Fractionated Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Catnip (Nepeta cataria), Eucalyptus globulus, May Chang (Litsea cubeba), Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia)
Available without carrier. Select NO Carrier under Size/Price.
Ready-to-Use Formula - 10% Dilution (unless you select EOs only)
Children? For very young children, we spray into our palms, gently distribute the oil between the palms and then pat our hands on the child's clothing, touching the skin gently so that the aroma is applied, yet the skin and clothing are not oily.
[Note: Because we are not interested in submitting this blend to the EPA for approval, we cannot call it a mosquito “repellent”.]
This natural blend is the most effective anti-bug blend we’ve ever used. Many anti-bug blends include DEET, which has been shown to be toxic to some people. [Info on DEET] Also, most natural blends smell heavily of citronella, which is not always desirable. This blend has a mild vanilla scent and is very pleasant to use. The anecdotal testimonies below mention that this blend is useful for biting gnats, biting flies, mosquitoes and chiggars. Some report this is an effective tick deterrent when they add 2mL Geranium to 1oz No Bites!
Application Suggestions (see Essential Oil Usage):
Spray into palms and apply topically as desired. It can be used sparingly with good results (your skin does not need to be oily). For very young children, we spray into our palms, gently distribute the oil between the palms and then pat our hands on the child's clothing, touching the skin gently so that the aroma is applied, yet the skin and clothing are not oily. We follow this same method to apply to our clothing to discourage 'creepy crawlers' from wanting to get near us, such as at the ankles on jeans and cuffs and collars on sleeves. See testimony #42 for a diffuser blend.
1. I love this blend. I want to buy it in 4oz bottles. Whenever we are outside, I spray myself and children with No Bites!, and without fail someone will come up to me and want to know what that wonderful smell is. They are amazed that bug repellent can actually smell so good. I'm telling everyone about it, so be prepared! :-)
2. My husband and son used this blend in the Amazon. We added just a little bit more Citronella for good measure, but they said it worked great. I highly recommend this blend.
3. We use No Bites! as an insect repellent on our farm animals. We use 8oz No Bites! + 1 gallon Mineral Oil (purchased at the local farm store). Mix together well and pour into a spray bottle. This works great and smells good too!
4. We live in SW Colorado where the mosquitoes, gnats and flies are terrible, but your No Bites! blend is great, and we are so thankful that we don't have to walk around smelling like bug repellent. - Judy
5. We went to a concert in the park near our house last night and used No Bites! for the first time. It smelled way better than other bug sprays and worked really well. - Bobbie W.
6. We used the No Bites! the other night at a fellowship by the river. Some of our friends were bitten by mosquitoes before the No Bites! was passed to them. I carry a sample bottle of Peppermint in my pocket at all times, so I offered to put a drop on each bite, and in an hour, they were excited to point out to me that the bites had vanished. (The sooner the oil is applied, the faster it disappears.) At the end of the event, many who had used the No Bites! came to me astonished that they didn't get a single mosquito bite. - L.S.
7. I Love the "No Bites!" blend. I worked in the garden, and they came near me but not on me! Great stuff. I'm getting more for my boys who are going on a week-long camping trip. - Gretchen
8. No Bites! really does work! The girls and I been through wooded and weeded areas and no bites for all 3 of us! Feels great to enjoy the outdoors again (even though its HOT here in Texas) The Sunny Day spray works great too, love them both!! - Sheri
9. No Bites! is wonderful. We forgot it one time and stopped and bought some regular insect repellant. Not only was it "unnatural" of course, but it also did not work as well! - Christy
10. I've actually just gotten back from a three day camping trip where we used No Bites!, and it works great for the mosquitoes, however our gnats and the noseim's (not sure on the spelling of them) still ate us alive and their bites are by far worse than our mosquito's that are still harsh. My dad loved the No Bites! while he came up to fish last year for the mosquito's, and said he was going to order some before he went to China. I'm not sure if he got around to it in the week before he left or not though. - Athina in Eagle River, Alaska
11. We used No Bites! last night for the first time on the whole family during the fireworks... happy to report that we were the ONLY ones that didn't get bit! We also smelled great too I will be sure to pack it for vacation! - Nicole
12. No Bites! works well, but in thick buggy situations, coverage needs to be complete. We took an evening walk on the beach last summer, and I got several bites right along my shoulder straps where I'd missed. Recently, I liberally applied No Bites! before going to a very mosquito-dense place (having been warned) and didn't get a single bite. The mosquitoes were literally bouncing off of me. The day before, I was out in the heat of the day, no bug protection, and got three bites in short order. - Helen
13. Recently I got the first case of athletes feet I could remember in decades. I'd been traveling . . . It was big and raw between two toes. I washed it, swabbed hydrogen peroxide on it and then sprayed what I had on it---No Bites---for two days. Gone! - Steve
14. I had a bad fall this winter and hit my head hard, tearing the flesh on my temple. I applied No Bites! to the wound and it healed all up very well. - Steve
15. My family went to a neighbor's place to help build a chicken run, and I applied No Bites! to myself and our youngest child (age 10). None of the others felt the need to apply it, as there didn't seem to be a mosquito issue. What we didn't realize was that the place was loaded with chiggers! The only ones who didn't have chigger bites was our youngest child and myself. I didn't expect No Bites! to be effective against chiggers, but after seeing how bad the chigger bites were on the others, I'm convinced it protected the two of us. Whew! - Linda
16. I LOVE No Bites! My family has used it for several seasons. It is the best smelling bug spray I have ever used! My children love it! - RaShell
17. I recently purchased No Bites! and used it on my son today when we were at the park for a few hours. We didn't have a single bite. - Emily
18. I've got a funny story with your No Bites! bug spray. I just got it this week in the mail, and working all day I only have the evenings to work in the garden and flower beds. This stuff works great! Tonight I picked up my cat for some cuddle time while outside, and he went crazy licking my face and arms. He must have smelled the catnip in the spray. He has never licked me like that before. My daughter had to try it out, so she went and put some No Bites! on herself and then held the cat. He started licking her all over too! We got a good laugh and he got his catnip fix!!! - Sandy
19. No Bites! is effective even on the bayou in Louisiana! - Mary
20. It's getting to be that buggy time of year. We love the No Bites! blend. It really works well. We live in a tick area though, so we pump up the efficacy by adding a dollop of tick-repelling Geranium to our spray. Just sharing for someone else to enjoy! - Courtney
21. I have been using No Bites! for a couple of years and have never had a problem with it attracting bees (as someone asked) or sunburn (it is not phototoxic). I use it when I work in my garden and when landscaping, and it works great. - Jane
22. Our red heeler dogs have trouble in the summer with flies and bite their ears to the point of bleeding. We have tried all kinds of remedies through the years. Last summer we started spraying No Bites! on the ears, and we had no flies for several hours! We just reapply as needed. Plus, it has such a nice fragrance. NOTHING has been as effective! No Bites! is also our choice for mosquito repellent for our family. It is great! Thank you!! - Diane
23. The biting gnats are horrible here in the South. We were shocked to lose several chickens today to them, and several more don't look very well. We used what we had left of No Bites. After I ran out, I filled the spray bottle with water and kept spraying. We aimed for at least one good squirt on each chicken, ranging from just a few weeks to 2 1/2 years old. The coop was absolutely swarming with them. I am so grateful that it seemed to work instantly. From what we can see the coop is free of gnats and the girls (and 2 guys) are now sleeping and still. We put some on our arms and faces while working because they were stinging our eyes and ears. We are very grateful for you guys and Hopewell. Praise God! - Mary
24. No Bites! continues to amaze! You can watch flies, mosquitoes, and gnats fly up to us and then literally turn in mid-air to get away once they smell the spray! AMAZING!! :) - Cynthia
25. Can I just say how wonderful this product is? Ha! No, I can't! It requires me to elaborate! I bought a small spray bottle to try and recently took it with me on a trip to Brazil. You may have heard of some diseases spread by mosquitoes there, namely dengue fever and most recently, Zika. In southern Brazil I found out there were a lot of mosquitoes! After some initial bites, I quickly remembered to apply No Bites! before going outside. The scent is pleasant but not overwhelming. And IT WORKS! I actually watched one mosquito hover up and down my bare leg until it finally settled harmlessly on my shoe. No Bites! A few people sitting near me one evening noticed that it even kept the mosquitoes away from them! And it is extremely economical to use. One spray for BOTH of my legs and one spray for my arms and neck. I can happily report that when I used No Bites! I didn't get bit even once. My little bottle is almost empty so I am going to order more. Here's to a summer of pleasant evenings outdoors and NO BITES! - Diane
26. I bought No Bites for a recent trip to Florida and the Keyes. I wore it every time I went out and never got a bite and never really saw an insect near me. I actually was thinking that maybe the bugs in Florida were not as bad as I'd heard. Then the last night we were there we decided to go to dinner in our hotel. I decided not to apply No Bites as we were not going outside. However, after dinner my husband wanted to stroll in the hotel courtyard and I agreed. The next day my legs were itching so bad that I actually drew blood. I was covered with small bites. Now I can tell you Florida does have bad bugs, but if you use No Bites you will have no bites!!! - Mary Ann
27. We are vacationing in Florida at the beach this week. The biting flies are out in force and many people are complaining that Off and other similar products aren't helping. Thankfully, our No Bites! spray is working wonderfully. We've shared with all of our neighbors and they've all asked where we got this wonderful product. Thanks so much! - Tara
28. Yesterday I was painting some boards outside and mosquitoes were all over my legs. We live in East Texas in high humidity, and the bugs love it here. This was a good time to try the "No Bites" bug spray. Most everything out there does not work very well here. I sprayed it on and not one mosquito landed on me, and I was outside for a good length of time! - Deidre
29. When our house flooded and the biting gnats were so bad, No Bites! is the only thing that kept them away. People would come by our house and use our roll-on applicator with No Bites! and then go to their house. It was amazing! - Stacy
30. I am the 'poster lady' for No Bites! deterring ticks. This blend is fantastic. I live it 'Tickville' USA. They wait like an army at my door, and as soon as I walk out, they say: "Here come Ellen! Forward march!" The only time I have gotten a tick on me was when I didn't use this spray. I add 2mL Geranium to 1oz No Bites!, and honestly, this is the best product I've used. I told Linda she could give you my phone number, and I could give you an earful, but then I reconsidered how many calls I might get! - Ellen
31. In Texas you know everything is bigger! So are the mosquitoes. They love me! BUT as long as I use No Bites, literally I don't get any bites. - Tina
32. We applied No Bites! at the beach the other day, and it kept the biting flies off. I was happy! - Sunny
33. We have been using No Bites! for three years now with great success! I also add the Geranium to the blend as well for ticks. - Sarah
34. I use No Bites! on my whole family! I love it! - Betty
35. We use nothing else! - Ann
36. We applied No Bites! while at Virginia beach the other day, and it kept the biting flies off. They were driving us nuts. I was happy! - Stephanie
37. Y'all, this needs to part of your summer staples! I swell up like a balloon when I get mosquito bites, so this is what I use as an alternative to bug spray. Non-toxic and smells like vanilla, unlike nasty bug spray! It's nice to have this stuff on hand. - Meghan
38. I have a large yard that is full of chiggers every summer 😔. I also have a pond close by that attracts and is ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes. I have had very good success using No Bites! When I’m out feeding the chickens or the other animals and forget to apply the No Bites!, within a day I am covered with chigger and mosquito bites. This is the best mosquito/chigger spray I have ever used, and the aroma is wonderful (not the typical bug-repellent aroma). I am very thankful that I can use a natural product that works as opposed to a toxic product.
39. My daughter used No Bites! on her Haiti last year. Her cousin used the deet repellent. They each only ended up with a couple of bites during the week. - Lynnette
40. I get bit by everything, and with No Bites! I don't get bit. When I go back to Rwanda, I am stocking up and bringing some for others if I can figure out how to do that. Malaria is a real concern, so we want to avoid being bitten in first place if we can. - Dana
41. I ordered the No Bites! without the carrier oil so I could mix my own bottles for our upcoming camping trip where there were lots of mosquitoes. I applied No Bites! right away. My children didn't want to try my No Bites! so they used Off. After a little while my kids came to me saying they were getting bit up by the mosquitoes. At that point I had NO bites, - 0 -, zilch, nada! I told them to try "my" spray. They all did and mosquito bites stopped!!! NO BITES! works!! YEAH!!! Thank you so much for your timely email sharing about No Bites! and for your quality oils and formulas! Blessings to all of you. - Cathy
42. Diffuser Blend: Due to summer heat and rain, the mosquitoes are terrible. One evening we planned an outdoor gathering with our church group, and I was quite concerned about the mosquitoes 'bugging' our guests. Besides getting several bottles of No Bites! for them to pass around, I also mixed up a blend to diffuse (yes outdoors!). Diffuser Blend: 50% Lemongrass, 25% Clove and 25% Cinnamon Bark. I don't recall seeing a single mosquito nor hearing from anyone that they'd been bitten. Relief! Thanks for great products! - Lynn
43. I bought some No Bites! to take on our vacation to TN and SC. We went fishing several times and hung outside whenever I wanted with no bites. I love the smell too! - Geralyn
44. I have been adding a little bit of No Bites! Spray to my bath in the evening. The aroma helps me relax, and I sleep so well after. I have even sprayed a little in my palm and applied a little before bed to help me relax and sleep. I know it sounds funny, but how do you go wrong with the blended aromas of cedar wood, vanilla, ylang yang and coconut oil? I have pretty sensitive skin, and I have not noticed any problems when adding about a 1/2 tsp to my bath. - Lindsay
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat— like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. Tisserand suggests: "With essential oils, fatty oil has been suggested as an appropriate first aid treatment, though the advantage of saline [eyewash] is that the eyes can be continually flushed, and this is less easy with fatty oil.” We are not aware of a case where essential oil in the eyes caused permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014.