It is thought that perhaps restless leg syndrome is a mineral deficiency. I have read two testimonies where the people who "suffered" with this issue said it was "gone" after just a few days with a good mineral supplement. One person used a liquid mineral supplement, and the other used a product we use/sell called FrequenSea, which is a liquid vitamin/mineral supplement. More info on that here: FrequenSea Testimony
Natural Remedies for Restless Leg Syndrome by Heather aka "MommyPotamus"
1. I've had mild restless leg syndrome since my 1st pregnancy. It drove me crazy. I find that if I rub BIRCH on my feet, within 5 minutes the restless leg is decreased quite a bit.
2. I have restless leg syndrome and find that PEACEFUL rubbed on my legs really helps ease the nerves and keeps me from moving my legs continuously so I can sleep.
3. I've had restless leg syndrome since I was a little girl. BASIL is my "hero"! I rub Basil on my knees, lower legs and ankles and it soothes the odd sensations and restlessness. I use about 3 drops of Basil with a little carrier oil, rub my hands together and spread over both legs. Who would have believed that just 3 drops of oil would make such a difference! Now I can sleep!
4. I've had such a difficult time sleeping because of my restless leg syndrome until I tried Peaceful. I apply 3 drops of PEACEFUL behind each knee and sleep like a baby now.
5. I have used medications for Parkinson's disease for my restless leg syndrome. They didn't work very well at all. My co-worker told me about using your PEACEFUL to help her sleep and suggested that I try some. Bless her heart, she brought me a little sample the next day, and that night I put a couple of drops on the bottom of my feet before I climbed into bed. It worked. Now I put it also behind each knee and on my calves. I haven't slept this well in years!
6. I've had RLS since I was a child and had no success in finding anything that helped. I took medication, which only made me drowsy and irritable in the morning. My dear sister sent me a bottle of PEACEFUL, and it is unbelievable the relief I have found.
7. My husband had restless leg syndrome, and one day I decided to try PEACEFUL on him. I used just a drop of Peaceful with some carrier oil. I rubbed this on his legs, and it worked like magic! Now he's a believer in these wonderful oils.
8. I have found that magnesium is the mineral that helps with my restless legs. As soon as I miss a few days, I feel it coming on, and once I take a couple of pills it is better. A great source of magnesium is good quality cacao, and when I drink some it also helps. Apparently the fastest and most efficient way of getting magnesium to absorb is magnesium oil or gel, but I haven't tried it yet. Seems like it would work well because you could apply it directly to the legs for instant relief. - Candice
9. I have "restless leg" at times and it makes me NUTS when it happens. The thing that helps me most is to apply PEACEFUL SPRAY on my wrists and on my temples because it really relaxes me, and I go to sleep within 20-30 minutes despite my legs. - Ami
10. MUSCLE RELAX has helped my restless legs - I basically don't have the problem anymore!
11. I have restless leg syndrome, and my husband, who is paralyzed, gets the feeling of restless leg in his upper body where he can feel, and it is VERY disturbing to him and makes him super uncomfortable. He had is badly tonight, and we tried giving him Valium and muscle relaxers, but nothing helped. He suffered for about 2 hours, THEN, I finally realized I probably had the cure in my bathroom.... duh! I looked at my choices and settled on SLEEPY TIME. I slathered him in it from the mid chest up, including coating my hands and running it through his hair. Twenty minutes later, he was cured!!!! His symptoms were gone. Next time I have restless leg symptoms, I know what I will be reaching for. - Ami
12. Last night I was absolutely dead asleep at 3 am, when my body suddenly woke me up out of that dead sleep with horrible, terrible restless leg symptoms in *both* legs. It was absolutely dreadful. If you've never had it (which I hadn't until about 6 months ago), it feels like you need to go run a marathon or something, your legs are just antsy and there is this terrible pent up feeling that I just can't describe, but it's MISERABLE. I've had symptoms that have made it difficult to GO to sleep, but never ever had symptoms that literally woke me up from a dead sleep before until last night. But thank God I knew what to do!! I got up, slathered my calves in SLEEPY TIME, put it on my forearms and under my nose (so that I could smell it really really well), and in about 10 minutes the symptoms were gone, and I went back to sleep. Let me tell you, I really don't like this whole restless leg thing here lately, but I am SO grateful for EOs that stop the symptoms so I don't have to go on prescription Rx drugs that I would have to take every day with all the associated side effects and systemic effects for a very localized problem. - Ami
13. My mom uses STRENGTH on her heels for restless legs. - Monica
14. A few months ago, I ordered the MUSCLE RELAX blend to help with Restless Leg Syndrome. Last night I had some difficulty with cramping in my right calf (charley horse). After trying to walk it off, I remembered I had the Muscle Relax oil. I applied it directly to the spot, and I got INSTANT relief. Don't doubt what these essential oils can do for you! - Sheila
15. MUSCLE RELAX has been very helpful for minor aches. I have given it to friends, mixed with fractionated coconut oil as a carrier, for restless leg and for tense and achy shoulders. They all love it. One friend I gave it to is just now getting over a bad case of the flu, and she used it for backache that was one symptom of her sickness. She said it eased the ache. Her words were "it was a lifesaver." It's definitely a good blend to have on hand. - Peggy
Article: How Magnesium Functions in the Body