1. My daughter had a ganglion cyst
on her wrist for over a year. I put a single application of Lemongrass on it and four days later, it was about 2/3 the original size and much softer. Another application wiped it out. [Linda's comment: Lemongrass is considered a "hot" essential oil and it is recommended that you dilute it when applying directly to your skin.]
2. Over a year ago, my friend had a ganglion cyst
and applied a blend of Oregano, Thyme and Cypress 2-3 times daily. The cyst disappeared within 2 weeks and has not returned. Her cyst was a good size, and her doctor wanted to operate on it. The actual sack around the cyst may not dissipate, but it has a good purpose, which is to hold the toxins away from the rest of the body. If it fills up again, use the oils on it! [Linda's comment: Oregano and Thyme are considered "hot" essential oils and it is recommended that you dilute them when applying directly to your skin.]
3. The Assist blend really works!! When I received the oil, I immediately applied it to my cyst
(inner left wrist, about the size of a pea) just once a day. Within two days the cyst seemed to have lost it's fluid and had shrunk down to half its size. The next day it was back to its original size (ganglion cysts will do this after treatment), and I started applying the oil twice a day. I noticed right away the oil helped with wrist pain! The next day the cyst was virtually gone! Maybe the size of the tip of a pencil. No pain! A few days later it came back - but if I am diligent about applying the oil it will shrink pretty quickly. Three days ago it was half its original size, but it was painful, so I applied the oil three times that day. That night, about an hour after applying the oil, I had an odd, flooding ache in my wrist that lasted a few minutes. When I looked at my wrist, the cyst was GONE! The ache must have been the reabsorption of the fluid. You can barely tell where it was. I have decided to apply the oil once a day to see how long it will keep the cyst from coming back, and I will let you know!! Thank you!!
4. I have had a big lump on my wrist for years
. My wrist always had pain. I looked up on the Internet about the lump on my wrist, and it suggested it was a ganglion cyst. So knowing about the oils (only had used Young Living at the time), I had put in an order from your company for the Assist blend, Awaken, Respiratory Relief, Plague Defense, Migraine Relief and Oregano oil. I absolutely love them all. I used the Assist blend, but not everyday, for a couple months, and it was not doing anything. So I decided to start using it everyday and whenever I thought to whether that be 3 times a day or just the 1 time. Let me tell you, within about 2 weeks, GONE!!! I am just amazed! My wrist pain is GONE!! I absolutely love all the oils!!! - Stephanie
5. I had a round lump on the palm of my hand
about pea size that I showed to my sister (who is a nurse), and she said it was a ganglion cyst. She didn’t know of anything I could do naturally to get rid of it, but she had no experience with essential oils. I had Respiratory Relief that I’d used on a bone spur, so I tried that for a few weeks with no change. Next, I decided to pull out the big gun: Oregano. I applied a drop of undiluted Oregano oil on the cyst (at least 4x daily - most days probably 10x daily). In two weeks the ganglion cyst was gone! I stopped putting Oregano oil on the area once it was gone and it has not returned.
6. I was told that surgery was my only option for a large ganglion cyst on my big toe
. I looked at the testimonies and saw that a couple mentioned Lemongrass, which I already had, so I put a drop of
oil on it 1x daily. In less than 2 weeks it became softer. One day I was messing with it and gave it a hard push, and it burst under the skin. I should have continued application because I noticed it coming back a few weeks later (this is apparently typical), so I started up the treatment again and it quickly disappeared.
7. When my daughter came to visit, she showed me a very large ganglion cyst
on the back of her hand. She told me that she thought it started more than a year ago, and recently it had turned from soft and squishy to hard and began expanding into her thumb. I gave her some Oregano and Thyme to use on it at least three times a day. In less than two weeks it was gone and never came back.
10. I had a large, marble-sized lump on my wrist
that my doctor diagnosed as a ganglion cyst.
He made no big deal over it and told me that it might resolve on its on or need to be surgically removed if it continued to grow. I looked on your website and decided to try Oregano and Thyme. I applied 2 drops neat of Oregano one night and 2 drops neat of Thyme the next night. After 12 days the cyst was completely gone! I continued the protocol for another couple of weeks to be sure I got to the root of it. I stopped using the oils on it about 3 months ago and it has not returned.
11. My son’s close friend was visiting a couple months ago, and I noticed a ganglion cyst
on the back of his hand. It was large enough to be painful when he extended his hand/wrist. I looked up “cysts” in the Essential Oils Desk Reference
. All it said was "2 drops of Oregano first day, 2 drops Thyme second day. Apply on location as often as needed." I asked the young man if he was willing to let me experiment on him, and he thought it would be a great test of my oils. :-) I had less than a week till the end of his visit, so I was really hoping this would work quickly. After just a few days, he came to me holding out both hands toward me and asked if I could see what had happened to his wrist. I couldn’t tell which wrist had had the cyst! There was no visible evidence of it. He was amazed that it had worked so quickly and without any pain. We have another oily convert!
11. My ganglion cyst
disappeared by applying 2 drops of Oregano on the cyst in the morning (undiluted, but I’m tough, others may need to dilute 50:50). I applied 2 drops of Thyme in the evening directly on the cyst. I did this daily until the cyst dissipated. Maybe it's the antibiotic/anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that dissipates the fluids in the cyst. I’d read that this was an effective protocol, and it sure worked great for me. There are many oils with similar properties as well.
12. I have had two ganglion cysts
in the same spot about twelve years apart. They were on the top side of my wrist. With the first one I was afraid to do the book-slam thing, but I was carrying something and accidentally hit that spot against the door frame (which had the same effect as the book slam), and it burst and dispersed. Twelve years later when it reappeared, I waited until it got large enough to hurt when I moved my hand back. I had my daughter use the spine of a book to slam it while I had my hand on a hard surface. When she hit the cyst with the spine of the book, it burst and was gone. No pain, no bruise and no broken bones (you don't hit it that hard!). - Sherrie
13. My hand doctor said ganglion cysts
often come back in the same spot where a trauma is suffered years earlier, so that if they are dispersed or removed, they may return. - Jan
14. I don't suggest the book thing
. I have had one since I was 15. A doctor did suggest the book slam, and that helped it go down, but then I had carpal tunnel syndrome for years. I am now using the Assist blend and hope it will go away. - Jessica
15. The Assist blend works
!!! I used it for a pea-sized cyst on my inner wrist and it hasn't come back! - Tesa
16. I had a ganglion cyst
and did the book slam, and it worked. This was before I knew about oils. - Holly
oil packs have worked on my cysts
. - Grace
made my ganglion cyst disappear. - LeAnne
19. The Assist blend is helping my husband's cyst disappear
! - Marlene
20. My ganglion cyst
was on the top of my foot where I had recently banged my big toe! It was hard and ugly. I applied the blend one time (undiluted, but I was ready to use a carrier if it irritated my skin), and a few hours later I tried to move it around, and it disappeared right before my eyes
. I am stunned and so happy! I am applying it again for the next few days just to make sure. I woke up this morning thinking I must have been dreaming but it's gone! Thank you so much! - Mary
21. I had a ganglion cyst
on my wrist that was very painful and bothersome. My MD drained it, but it came back. I read the testimonies about Lemongrass, but I didn't have the others mentioned, so I used Copaiba and Peppermint. I used 15 drops of Lemongrass, 10 drops of Copaiba and 10 drops of Peppermint oil in a 10ml roll-on applicator and filled the rest with castor oil. I applied it 2 times daily directly to the cyst for a month. After 2 weeks, the cyst softened and start to shrink, and now 4 weeks later, it is completely gone. I plan to continue to apply it over this area for a while to be sure it's gone for good. Woohoo! - Kaley
22. I had a ganglion cyst
on my foot that kept coming back, even after two surgeries and several hits with my heavy Bible. I used the Assist oil, and it has been 2 1/2 years since the oil got rid of the cyst
. Thank you! - Lynda
23. I used Assist on a badly sprained knee
, and the recovery was astonishing. I think the Lemongrass was perfect for the ligament/cartilege damage.
24. I purchased the Assist Oil Blend after doing some research based on a recommendation from a friend to use Oregano Oil. My research led me to the Hopewell Essential Oils, and the testimonies from this product persuaded me to purchase. I have had a rather hard and large cyst on the top of my right hand for about a year now. It was getting to the point where I started to experience some pain from it, and it was so large that I would often bump it, causing more pain. I went to the Dr. for it a few months back, and it seemed my only two options were either to leave it alone or surgery, which was not an option at this time. I am so happy I found this oil. I mixed it in a roller with a carrier of organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and applied very liberally for about two weeks. Within a week, a few friends told me they thought it had gotten smaller. And just this past weekend, I woke up and my lump is gone! It is still a little puffy around where it was located, so I am going to keep applying until I feel it's fully gone and minimize my risk of it returning. I did experience a little aching every now and then, but maybe this was the cyst draining. It was totally bearable, I would say 110% worth it. Thank you so much, I am amazed and will be purchasing additional oils in the future. - Stacy
25. I developed a firm, pea-sized bump near my iliac crest/hip area. My Integrative physician told me that although it was in an unusual area, it was indeed a ganglion cyst. She recommended acupuncture or castor oil/Himalayan salt on a cotton pad with gentle heat. Tried the castor oil remedy for a couple of days, but nothing much (if any) changed at all. I searched online for ganglion cyst ideas and instantly found a connection to Hopewell EO and their Assist blend. My order came quickly, and I diluted the blend as directed and applied with roller-ball applicator twice a day. Within days the cyst was softer and lessening in size. At 2 weeks it was effectively gone! Worked wonders! - Karen
26. I was very skeptical. I was pursing the Hopewell website one night reading different articles and saw the Assist blend, which described what I had on my wrist exactly. It was a hard little pea-sized knot. So I skeptically ordered the Assist blend. IT FIXED IT!!! I am a true believer now. Thank you, thank you! - Shari
27. I have had a ganglion cyst for a long time and tried all different methods. The only one that somewhat worked was putting a wrist brace on (which was very uncomfortable). I purchased HEO's Assist blend and my cyst is really getting smaller. I can't believe it! Thank you so much to Linda and her family/crew! - Sara
28. I love Assist! I use it often when I have muscle pain in my right forearm from using my computer mouse or phone too long. About 5 minutes after I apply it the pain is gone! - Mary Anne
29. I just wanted to report again on Assist! On Tuesday evening my knee started bothering me. It hurt to walk, but I could. It really hurt when I straightened it from sitting. As I have not only inflammatory arthritis but some osteo as well, I figured it was that. I tried several pain blends I have (Fire Power, Pain Arrest, Pain-X and Resolve) that night and Wednesday, but nothing seemed to help. Today I went to my Chiropractor for a weekly visit due to some neck issues and mentioned my knee. He examined it and said it was my meniscus, which I had injured a few years ago. He said that I had slightly retorn it. When I got home I was trying to find something to help with the pain and pulled out the Assist blend. I thought: "Might as well try it!" And within 10 minutes the pain was greatly diminished! I have been using it all day, and now it hardly hurts at all! I looked up the ingredients and found that the Lemongrass in it is good for torn ligaments! Well...who knew!!!??? - Mary Ann
30. My first blend! And I can tell you it worked amazingly! Highly recommend Hopewell Oil blends. I diluted the blend with 5% essential oil in a roll-on applicator and applied twice a day. I noticed a "softening" of the cyst in perhaps 5-7 days, a notable decrease in size by 14 days. My integrative doctor was amazed as well. Give it a try! - Karen
31. I made their Assist recipe for a friend and it worked for her cyst! I was skeptical at first, but with everyday application her cyst went away. She applied it 3x daily for one month and a half. - Darling
32. I used this blend very successfully for my ganglion cyst. - Cristi
33. I purchased Assist for a ganglion cyst (and it worked!), then I injured my knee and remembered a testimony I'd read on the Assist detail page, so I tried it on my injured knee. The relief and improvment was almost immediate. I continued to apply as I felt I should, and the injury resolved in a matter of days. - Hank
34. I purchased a bottle of the Assist blend from your website even though I have NEVER used EO. But when a doctor told me my only option was surgery, I thought I'd give it a chance. I used the EO blend for 3 days, morning and night, and the lump and pain was gone!! It's been a week since I have applied any EO and it is still gone and painfree. - Brandi
Lemongrass and Dermal Use:
Lemongrass is considered non-toxic, but it may cause skin irritation for some because it contains Citral, which is a strong sensitizer. Avoid use on broken skin. Robert Tisserand reported at a Clinical Safety Aromatherapy conference (2013) that there is a possibility that Citral (in Lemongrass) may affect tooth and bone development in the fetus.* Tisserand's recommend dilution for topical use is 4 drops per fluid ounce (0.7%). Use caution with infants and children.
Lemongrass and Antibiotics: Contraindicated by all routes in significant amounts. Dr. Valnet writes that oils high in aldehydes, such as Lemongrass, can "inactivate antibiotics and so limit their use in ointment form." Tisserand does not mention this caution in the 2014 edition of his Essential Oil Safety book.
Lemongrass and Pregnancy: Tisserand suggests the use of Lemongrass to be restricted to 0.5% maximum topically during pregnancy due to citral which could affect fetal development in high topical doses. "Citral impairs reproductive performance in female rats by reducing the number of ovarian follicles (Toaff et al 1979). The effect, however, was seen only after a series of six monthly ip injections at a dose of 300 mg/kg. This is equivalent to injecting ~ 25mL of lemongrass oil into a woman's abdomen. Based on other research, we have restricted citral exposure in pregnancy" (Tisserand, page 149).
Lemongrass and Antidepressants: There are some that feel that oils high in citral should be avoided with antidepressants (specifically Bupropion) that inhibits CYP2B6 enzyme. Tisserand states that this risk is considered "theroretical" based on the research.
Lemongrass and Diabetes medication: Use with caution orally.
Oregano Dermal Caution: Oregano can cause irritation of skin and mucus membranes if not appropriately diluted. According to Tisserand/Young, maximum dermal use level is 1.1% (Tisserand page 376).
Oregano Oral Caution: Diabetic medication, anticoagulant medication, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia and other bleeding disorders (Tisserand page 376).
Oregano Contraindications (all routes): Pregnancy and nursing (Tisserand page 376). "An essential oil consisting of 93.9% carvacrol [the key component of Oregano] was given orally to pregnant rats during gestational days 0-15 at doses of 100, 500, or 1,000ppm. There were no signs of maternal toxicity or teratogenicity at any dose, and in the two higher dose groups there was a significant increase in the number of implantation and live fetuses, a positive outcome." - From Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand, page 376.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.