Sleepy Time Moisturizing Spray
Safflower seed oil (Carthamus tinctorius), Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Sesame seed oil (Sesamum indicum), Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis), Sunflower (Helicanthus annuus), Olive (Olea europaea), Bergamot (Citrus bergamia), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Amyris (Amyris balsamifera), Juniperberry (Juniperus communis), Tangerine (Citrus reticulata), Copaiba (Copaifera langsdorfii), Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), Australian Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum), Black Pepper (Piper nigrum), Sandalwood Mysore (Santalum album), Blue Tansy (Tanecetum annum) in a soothing blend of Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Vitamin A (Retinol)
Babies? Ylang Ylang has previously been a common component in formulas for babies and children, but in the 2014 edition of Essential Oil Safety by Tisserand/Young, it is recommended to use with caution on children under 2 due to its potential to cause skin irritation. It is 0.75% of Sleepy Time Spray.
A soothing, calming blend to promote restful sleep. For infants/babies and young children, we suggest referring to the dilution chart
on the Oil Usage page and see the Application Suggestions below for more details.
Application Suggestions (See Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart.)
Spray into palms and apply as desired as a body massage, avoiding tender tissues and eyes.
Phototoxic Caution if using Sleepy Time EO's only. If applying to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or UV light, the maximum topical use is 1.8% of Sleepy Time EO's only blend.
The spray is a 3% dilution. To adjust the dilution, divide 3% by the percentage you desire. For example, if you want 0.5% you divide 3 by 0.5, and the result tells you that for every 1 drop of the blend at 3% you need a total of 6 drops, so you must add 5 drops of carrier. To simplify, if you add 5ml of this spray to 25ml of carrier oil in a 1oz bottle, you will get a dilution ratio of 0.5%.
For a child, please see the Dilution Suggestions for Babies and Children.
1. This was a wonderful baby gift! I don't want to be without because my baby really responds well to me using this to massage his body after bath time. He sleeps great! - R.G.
2. This was the most prized gift I received for our baby. He does great when I use it, and Daddy likes to apply it because he loves it himself! – C.I.
3. I use Sleepy Time for me and my very active grandsons who spend nights with me. It works like a miracle! We are asleep in minutes instead of still awake after an hours. - Donna
4. Sleepy Time is my life saver for my many sleepovers with grandkids! - Donna
5. Sleepy Time spray diluted with a good carrier oil (we have been using Jojoba) is GREAT for the newborn--she smells delicious and it calms her and keeps her from getting dry skin. - Christy
6. I have an app on my phone that measures my sleep and I've used it the last three nights. The first night it registered at 85% and the next two nights, I used the Sleepy Time Spray and it registered at 93% and 97%. - Stacy
7. I have "restless leg," and my husband, who is paralyzed, gets the feeling of restless leg in his upper body where he can feel, and it is VERY disturbing to him and makes him super uncomfortable. He had is badly tonight, and we tried giving him Valium and muscle relaxers, but nothing helped. He suffered for about 2 hours, THEN, I finally realized I probably had the cure in my bathroom.... duh! I looked at my choices and settled on Sleepy Time. I slathered him in it from the mid chest up, including coating my hands and running it through his hair. Twenty minutes later, he was cured!!!! His symptoms were gone. Next time I have restless leg symptoms, I know what I will be reaching for. - Ami
8. Last night I was absolutely dead asleep at 3AM, when my body suddenly woke me up out of that dead sleep with horrible, terrible restless leg symptoms in *both* legs. It was absolutely dreadful. If you've never had it (which I hadn't until about 6 months ago), it feels like you need to go run a marathon or something, your legs are just antsy and there is this terrible pent up feeling that I just can't describe, but it's MISERABLE. I've had symptoms that have made it difficult to GO to sleep, but never ever had symptoms that literally woke me up from a dead sleep before until last night. But thank God, I knew what to do!! I got up, slathered my calves in Sleepy Time, put it on my forearms and under my nose (so that I could smell it really really well), and in about 10 minutes the symptoms were gone, and I went back to sleep. Let me tell you, I really don't like this whole restless leg thing here lately, but I am SO grateful for EOs that stop the symptoms so I don't have to go on prescription Rx drugs that I would have to take every day with all the associated side effects and systemic effects for a very localized problem. - Ami
9. My husband (a quadriplegic) has been experiencing intense leg and stomach spasms for the past 4 hours on an almost continuous basis. Valium and Rx muscle relaxers didn't help, so I tried Sleepy Time all over his legs and stomach. Now the spasms are about 5-10 mins apart instead of constant, and they are very short lived; instead of 30-60 seconds long they are 5-10 seconds long. This stuff really is magic. Soon will need to reorder Sleepy Time since we use it for so many things. - Ami
10. My husband has been very busy at work, and we are trying to purchase a house and move (just to the next street, but still...) along with the normal family stuff (we have two teenagers). I put Sleepy Time in a roll-on applicator a while back, and with all his stress, I've been making him put it on his chest. He has very sensitive feet, so he hates putting oil on them. I have him rub it on his chest, and he is OUT in less than 5 minutes each time. I'm especially thankful for it tonight, as he was super stressed today. I asked him if he wanted the Sleep Time, and he said no, that he was tired. After 5 minutes he rolled over and asked me for it, and now he is sawing logs! It's helped with his snoring some too. - Stacy
11. Sleepy Time is great for sleep. For a deep sleep, I put it on the bottoms of my feet, but for just to stay asleep, I rub it on my chest. - Stacy
12. Sleepy Time Spray has been great for my restless legs. - Kelli
13. I am in love with your products! I've been using the Sleepy Time Spray and the Vitality blend and I feel like a new person! I have been through a very rough past few years and had "lost my sleep." I was unable to stay deeply asleep and would wake up many times through the night. When I started having hot flashes, that made it even worse, as I would toss and turn, kicking off covers then reaching to pull them back over myself, then kicking them off and repeating this over and over. This was exhausting and debilitating, as I never felt rested and my stress level was through the roof. I am so thankful that I found Hopewell Oils! I apply the Sleepy Time Spray to my neck, chest and forearms as well as to the back of my legs (it tames the restless legs like nothing else! Amazing!) and within minutes (MINUTES!) I am falling asleep. Even more wonderful is the fact that I stay asleep and I sleep deeply. As if this weren't enough, the Vitality blend has tamed my hot flashes. I created a 10% blend with a carrier oil and put it in a rollerball applicator. I apply this to the base of my throat and to my lower back once a day in the morning, and the lessening of my hot flashes is miraculous. I'm sitting here trying to remember the last time I had a hot flash. They stopped within a day or two of starting to use this blend. The other day I came home from work and had so much energy. I was amazed to feel energetic and cheerful and not worn out and depressed. I am so thankful to have my sleep back and to have energy, focus and hope. I have been telling everyone I know about the Sleepy Time and Vitality blends and what they have done for me. Thank you so much for creating and offering these products. Thank you, thank you, thank you! - Kim S.
14. Sleepy Time has been helping me sleep so even got off Ambien with your help! Thank you so much for all you do!! - Brenda
Ylang Ylang Dermal Caution: Due to potential skin sensitization issues, the maximum dermal use level should be 0.8%. (Tisserand/Young). It is 0.75% in this spray, below the maximum use level.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014.