Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), Orange (Citrus sinensis), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Blue Tansy (Tanecetum annuum), Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), Mandarin Red (Citrus deliciosa) and Frankincense (Boswelia frereana/carterii)
Children? Ylang Ylang has potential skin sensitization issues. Tissernand/Young recommend that the maximum dermal use level be 2.5% of Peaceful blend to avoid these issues.
Pregnancy/Lactation? No known hazards or contraindications when used appropriately.
SPRAY: Peaceful makes a wonderful spray. To make a spray, simply decide on the appropriate dilution ratio, add the number of drops to the spray bottle, and then fill with the carrier oil of your choice. For example, for 2% Peaceful in a 1oz bottle, put 18 drops Peaceful blend in the bottle then fill with carrier oil. We offer cap labels with "Peaceful" printed on them if you'd like to get a couple to identify the bottle.
Peaceful blend is a wonderful oil to diffuse. It is relaxing, eases tension and calming. When massaged on the bottom of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest.
The oils in this blend have historically been used to help reduce depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
Application Suggestion (See Essential Oil Usage and a dilution chart.)
Topical: Dilute 2.5 or less with a carrier oil and apply on wrists, outside of ears, or as desired. Add 8-10 drops to 2 cups Epsom salts, Magnesium Chloride salts or whole milk and add to running bath water. Also consider using as a spray (see instructions above).
Inhalation: Diffuse. Apply a drop or two on the palm, rub palms together and inhale deeply.
Internal: not suggested
1. I purchased this blend for my autism spectrum child, but my husband also likes it. In fact, when we were running low, he urged me to be sure and get more before it ran out. He sleeps so much better when he uses it!
2. Our daughter who has Down Syndrome loves this blend and so do we. Before her bedtime, we put a drop in her palm. She rubs her palms together and then offers to rub them on our cheeks. It's a wonderfully relaxing blend. - Linda
3. We purchased Peaceful for our child with ADD, but discovered that when daddy applies the oil on him at bedtime, daddy doesn't snore! I'm ordering a double-size bottle because everyone in the family loves this blend! - Susan
4. Having just recently purchased my first diffuser I was excited to start trying different oil blends. I purchased Peaceful as my first "non illness" blend. I plugged it in but was really turned off by the smell. I developed a headache within minutes. After turning it off and wondering why on earth I had bought it, I emailed Linda with my issue. She emailed me back stating what a popular blend this was and wondering if my reaction might be due to my body being too acidic. I have run acidic in the past, so I spent the next few days trying to balance myself. I then tried the diffuser again and thoroughly enjoyed it. I realized that it had a strong citrus base that I had not been able to detect the first time. Not only will I be able to enjoy this blend, but I will now be able to use it as an indicator that my body is running acidic. - B.C.
5. My husband and I have been diffusing Peaceful at night and rubbing some on our feet. We have slept incredibly well. My husband doesn't wake up during the night. If I wake up, I go immediately back to sleep. Great stuff! - P.D.
6. Thanks to your "Peaceful" blend, I had the first peaceful night's sleep since marrying my wonderful husband - 20 years ago! From the first night I put "Peaceful" on the soles of his feet, he has stopped snoring. As I laid there, not really expecting anything to change too quickly, I noticed that he wasn't snoring, and to my amazement, he really was actually asleep. I thought I must have been dreaming! LOL Thank you so much. Over the past 20 years, it has usually taken me about 2 hours to fall asleep, but no more! Praise Jesus for giving you the knowledge to put together such a wonderful blend of essential oils so I can now have a peaceful night's sleep. ~ L. R.
7. Our son with Down Syndrome makes a noise from his throat, and since we've been using Peaceful, it has decreased. We apply it to his palms, he rubs them together and then on his face. Then he shares this beautiful aroma with the rest of the family. It is precious!
8. I used Peaceful on my 4-year-old daughter's feet last night, and she was sleepy within 5 minutes! Yay! She usually stays awake until 10:30, so this was awesome, as she was asleep around 9:30! - K.H.
9. My 7-year-old son had begun sleep walking. I have been putting Peaceful on him for the last week, and so far he has stayed in his bed much better! He hasn’t gotten up at 1 in the morning since I have been putting it on him. Praise God!!! Brooke wrote a few days later to say that "he ended up getting up last night, so I guess the best way to say it is that using Peaceful has "greatly reduced" his sleep walking. - Brooke
10. A friend of mine used Peaceful when she was struggling to sleep at night because of restless leg syndrome. She had been on medication for 10 years for this problem She is now off medication and able to sleep at night. By using Peaceful and standing in faith she experienced healing. Praise be to Him. - Rose
11. Earlier this year I went through a severe depression. I put Peaceful on the mastoid bone behind the right ear (I read about this in a book by Carolyn Mein who says you can do this up to 19 times a day.) I prayed while applying, thanking the Lord that I'm alive, and for His grace to overcome. In three days the dark, gripping depression lost its hold on me, and the uncontrollable grief and crying stopped. I no longer need to use Peaceful daily, but if I feel a dip, I apply some peaceful and pray.
12. The first night I used Peaceful (3 nights ago), I went to sleep quickly and slept well. It has been so long since that happened! Insomnia has plagued me off and on since I was a teenager, and even if I do sleep, it takes several hours to finally drop off. Since my hysterectomy six months ago (with the resulting hormonal upheaval) and fighting adrenal fatigue, a good night's sleep was a thing of distant memory. I had occasionally resorted to sleeping pills, but knew that wasn't a good option either. I've tried various supplements to no avail. Then I diffused Peaceful and went to sleep immediately. It was the most amazing thing! It's been really hard to face each day and all my responsibilities sleep-deprived. I feel that I have my life back! - Jeannette
13. I had a 81 year old with edema on one leg that normally suggested oils would not help. Edema often is considered a kidney/heart issue. I was testing her through your selection and Peaceful was very strong. At first I thought hmm....... but then reading the description I realized it would be a good fit as it works on anxiety. Fear/anxiety affects kidney function so bingo....... that was it:) Amazing how God puts things together. I love Peaceful and Serenity! You do such a great job of blending! - Cinda
14. I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed learning to use Heritage Essential Oils. In particular, I have found both Vetiver and your Peaceful blend incredibly helpful for relieving stress and anxiety. When I am feeling overloaded, I simply open one or the other and inhale. Alternating between the oils is even better. After about five or ten minutes of sitting quietly and letting the scents "ground" me, I'm in much better shape and the overwhelmed feeling has subsided. Thank you again for the good work you are doing. It is a blessing! - Jennifer
15. I’ve used both Peaceful and Bones and Joints for my TMJ issues. I apply to both my jaw, neck and bottoms of feet. I think the Peaceful helps me relax and not grind my teeth together, thus keeps the pressure off the joint, and the Bones and Joints may help align my jaw. They both have beautiful aromas!
16. I had a mouthguard that helped my TMJ, but now I use Peaceful around my navel and jaw and don’t need the guard at all anymore.
17. I’m a licensed massage therapist, and love to use your Peaceful on my clients for TMJ. I feel that emotions affect the TMJ point and the ears also play a part. I apply Peaceful in front of the ear and it works wonders.
18. I read an article where Gary Young (Young Living’s founder and CEO) was working on a lady who had severe TMJ. It was so bad that she couldn’t open her jaw.
- He put Frankincense on his hands and massaged her scalp
- He put Oregano on his hands and massaged her scalp
- He put Peaceful on her TMJ joint.
19. I use Peaceful for my over-active daughter. She hated it at first but now she loves it and it really helps her calm down when she's really hyper. - Stacy
20. I used Peaceful, and my anxiety is gone. I'm at peace. Thank you Lord! - Alysha
21. My daughter was a very sweet, compliant child until she had heart surgery. After the surgery, she could be doing some thing as simple as unloading the dishwasher and just throw a cup. Her behavior had become destructive in many ways. Linda suggested Peaceful and that I first apply it when things are going well so that my daughter would associate the aroma with good behavior. Once I felt that I'd established the positive association, I could use it when she flipped to destructive behavior. I saw real improvement!! She did not pitch a fit for the entire 2 weeks since I began using it. The change is incredible!!! - Judy
22. We had a death in the family this past week, and I made sure I did not leave home with out the Peaceful blend. It was such a blessing to have. It really worked on the children and adults. I had people coming up to me with their hand out asking me, "Is this where I can get some of that good smelling oil? Everyone who used it said how helpful it was for their headache and stress." I put a drop or two on their hand and told them to rub their hands together, and then cup their face and breath deep. I also put some of the back of their neck and on the temples. It took the edge off the children that were hurting so badly for the lost of there grandma. My daughter takes Peaceful with her when she is teaching at school; she loves it and the results it has on the children. It really sets the stage for a peaceful day. - Barbara P.
23. Peaceful is awesome. We use it for ADHD in my 13-year-old who has Down Syndrome. I use it for myself as well. But my favorite oil is just straight Frankincense. It does wonders to calm the mind. - Lori
24. I wanted to share how we have used essential oils on our Yorkie, Cocoa. She has always had difficulty riding in the car and would typically throw up. I tried rubbing some Peaceful on her belly before a car ride, and you can visibly see it's effect on her. She is no longer restless and anxious but will lie down on my lap and be very calm. Candice S.
25. My son has RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder), ADHD (impulsive type), ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder), and dyslexia. He is a very bright boy, but the impulsivity is his worst enemy. We are not giving him medicine over the summer because we want him to start working on the self-control now that he is mentally at a stage where he can do so. He also has great difficulty calming down for bed time, and that is a big point of contention EVERY night. So, I purchased Adagio, Peaceful and Vetiver. I immediately put the Peaceful on the soles of his feet for Saturday night. He didn't want to go to bed, but he did so and we had not a peep all night! Last night went good as well. Yesterday, I put the Adagio on him, just a few drops behind the ears and on the back of his neck. It was a super hot day here, and he does not do well with heat (due to a heart condition). He was not overanxious throughout the day. He was not attempting to draw me into arguments. He listened reasonably well with little correction. I believe I have already seen a difference. Time will tell, but I am praying this is a long-awaited answer to prayer for my son. Thank you for the work you do Linda!! - Elaine
UPDATE: He is still doing well today. He had a friend over that he tends to boss around, and there was none of that today. Because they went fishing/swimming in the stream, I reapplied the oil. He doesn't mind it. I explained how nice it would be if instead of taking a pill we only had to rub on a little oil. He likes that idea a lot better. He doesn't seem to be "crawling out of his skin" like he does when he doesn't take meds. (He’s currently only taking 15 mg Adderall XR). - Elaine
26. I LOVE, LOVE the smell of Peaceful! Ahh, it is so relaxing to me! - Satin
27. I've been using Peaceful and Adagio on my daughter who was diagnosed with ADHD in March. We agreed to put her on medication on a trial basis to help during school, which was not a great experience for us or her. We started using EO's about 6 weeks ago. After Bible Camp today while in the car, I was talking to my little one (she is 7 1/2) and asked how it was going. There are so many kids that it was kind of loud, music, singing, a ton going on - translation: A HUGE distraction factor for an ADHD child. She answered: "I didn't even notice I had ADHD Mommy. I think the oils help way more than the medicine ever did" !!!!! Praise The Lord, and thank you Linda for your direction. This has been a blessing truly. This is how we apply the oils: Peaceful in the morning is applied to soles of her feet, to insides of wrists, and ears and I have her take 3 deep sniffs. Adagio in the morning is applied to soles of the feet and over the heart. In the evening we apply it to the soles of her feet, over the heart and under the nose. - Kellee
28. I am in love with HEO! I started having a mini anxiety attack while sitting in the doctor's waiting room, so I rubbed a drop of Peaceful on my wrists. Almost immediately I started calming down :) - Katie
29. I made a spray of Peaceful with filtered water and spray my kid’s beds/blankets every night. It has really seemed to make a difference for both of them! - Darcy
30. We like peaceful on our 5 year old who has fears of going to bed and has "bad dreams". She's getting to the point of asking for it now, so it must be helping. - Sheri
31. So excited about my new oils! I used Peaceful last night and had my first uninterrupted night of sleep in months. I woke up feeling amazing, which never happens for me. I'm so thankful and excited to start using more. :) - Melanie
32.Our two year old does infinitely better sleeping when we use Peaceful at bedtime. - Ricci
33. I placed my order on Monday. Peaceful was one of the oils I ordered, for my daughter, actually. On Thursday I miscarried our fourth child at 8 weeks. I was home alone with my kids and it was a very tragic and sad. I found that Peaceful really did help center my mind, calm my thoughts, and help me relax in the midst of a very stressful time. - Lauren
34. Peaceful is one of our most frequently used oils. All of my kiddos ask for it when they are stressed/anxious/in need of help settling down. - Carissa
35. I have a brain with no off button. I sleep through the night now though with "Peaceful"! I hate when I forget to use it, because then I'm up at least once, if not twice. Peaceful is magical! I want to try Adagio now though with my next order. - Sharon
36. Peaceful smells good! I love to take an epsom salt bath with it. I mix the epsom salt with a 5-7 drops of Peaceful and pour it into the bath water.....Truly "peaceful" :) And there are so many people who use it on the bottoms of their feet for sleep! The great thing about these oils is they "multi-task" like we ladies do!! - Linda
37. I recently ordered the Peaceful sample and mixed it with Jojoba oil. A few nights ago, I rubbed a few drops on the soles of my feet before bed, and then proceeded to lie awake until 2 am. It occurred to me that I had also put some peppermint oil on some chigger bites right before bed, so I attributed my wakefulness to the peppermint oil. So, last night I tried again - I used some Peaceful on my feet, and no peppermint oil. This time, I was awake until 4 am! Miserable. This is highly unusual for me, so I'm pretty certain it is the oil. I am impressed that it is so potent but surprised and a bit confused that it seems to have the exact opposite effect on me from what it is supposed to have. If you have any insights, I would be very interested to hear. - Ellen
Linda's Comment: Using the oils is very individual, and it could be that the beautiful aroma, or even your anticipation of it’s use, may be playing with your sleep. I don't typically have trouble going to sleep, but I have occasionally used Peaceful or Sleepy Time spray, and I lie in bed enjoying the aroma, where if I didn’t use it, I’d probably go right to sleep. I don’t necessarily think it’s the oil that keeps me awake, but that I enjoy the aroma and like the peaceful time to contemplate things and pray etc. In any case, if you feel it’s keeping you awake, then you will probably want to avoid using it at bedtime.
38. I use Ylang Ylang with some Peaceful for my daughter at bedtime, and she is asleep within 5 minutes. It's become a joke at our house. She now tells me not to rub the oil on her until she is laying down because she knows she will go right to sleep. - Donna
39. Just got my Peaceful oil yesterday. I diffused it in the evening and then put some on the bottom of my big toe. I slept very soundly for the first time in a while. Normally I wake up several times a night, but last night I only remember waking up once. Not sure if that is just coincidence, but I'm going to keep using it and see if I continue to sleep well. Thank you!! - Angela
40. I've used both Lavender and Peaceful (on separate occasions) on my schnauzer for fear of thunder, and both have worked quite well. I try to apply it to our dog well before the storm hits because even the change in barometric pressure sends her into a tizzy. - Nikki
41. I wanted to give a "shout out" to HEO Peaceful. I diffused it for 2 hours at bedtime and I had the best nights rest, and my blood pressure was almost in the normal range this morning! It has been very high for a few years so I've been experimenting with different oils to help. I also rubbed Circulation on my wrists and over my heart before bed. Very relaxed girl today. - Mitzi
42. On the day our daughter married, she said she was feeling "nervous," so I applied Peaceful on her feet with coconut oil and also had her put some on her hands to inhale. She was calm her entire wedding day!!!! Thank you Linda for the fast delivery (ordered on Tuesday and got package Thursday). I love HEO!!! - Britta
43. I have had insomnia for over 5 years as the result of a brain injury/PTSD from a car accident and the stress of caring for my daughter. With the use of Vitality during the day and Peaceful at night, I can count on at least 4-5 hours of sleep a night. That may not sound like much, but for me it's huge. I had tried everything from meditation and exercise to melatonin (refused to try prescription sleeping pills), and nothing helped at all until your oils. It has been a life saver! - Linda
44. I've been using Peaceful for a month now for help with sleeping. I wanted to wait for a time to make sure the results were consistent. I can honestly say this has helped me sleep much deeper and I don't wake up as much. I diffuse for a couple hours before bed and put it on my feet. I'm going to try it with my 14-year-old son who has some attention problems. Thanks so much, and I praise God for you all. Blessings! - Angela
45. I love Peaceful more every time I use it! In addition to it helping me to not grind my teeth at night, last night I grabbed the Peaceful instead of my headache blend roller on accident and rolled it on my neck and massaged it in a little. When I woke this morning my neck felt better than it normally does in the morning, and my chiropractor even told me that it didn't feel as tight as it normally does. - Diane
46. Peaceful is wonderful, besides the obvious about helping one to relax, it helps me to not grind my teeth and helps relax my neck muscles as well. - Diane
47. Peaceful really helps me stay asleep at night. - Diane
48. We use Peaceful to help us stay asleep at night, and it's awesome. Just a drop. Also, regarding magnesium, Natural Calm is awesome to help one's system relax. - Kathryn
49. When I started using Peaceful blend for sleep. First, I did what someone suggested and put it on my wrists. I was awake for 3 nights straight. I switched to putting it on my ears. Best sleep ever. That was about a year ago, and I still use it on my ears and rarely have insomnia anymore. - Shannon
50. My husband is a snorer, and last night we used Peaceful on the bottom of both feet. We both got a quiet night's sleep, and he said he had a very restful night's sleep too. Thank you for the great products! God Bless you! - Jan
51. I received my Peaceful sample in the mail today! We have been housebound for 2 days due to some heavy snow in our area. My son who has asperger's and ADHD has had two very difficult days. I applied the Peaceful blended with coconut oil, and within 5 minutes he went from screaming, angry, disrespectful and somewhat out of control to calm, happy and singing while playing with his Lego minifigures. I'm excited to add this oil blend to others I already use in our home. Thank you so much! - Pam
52. Peaceful does not help me to go to sleep (wife says it helps me to stop snoring after she puts it on when I'm sleeping), but it makes me feel anxious or edge of a headache, just kind of weird. I have found it makes it harder for me to go to sleep, but if applied after I go to sleep, I feel no affects. It does work for the rest of the family, and they have no symptoms like myself. I don't have any problems going to sleep, just putting it on for the snoring, which again works for that, and she just applies it when I'm asleep. I'm not a stressed out or anxious person for the most part, so it maybe counter productive for persons using it for such. Same with other products, may not work for everyone. It will still be one of the blends always on our shelf. Thanks for your families hard work. - Ben
[HEO's comment: We referred Ben to testimony #4 above. Perhaps there is an acidity issue, or like he noted, what is beneficial to one might not be fore another.]
53. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul! I apply Peaceful blend, one drop, every morning to the nape of my son's neck. He five and has autism but is more challenged with sensory issues. This blend/application routine has helped him calm his flapping and overall "business" to the point where he can participate in class. I also add Adagio to his big toe a few times a week. This seems to help him focus more and complete his work. We have almost completely eliminated processed foods from his diet and it makes a big difference as well. May God bless you and thank you again for sharing your experiences. (These are just a few of the blends we use daily. I have several others on hand in case needed!) - Mechelle
54. I have Tourettes Syndrome, and I use Peaceful to help with my tics and other comorbids (anxiety, depression, OCD). I did not care for the smell of vetiver (found in the Adagio blend), but I know others who have found it very helpful with TS and ADHD symptoms. Peaceful is very grounding, really helps me focus when at work and minimizes my tics without the need for any meds. I also use Lavender as a sleep aid. - Susan
55. I'm loving Peaceful these days. I feel so much anxiety and can't pinpoint the cause, but Peaceful helps a lot! The scent is wonderful! - Tammy
56. I recently started going to the gym for fitness classes and have not been sleeping well since starting them. I feel like I fall asleep and then electricity jolts through my legs and wakes me up. This happens all night long and then I'm exhausted the next day. I finally remembered I had the Peaceful spray and put a few squirts onto the bottom of my feet and rubbed it in. I fall asleep quickly and never wake up through the night now. I have slept better in the past couple of weeks than I ever have!! I will definitely keep this on hand from now on! - Jennifer
57. I must brag on the oil Peaceful. My husband snores really bad. I mean every night wake the dead kind of snoring. A friend who uses a different brand of oil suggested using essential oil between the big toe. Since I like HEO, I went to the Health Issues tab online, and Peaceful was one of the recomendations, so I ordered it. My husband used, it and that night I got the best sleep in forever. He has been using it regularly for 2 months now, and it is saving us. I no longer have to have earbuds attached to white noise sound maker. - Rebecca
58. I was on Lexapro for depression for years until I started having an 'electrical shock' feeling throughout my body. I have been off Lexapro now for six years and am doing fine by using Rhodiola Root extract and HEO's Peaceful nightly. - Brienne
59. I have "restless leg" at times and it makes me NUTS when it happens. The thing that helps me most is to apply Peaceful Spray on my wrists and on my temples because it really relaxes me, and I go to sleep within 20-30 minutes despite my legs. - Ami
Ylang Ylang has potential skin sensitization issues. Tissernand/Young recommend that the maximum dermal use level be 2.5% (of Peaceful blend) to avoid these issues.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014, pages 476-480.