pH Balance: I have found that many times headaches and migraines come on when our bodies are acidic. You might want to get some pH strips to just test this out or consider what you’ve been eating or not eating in the hours that led up to the headache. Raw fruits are generally alkalizing, whereas meats are acidic.
Hydration!! Be sure to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of filtered water daily. Adding a fresh-squeezed citrus to each glass of water will help to alkalize the water and also help the body to flush toxins. The best way I know to be sure this happens is to figure out the amount of water your body needs and set it out first thing in the morning in glass quart jars or pints. By the end of the day you will be able to see if you are drinking enough or not. This is very simple and has proven to solve a lot of health issues.
The Migraine Tonic alkalizes the body, which has helped a number of people eliminate migraines altogether. Drink the tonic every morning for prevention or when you feel a migraine coming on.
Migraine Tonic (Drink daily)
1 TB Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (organic, raw, unfiltered)
1 TB Local Raw Honey (if local honey is not available, use raw - unprocessed)
1 Cup filtered Water
Essential Oils Suitable for Children and those with sensitive skin (Worwood)
Use any of the above as single oil or as a blend. Dilute appropriately and use as a gentle, soothing back massage.
PubMed article: Effect of Peppermint and Eucalyptus oil preparations on neurophysiological and experimental algesimetric headache parameters.
Click here for the article
1. Your Migraine Relief blend really works well for my severe migraines. I just rub a couple of drops on the area of my head that is aching, and within minutes the pain subsides or disappears altogether. I don’t go anywhere without this blend.
2. Migraines seem to be hereditary in our family, even in children. They are usually very severe, with the need for complete silence and darkness. Vomiting is common, too. I was hesitant to try the oils because I thought the smell would bother me, but I finally decided to give it a try one evening as I felt the beginning of a migraine and nausea. I put a couple drops of Eucalyptus globulus, Peppermint and Lemon on my A/C filter. Amazingly, I felt very relaxed and just fell asleep. I slept so soundly that I didn’t wake up until morning, and I felt very refreshed and just fine! I have kept applying these oils to my air filter, and I’ve not had another migraine and all our allergy symptoms have vanished as well.
3. I discovered that my migraines were caused by blood pressure issues and Circulation applied to neck, heart area and wrists not only brought the blood pressure into balance, but my migraines disappeared too.
4. I have seldom had migraines in my life, but when I did, the only oil that would touch it was Pain-X. The most effective way to use it when I was so sick and could hardly stand,was to rub Pain-X all over my head and get in the shower, which really seemed to drive the oil in. I'd get out of the shower free of pain!
5. I believe that migraines are caused by lack of oxygen, so I use Frankincense to facilitate increase oxygen in my brain. I also know for a fact that Linda is right about water. Hydration may the the single most important component in the cure.
6. Magnesium deficiency may be a key factor in frequent bouts of migraines.
7. I banished my migraines by putting Peppermint on my temples. This does tend to seep into the eyes and they water and may burn a bit, but there is no damage done. I also apply Cypress to my brain stem. These two oils work wonders for me.
8. I used to put Peppermint on my temples for my migraines, but found that taking a drop or two diluted in capsules works far better. The first capsule doesn’t always completely wipe it out, but a second one in ½ hour does.
9. I have taken Advil for years due to migraine headaches. Today my boss asked me to try your Migraine Relief blend. After 3 days of battling a migraine, my headache was gone in just a moment. - L.M.B.
10. Casey shared her personal Tips about Migraines:
If the migraine/headache is most prominent in the:
Front = digestive issue
Side = gallbladder / liver issue
Top = liver / high blood pressure
Back = kidneys
11. Migraine troubles typically originate from neck problems, hormones or simply dehydration (drink more filtered water). In my practice I've found this protocal to work well:
1 drop Lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) twice daily for 3 weeks on the tongue.
Then take a drop on the tongue when the migraine is coming on.
It's not as tasty as Peppermint, but even though the taste is bitter, the results are that 7 out of 8-10 people have very rapid and positive response. The two who don't are typically using strong medication. Inhaltion and massage don't have near the rapid response. Those who have found this helpful carry a tiny bottle in their pocket. - Michel V.
12. I made an inhalation blend of Lavender, Mandarin or Tangerine, Roman Chamomile and Sandalwood. This works very well for me. Sometimes I add a little Peppermint.
13. I have had success with the Migraine Relief for migraines whereas Peppermint and Headache Relief didn't work for me. I simply put it on the temples, back of the neck and breathe it in. I have also used it in the tub, which is amazing! I just have to catch it in the early stages. On a camping trip a few weekends ago, someone mentioned Quercetin for headaches. I don't know much about it and haven't checked that out yet :-) - Lora S.
14. I used Headache Relief and for the first time ever for a migraine that it didn't turn into a full blown migraine. It stayed at a dull ache instead, which is a HUGE improvement. Nothing I have taken has ever helped that much. I rubbed it on my temples, behind my ears and at the back of my neck every few hours. - Angel
15. For a headache/migraine, this works: Submerge your feet and hands in hot/warm water and put a bag of frozen peas at the base of your skull. The heat on your extremities pulls the blood from your head relieving some/all of your headache.This technique worked for reducing lymph gland swelling on the back of the neck for a family member. - Helen
16. The other day I had a migraine and wondered what I had that I could use for it. I used a drop of Palo Santo and Frankincense with some Jojoba oil and applied it on my temples. It took a little time, but was gone!! - Bobbie
17. Headache Relief was a miracle for my migraines. I still end up with a dull headache, but that is so much better than a full blown migraine. Nothing else will stop migraines for me. - Angelina
18. My husband has been a migraine headache sufferer for years. He doesn't get them near as often now as he used to, but he did get one early yesterday morning. When I woke up to get ready for church, he told me about it. I got up and made him a blend of Headache Relief, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Basil and Lemon oils. These were all ones listed in a blend sold by another company for migraines so I used what I had to create my own blend. I hoped the Peppermint and Lemon would drown out the Tea Tree and Basil smells, but of course, you all know that didn't happen. He was a little turned off by the stronger smell, but he let me apply it to his temples, forehead, back of neck, thumbs and big toes - and he even inhaled it after each application. He continued to do this and rest in a dark room while the rest of the family went to church and lunch at my sister's house, and when we came home, his migraine was pretty much gone. I probably don't have to tell any other migraine sufferers that this is not the usual course of events. Most of his migraines would involve nausea, vomiting and being down for 2 days and struggling for more than that. Thank you HEO for letting God bless us through you! - Barb
PS I honestly don't remember the exact ratio but I will guess... using an HEO roll-on applicator that was already about half full with a 50/50 combination of grapeseed oil (any carrier oil you have is fine) and Headache Relief, I added in equal parts the other 4 oils (Lemon, Tea Tree, Peppermint and Basil). He rolled it on the areas I mentioned probably about every 2 hours on average. Basically he used it whenever he woke up and felt like he needed it. Hope this helps!
19. I nursed my migraine today with some essential oil mixture I concocted myself for pain and hormone balance, then drank the migraine tonic, then drank valerian tea and followed up with a dose of magnesium. Migraine gone! Thank you dear God! - Debra
20. The Lord used an herb combo called Migraine Defense to heal me of endometriosis. Sixteen years of migraines and infertility from endometriosis....healed! Five pregnancies and three living babies! All glory to God!!!! - Marilyn
21. I was very hesitant to try Headache Relief for my migraines. I assumed that it would not work since conventional medicine does not work. I recently gave it a try, and much to my surprise it stopped my "aura" within 25 minutes and never turned into a full blown migraine. Thank you so much! - April
22. This sounds silly, but eating about 15 raw almonds is known to help with bad headaches. Apparently there is a compound found in almonds that acts like a pain reliever. - Satin.
23. Headache Relief is great for migraines, which I get severely (the kind where you vomit and can't stand light, etc). It *truly* works. I had to reapply every 2 hours, but it was very effective. I apply it on my forehead, temples and under my nose. It works literally within 1 minute. 1 minute! It's amazing stuff. I have Imitrex injections for when the migraine is intractable, but I can't remember the last time I had to resort to that, which is a massive improvement. Before, I was using 2-3 injections a month. - Ami
24. I take about 800mg of magnesium to keep migraines away (even when pregnant). PubMed article - Sheri
25. I have suffered with migraines since 1970 when my first child was born (spinal shot). But I have not had one for 75 days. A friend prayed over me (in Mexican) specifically for the migraines. They lessened. Now as I look back the only thing I did differently was take a couple of drops of PEPPERMINT in a teaspoon of water every night before bed for acid reflux. Maybe the peppermint helped, but I also think it was the prayer that made me think to take it. At any rate, it has been heaven not to have them every couple of weeks. I love your peppermint. - Bobbi
26. Check your magnesium levels. Mine were really low, and once I brought them up, my migraines almost went completely away. I now only get them after high stress situations. - Sheri
27. Ah! So I just received my package of "just for fun" oils. Freedom was one of the ones that was suggested, and as it happened, I was beginning to get one of those funky headaches that nothing but ibuprofen helps. My teeth were even starting to hurt I used 3 drops of FCO and 3 drops of Freedom (I meant to use 1), and rubbed the back of my neck, my temples, then cupped my hands over my nose to breathe for a couple of minutes... Totally gone. I'm one of those that has trouble finding an EO for headaches, so to have one that works for a crazy bad headache is fabulous! - Theresa
28. I combined Eucalyptus dives, Bergamot and Spike Lavender for an amazing blend for migraines. I put in an inhaler, diffuse and also dilute and apply topically. - Denni
29. I accidentally stumbled upon a combination that has helped me and others with migraines: Frankincense, Palo Santo with a touch of Peppermint. - Joyce
30. I first began using Hopewell Oils when I was 70 and am now 75. I owe much of my health to them. For years I have suffered with migraine headaches. Peppermint USA rubbed on my temples and a drop on roof of my mouth at early onset have removed my headaches. If I don't catch it early and the pain continues, I just do 1 or 2 more applications and the pain is gone. What's more, the frequency of the headaches has dropped from often to only very occasionally!! Praise God for this miracle oil. Living in Maui, I often get hives from various fruits and lots of bug bites, and Peppermint is excellent for calming my itchy skin. - Kalinda
31. I have tried dozens of oils and blends to help my migraines, but none have worked. Today I had a terrible one, so I put a drop each of Peppermint, Lavender, Rosemary and Eucalyptus in my hand. I rubbed this mix on my temples and on the back of my neck from ear to ear. I know I should have diluted them, but I was desperate. Not only did this actually rid me of my headache (which I had had for five or six hours already), but I am not suffering my usual migraine hangover - the unpleasant after effects that generally last the rest of the day. I am very hopeful that this will solve my migraine problem. - Heather
[HEO'S Comment: Sounds like a nice blend, and would likely work as well appropriately diluted into a roll-on applicator to avoid risk of skin irritation.]
32. I've used Peppermint, Lavender and Lemon for migraines. I apply the oil to my palms, then my temples and back of neck from ear to ear. Then I apply an ice pack to my head and a heating pad to my feet and lie horizontal in a dark room. This works better than any prescription migraine medication I've ever tried. (My migraines were way less severe and frequent after I quit taking birth control pills and when I don't overdo caffeine.) - Heidi
Schnaubelt, Kurt (2013-07-23), Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils, North Atlantic Books, Kindle Edition.
Worwood, Valerie Ann, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, New World Library, 2016, pages 160-161.