Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Gentle Joy essential oil blend may support, aid, ease, soothe, reduce, calm, relax, promote and/or maintain healthy function of the following:
Fever, minor due to colds
Skin, diaper rash, hives, poison ivy rash
See our Babies and Children page for more information about using essential oils with young children.
Application Suggestions (See Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart.)
Topical: Dilute with a carrier oil, unscented lotion or unscented cream and apply on area of concern or as desired. Consider using a roll-on applicator for ease of application of prediluted oil. For ear issues, dilute with a carrier oil and massage around the ear area, down the neck and across the cheekbone unless using on a child who might then rub the oil into the eyes. Put a few drops of oil on a cotton ball and plug the ear with it. Never drop essential oils directly into the ear!
Inhalation: Diffuse or use a personal Nasal Inhaler
1. I got the Gentle Joy blend from you for the baby. She still seemed to have a lingering infection in one ear after two rounds of antibiotics, so I was sure that when she got the crud that she would land back in the pedi’s office. But, I had been daily treating her ear that seemed to bother her with the ear remedy for two weeks prior. She did get sick and ran a good fever, so I took her in suspecting the ears again. The ear I had been treating was totally clear. The other was red, but not bad, so no drugs needed. Needless to say, I’ve been treating her other ear, too, now. But, I was totally shocked that that bad ear was so improved even when she had miserable drainage. She’s fine now. - M.B.
2. This blend works very quickly to alleviate earaches. It's very mild in aroma, but works great! - E.S.
3. My ear had been aching for hours before I tried this blend. I followed the directions and put some on a cotton ball and placed it in my ear. Within minutes, my ear stopped aching and I felt so much better. This is an incredible blend! - E.B.S.
4. Gentle Joy is such a soothing blend and helped my baby with cradle cap. I applied it with a generous amount of virgin coconut oil as the carrier and put a baby cap on to hold it there while she slept. After a couple of days of 3x day application, it was all cleared up, and she smelled beautiful :). - Casey
5. I want to share with you my experience with your Gentle Joy blend. I've been having trouble with one ear. It sounds like I'm under water, sometimes it's just a crackling noise, and sometimes it's so bad that I hate being around myself because of the water sound along with what sounds like my heart beat. Now I know why they call it the ear drum. It sure sounded like a drum pounding. I went to an ear, nose and throat Dr., and they told me to try Sudafed for a week. The doctor also made a recommendation to put a tube in the ear, just like they do for the children. I didn't see that as an option. Unfortunately, I went through the whole box of Sudafed before I thought to try your Gentle Joy blend. I remembered that I had ordered some of the earache oil, but I was thinking that I don't have a infection, but I was desperate, so I rubbed some oil around the ear and then put a heating pack on it. There wasn't much of a difference, so this morning I did it again, but I also soaked a cotton ball and plugged the ear. Praise the Lord, I haven't taken any more Sudafed, and my ear is doing fine. I'm very happy with the results of the earache oil. I will continue it for a couple of days and see what happens. I think any one who has children should have a bottle of this oil in their medicine cabinet. Thanks for all you do to being the hands upon the earth that the Lord can use to bring forth his healing. All glory and praise to our Lord Jesus. God Bless you - B. P.
6. I have chronic ear issues that have caused severe hearing loss. The Gentle Joy has made a difference in the way the ear feels. It even drained last night, which it only does after heavy doses of psudafedarine HCL. My ear (which has a tube in it) has never drained properly and never felt right in the last 10 years. This morning is the third day I have used Lavender (a drop under the tongue for allergies) and the second night for using the Gentle Joy blend before going to bed. My ear this morning popped and drained, and for the first time in a long time my ear feels comfortable. I don't even have a cotton ball in it. God had been blessing me with the gift of healing. - John B.
7. My sister lives next door to me, and she started to have trouble with her ear. I gave her some of the Gentle Joy. She used it once or twice, returned it and borrowed it again a few days later very desperate. She came over last night to return the bottle again telling me that finally, her ear was well. She realizes that if she had used it a few weeks ago for a least 3 days, she would have had relief back then. I told her to keep the bottle, I just got a new one. Some oils, you just don't want to be with out. - Barbara P.
8. Gentle Joy helped us when our baby got thrush. I used 2 drops in 1oz virgin coconut oil and swabbed her mouth everytime she nursed. She was doing better within 6 hours. - Carley
The Block Massage for Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections
Massage Lymph Nodes - ease swelling and assist the release of antibodies that fight off infection
Massage the Head - encourage lymph fluid to drain
Massage the Neck - encourage lymph fluid to drain
Massage the Thoracic Area - encourage lymph fluid to drain
Build a Strong Immune System - avoid antibiotics
Good Nutrition - organic, no preservatives, artificial colors or flavorings, antibiotics, hormones
Gentle Joy Ear-Massage Oil
1 drop Gentle Joy essential oil blend
1 TB Carrier oil such as Almond, Avocado, Coconut, Jojoba, Olive
- Mix together and dip fingertips into it. Gently massage around the ear and down the neck and jawline.
- Apply heat (a small cloth bag of rice works very well) as a warm compress over the ear.
Increasing pain that lasts longer than 48 hours or uncontrolled fever may indicate a bacterial infection. You may need to consult your Health Care provider.
NEVER put essential oils into the ear canal. Only use on the outer ear or on a cotton ball placed in the ear.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil.” We are not aware of a case where essential oil in the eyes caused permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014.