normally is. I really believe it is because of the HEO oils I've been using. I also have noticed less breakouts as well. Together, I think those two oils work very well in keeping my skin under control. Yea!!! - Stacy
13. I really like your products. I use a lot of the Face Nourishment Wrinkle Ease blend. It has helped repair a lot of skin damage on my face. Nothing else has worked well until now! - Duane
14. I have been a mail carrier for 17 years, and my right arm gets the most sun. A lot of sun damage! I started using Wrinkle Ease mixed with a few drops of Little Flowers. On week 3 you could see a difference, and by week 5 other people in the post office noticed. One lady walked by me and exclaimed: "Debbie, what are you doing to your arm!?" It was always so dry and the skin was cracked. I have tried many creams and sun screen to no avail. Your products have made my skin look like I don't work outside at all. I use 2 squirts for each arm twice a day. I rub it in real hard and fast thinking it's best to get my arms good and warm to help open pores. I also use 2 squirts twice a day on face too. In 5 weeks I have other people telling me how good I look. Now, my husband and 3 of my friends are using it because of what it has done for me. Thank you so much. - Debbie
15. We absolutely love Face Nourishment: Wrinkle Ease! Since I began using it my wrinkles have definitely improved. My neck was starting to show signs of age, but now I feel like I’ve gained a few years back. If I had one word to describe my skin in the mornings after putting Wrinkle Ease on, I would say radiant! I also have two daughters who have found great improvement in their acne since they started using it. One daughter is more on the oily side and one is super dry tending towards eczema, but both girls love it! Maybe it should be called something like “Healthy Skin” instead! - Katy
16. I am in LOVE with Little Flowers Spray and Wrinkle Ease Spray. They are amazing. They both have Frankincense in them, and that is supposed to help with dark spots. I use Wrinkle Ease in the morning and I use Little Flowers at night. LOVE LOVE LOVE! - Wendee
17. I ordered the Wrinkle Ease hoping to brighten up my skin. I'm a 58-year-old grandmother. The very first time I used it someone commented on how beautiful my skin was. I told her my age and she said she didn't think I was even close to 50!! Wow! I highly recommend it to all the grandmas out there. It is outstanding :) - Sue
18. I love the Wrinkle Ease Face Nourishment. I dab it around the outer part of my eyes and around my lips every morning after my shower. I am not successful spraying it on my hands right out of the shower and applying it to my face. It ends up going where I don't want it. The dabbing works well for me. I let it soak in while I dry my hair and get dressed, etc. Then, before makeup, I just gently rub it in more and extend it out a bit if it feels too heavy. I just LOVE it! - Margaret
19. I got my Face Nourishment Wrinkle Ease yesterday and applied it this morning. I love, love, love it! - Jennifer
20. I use Wrinkle Ease in place of moisturizer every evening after I take off my makeup and every morning after my shower. Nicki
Carrot Seed Caution for Pregnancy: Tisserand/Young note that Carrot Seed oil may interfere with gestation: "On the basis of Chinese research, we advise avoidance of carrot seed oil during pregnancy. However the quantities of essential oil used were very high, and an NOAEL for reproductive toxicity may yet be established."
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil." We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Phototoxicity? According to some aromatherapy literature, 12 drops of Lemon per ounce of carrier is reported to be safe when exposed to UV light. That’s 1.5%. Robert Tisserand, author of Essential Oil Safety for Health Professionals, suggests that the maximum dermal use level be 2%. The amount of Lemon in Wrinkle Ease Spray is 0.3%, which is 5x less than what is considered 'safe.' In the EOs only, it is 4.6%.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK, 2013, pages 233-234, 276-277.
Worwood, Valerie, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy (1991), pages 114, 116.