Gut Microbiota and Parkinson’s Disease: Connection Made by Science Daily
1. I am in the beginning stages of Parkinson’s disease and have had tremors in my arms all through the day. I started applying Lavender, Strength and Muscle Relax in a little massage oil on my arms every morning, and after about a week, the tremors calmed down. After a month, they disappeared.
2. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s and decided not to take any prescription medications. I didn’t want to smell like Muscle Relax, so I decided to take a few drops in a capsule whenever the tremors affected my handwriting, which is mostly at work (and why I find it easier to take via capsule rather than apply topically). Not long after taking the capsule, the tremors decrease and my handwriting improves. After doing this for a few months, I’m experiencing significant improvement.
3. I am a massage therapist and have a patient with Parkinson’s disease who is finding a lot of relief from a weekly massage of Pain-X with a massage oil massaged on his arms and shoulders.
4. There is a lot of evidence that supplementation with COQ10 in large amounts have worked wonders in those with Parkinson's. Also, there is no known toxicity or overdose limit. I don't think there are any detrimental side effects either, just better dental, cardiovascular and mental health plus more energy! The ubiquinol form is best. This is the one that needs no transformation by the body. It is expensive, but worth it. Any brand that contains the trademark "Kaneka" from Japan is best. - Susan Y.
5. After 4 months on the Wahls diet I am feeling great. All my Parkinson’s disease symptoms are reducing, and some have entirely disappeared. All this is with no change in my medication since October 2011. My medical providers say they have never witnessed anyone with Parkinson’s improve without increasing medication. Increased energy has allowed me to go to the gym for five half-hour sessions weekly. My affected right side is getting stronger to balance the left.
Fatigue - gone/normal
Bowels - normal (though I need a month’s supply of healthy bacteria for my gut in capsule form so that chronic constipation disappeared)
Urinary Frequency - gone/normal
Handwriting - almost normal and improving weekly
Fine Motor Control - recovering
Typing - improving
Sleep Disturbances - minimal
Facial Expressiveness - returning to normal
Voice - getting stronger weekly
6. After reaching the maximum dosage of a prescription medicine for Essential Tremors (Parkinson-like tremors), my mom's tremors were still limiting her movement and her quality of life. Her tremors were so advanced that they were occurring in every part of her body, upper, lower and her voice as well. At the suggestion of a friend, she tried Balance, Vitality and Peaceful, all topically and diffused, in an attempt to control the Parkinson-like tremors. After only a few days, she was encouraged. Now, after two weeks of use, she can walk with a cane rather than her walker--most of the time. There are even times when she is strong enough to walk on her own. She takes daily 5-15 minute walks around the neighborhood with my dad. Each day she goes a bit longer and they come home beaming. They are as cute as can be--my dad is so happy to wrap his arm around his bride of 50+ years as they stroll along. They have even shared a slow fox trot together. Her hand is steadier and she has resumed crocheting and writing. Just today, she hand wrote a letter to a friend. It's been a few years since she could write a letter. She has enjoyed reading again. Her head is still enough that she can see the words on the page without feeling sea sick. Mom uses Vitality in a diffuser in the mornings and late afternoon. It runs for 10 minutes out of every 20 minutes. She uses Peaceful topically. Several times a day, she places it on her sternum, behind her neck and, at bedtime, on the soles of her feet. She also carries a ladies' cotton handkerchief with a few drops of the oil on the corner to inhale. At the same times that she applies Peaceful, she places Balance on the mastoid bone behind her right ear. We tried diffusing Peaceful but found it had a greater effect for her when applied topically. Mom takes two medications: Primidone and Neurotin. She continues to take them while we use the essential oils. I hope someone else's family member receives the same relief my mom has enjoyed. I'm so grateful for the encouragement of our friend who set us on this path. My dad and mom are over the moon. Praise God for this ministry and for His provision. - Pattie
7. I used Vitex on my mother with Parkinsons with great results. I diluted it to 3% (about 30 drops Vitex to an ounce of fractionated Coconut oil) and massaged it on her spine morning and night. Sometimes the grandkids give her a foot massage with it. She loves it :-) - Maggie
8. We have almost totally resolve Tourette's symptoms by using Strength and Vitex. Peaceful is also helpful, but I think the key is Vitex. - Sophie