Nail Fungus / Onychomycosis
One thing to consider is that you are not just "killing" the existing topical fungus (nails, skin, vagina, mouth etc.), your goal is to inhibit growth of the fungus in tissue that has grown that day during treatment. The growing cells must incorporate some of what is being applied, right into the cell, so that particular cell will no longer be susceptible to the fungus. The natural shedding of old cells and the growing of new, unaffected cells will take place only if you consistently apply treatment twice daily (morning and night). Typically the dead cells will darken to black or dark brown and may look unsightly as this process takes place.
If a single application is missed, any tissue that grew that day will be susceptible, and the treatment may have to start all over. Resources say that it takes 4 weeks to replace your skin, so if you stop treatment of any skin fungus before 6 weeks, the problem may recur. It tmay take 6 months to grow an new toe nail, so if the treatment is stopped less than a month after the nail looks normal, the problem will likely recur. Fungi abhors an acid environment. The normal colon contents are very acid which is what normally protects us from having Candida issues.
So, keep in mind that the toenail will have to grow the infected nail off the body. If treatment is missed for even one single time, the nail that grew that day may not be resistant to the fungus, and the fungus can infect the new growth. You must inhibit it from attaching itself to the new growth. Likely, the treatment time starts all over when you miss a treatment.
The protocol for a toenail fungus should be:
Apply a couple drops essential oil at the growing base of the affected nail every morning and night, and within a few months, a normal nail should begin to show at the base of the nail. As stated above, typically the dead cells will darken and may look unsightly as this process takes place.
1. My son had a nail fungus on his big toe for years. We started putting undiluted IMMUNITION on his toe morning and evening, and it cleared right up.
2. I took CLEANSING internally for other fungus issues, and my nail fungus cleared up as well.
3. I used OREGANO, CINNAMON and HELICHRYSUM BLEND in rotation on my nail fungus with great results.
4. My brother had a fungus under one of his big toenails for 25 years. I gave him a bottle of FRANKINCENSE, and he put a drop at the base of his toenail every morning and evening. The toenail grew out healthy from the root, and the infected part is almost gone. One thing I've heard and stress to him is that you can't miss even one application or you allow the fungus to start over. Consistency is key.
5. I run a massage clinic and have several clients who have good success by using CLOVE and CLEANSING on ugly nails. These oils are also nice when blended with a massage oil and rubbed on the bottoms of their feet to alleviate itching that is related to athlete's feet, which is also a fungal issue. The thing that needs to be stressed is for the person to be consistent, and to continue treatment for a while after the symptoms disappear.
6. My sister had to have her big toenail removed twice because of a nasty fungus. I suggested that she try CLOVE oil, and after 30 years of this plague, she was free of the beastly fungus.
7. I have used CLEANSING for infections before, but it dawned on me that I should use the oils to attack an advanced stage of toenail fungus I'd been battling for over 10 years. I used CLEANSING, LEMONGRASS and just TEA TREE morning and evening on the four badly infected toes. They were itchy and very uncomfortable because ⅔ of the nail had partially dislocated from the nail bed. The fungus stopped in its tracks as did the itchy sensation. By the time the nail grew out, the fungus is totally gone - not a sign if it.
8. I killed the nail fungus! I used TEA TREE with grapefruit seed extract in a base of 70% fractionated coconut oil. I added 70 drops Tea Tree and 30 drops of GSE to a 1oz bottle, and topped it off with fractionated coconut oil. I used a rubber bulb/glass pipette to apply to the affected area. I felt was imperative to trim away as much of the infected nail as possible. I scraped out as much of the dead skin and infected nail bed as tolerable. I also disinfected my stockings, socks and shoes - anything that comes in contact with the fungus. I used a toothpick to gently work the oil blend under the nail into hard to reach areas. I followed the suggestion above and applied this every morning and evening without fail! I kept it up until there was not a sign of the infected nail, and then I kept it up a while just to be sure. I’d put too much into it to have it come back! - Judy
9. The nail fungus essential oil treatment is amazing! I used TEA TREE, LEMONGRASS, CLOVE, LAVENDER and TAMANU (equal parts), and I am already seeing healthy nail growth. I even passed on your site information to my dad and brother, as both have the same kind of thing going on. My husband even likes the smell of the oils as opposed to an OTC nail lacquer treatment. I am glad I stumbled onto your website! - Jessie
10. My husband's toe fungus is getting better every day. He's been consistently putting a blend of TEA TREE, LEMONGRASS, CLOVE, LAVENDER and TAMANU (equal parts) on twice a day. - Patti
11. Just wanted to let you know that my daughter just told me that the nail fungus blend of TEA TREE, LEMONGRASS, CLOVE, LAVENDER and TAMANU (equal parts) is the only thing she has ever used that even begins to clear this up for her. :-) - Faith