Research shows that demodex (a face mite) has been associated with various skin issues of the face such as acne, rosacea, blackheads and so on. These mites live in pores and hair follicles typically on the scalp, cheeks, nose, eyebrows and sometimes in the roots of eyelashes. The worm-like mite varies in size from .1mm to .4mm, has tiny claws and scales over its entire body that allow it to anchor itself in the hair follicle. Female mites may lay up to 25 eggs in a single hair follicle. These mites grow and become tightly packed causing the inflamed irritation. Mature mites emerge from the hair follicle at night to mate and lay more eggs into hair follicles where the newly hatched larvae will feed on sebaceous oil.
Dr. Neil Bhatia conducted a double-blind placebo-driven study on a select group of 42 patients with the diagnoses of Rosacea, Photodamage/Actinic Dermatitis, Acne, Seborrheic Dermatiti and Perioral Dermatitis and concluded that Seabuckthorn berry had a positive effect on eliminating this mite issue. (I have not found the medical abstract supporting this information.)
1. I researched causes of Rosacea and found a Dr. who has studied this for years in San Francisco. He says the same mite that causes acne causes rosacea, so I tried PURIFY applied neat (undiluted), and after one month I have no outbreaks.
2. I was diagnosed with rosacea several years ago and was told that there was no cure. I was told that the treatment to keep it under control involved daily application of a topical antibiotic. This did not seem like a good long-term solution to me. I had read that the condition may be caused by a bacteria and researched oils that were highly antibacterial and were good for the skin. I settled on YLANG YLANG and CYPRESS, applying the oils at first twice a day (a couple of drops of one in the AM and couple of drops of the other in the PM). The oils were effective for me and you cannot tell that I ever had the condition. I still occasionally use the oils for maintenance because they are healthy for my skin. In addition to the oils, a healthy diet was key.
3. I found that SEABUCKTHORN BERRY oil and NEEM oil mixed with JOJOBA eased my rosacea. I use this nightly after washing my face with goat's milk soap. In less than a week, I can see a dramatic difference. My dermatologist told me that rosacea is an overgrowth of the human demodex mite.
4. I've only been ROSACEA RECOVER for a few days, and the difference it has made in my rosacea is amazing. The arrival of the Lavender Hydrosol and oils couldn't have been timed more perfect; I was in the middle of a terrible breakout. This blend has stopped the redness and itching as well as the awful looking bumps. I've been using the blend three times per day and will do so for a week, and then I will taper it off to two times per day for another week and then once per day. I'm going to stick with one time each day for a week and see how it goes, and then probably taper off some more. I've also been using the Lavender Hydrosol as I've needed in between application, usually when I start to feel an itching or burning sensation on my facial skin. The combination of the Rosacea Recover blend and your Lavender Hydrosol have so far worked a miracle for me. I'll keep you posted. You have no idea how thrilled I am to have finally put together something that is actually working and working well. The difference in my face, in just 3 days, is remarkable. - Karen
5. I can't believe what clean eating and using SEABUCKTHORN BERRY with HOPEWELL'S UNSCENTED CREAM did for my rosacea! I'm thrilled! Clean eating for 6 weeks helped the bumps to disappear, and the Seabuckthorn Berry/Cream calmed the redness in just a week. I apply 2-3 drops of Seabuckthorn Berry EO, and then I apply the unscented cream over that. Warning: It goes on orange. Eating clean for me means no sugar, bread or rice. I try to keep my carbs low but will still indulge in a little baked potato or starchy veggies every now and then. No processed foods. I DO eat quite a bit of dairy though. - Kristi
Essential oils noted for Rosacea
Rock Rose or CISTUS essential oil not only smells wonderful but is also offers therapeutic care for mature skin and works well blended with other oils for Rosacea.
GERMAN CHAMOMILE essential oil is beneficial for Rosacea because it soothes and calms the skin, aids tissue regeneration and heals. It is used in aromatherapy as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiallergenic and fungicidal.
HELICHRYSUM essential oil is antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and known for fading bruises over night. It is excellent for skin rashes, irritations and Rosacea, especially when blended with German Chamomile.
LAVENDER essential oil is widely used. It is anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. High altitude French lavender is most often used in blends for acne and Rosacea.
NEEM SEED essential oil is known to help manage acne and soothe the skin.
NEROLI has a sebum balancing effect to balance oily and dry skin and is often blended with other essential oils to cure Rosacea. I find the aroma very pleasant.
ROSEWOOD essential oil is noted for increasing elasticity and soothing the skin, so is an ideal addition to a blend if you have mature skin as well as Rosacea.
SEABUCKTHORN BERRY essential oil is beneficial to the skin for numerous issues including rosacea because it is anti-inflammatory and helps support cellular regeneration.
If dilution is needed, organic Jojoba oil carrier oil is recommended.