Tinnitus, Ringing in Ears
Tinnitus, Ringing in the Ear
Helichrysum essential oil has the potential to reduce inflammation, which may ease tinnitus symptoms. Apply a drop or two to cotton balls and place in each ear opening for up to 2 hours. To avoid irritation, dilute the Helichrysum.
Basil, Cypress, Juniperberry, Frankincense, Lavender and Helichrysum are all noted to be helpful. These (a few or all of them) can be combined in equal parts and then add 30 drops to a 1oz glass bottle and add fractionated coconut oil or Jojoba oil for a 3% dilution. Shake well to combine thoroughly. Let 1-3 drops drop into your palm and inhale deeply, and then apply in front of and behind the ear and down the neck and under the jawline with a gentle massage (circular movements). Also, a drop of the oil can be put on a cotton ball and placed in the opening of the ear.
Drops in the ear? Never drop undiluted essential oils directly into the ear! For children over 2 years of age, a 2% dilution of suitable oils may be appropriate if you are certain that the eardrum is not perforated. If the child has tubes, you will want to consult your MD before use as well.
Suitable essential oils include: Basil ct linalool, Copaiba, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lavender, Manuka, Palmarosa, Roman Chamomile, Rosalina, Tea Tree. Our Gentle Joy or Ear-B-Well blends are suitable choices.
Choosing a carrier that has anti-inflammatory properties will enhance the soothing effect: Emu, Hemp, Pomegranate and St. John's Wort.
Prepare the 2% Dilution: Put 3 drops of suitable essential oils into a 5mL bottle and fill to just below the shoulder with a suitable carrier oil. For convenience, consider using a pipette. (Once the earache has passed, we suggest you store the bottle with the orifice reducer and original cap in the refrigerator for optimun shelf life.)
Warm the bottle before applying: Gently warm the pre-diluted oil by securing the cap and placing the bottle in a sealed zip lock bag immersed in warm water.
Application: Have the child rest on his side with the affected ear up. If using a pipette, pry out the orifice reducer and test the warmth by putting a drop on your wrist. Then put 1-2 drops into the ear opening. Cap the bottle and gently massage around the ear and down the neck area as is tolerable by the child. Place a cotton puff into the ear opening. This can be repeated as 1-2 times daily or as needed.
1. My experience has been that food additives such as MSG can cause ringing in the ears. I discovered this on myself, and since sharing my story, have found others with the same experience. I read someone's testimony about this and decided to only eat salads for a week. I grew my own lettuce and made my own dressings from quality ingredients, organic if possible. The ringing was not near as bad, and by the end of one week had basically stopped altogether. Once I binged on fast food, the ringing came back.
2. My sister was diagnosed with Meniere's Vertigo about 10 years ago. She had ringing and an echo-like response in her right ear since then. Since I've come to love your oils, I suggested that she try some of my Geranium, Peppermint and Lavender. She put Geranium (loves it and uses it now like perfume!) behind her ear lobe and bone behind the ear. She noticed both the ringing and echo both decreased. Next, I asked her to try my Helichrysum Substitute Blend. She added this to the Geranium on her ear lobe and bone. She also puts one drop on a cotton ball and places that in her ear nightly. The next day the ringing was much less and she continues to feel that she is improving.
3. I had tinnitus (ringing in my ears) for years that about drove me crazy. I used Helichrysum Substitute Blend on my ear lobe and boney part around my ear morning, noon and night. The ringing has almost disappeared - I am soooo pleased with these oils!
4. I want to share with you my experience with your Gentle Joy blend. I've been having trouble with one ear. It sounds like I'm under water; sometimes it's just a crackling noise, and sometimes it's so bad that I hate being around myself because of the water sound along with what sounds like my heartbeat. Now I know why they call it the eardrum. It sure sounded like a drum pounding. I went to an ear, nose and throat Dr., and they told me to try Sudafed for a week. The doctor also made a recommendation to put a tube in the ear, just like they do for the children. I didn't see that as an option. Unfortunately, I went through the whole box of Sudafed before I thought to try your Gentle Joy oil. I remembered that I had ordered some of the earache oil, but I was thinking that I don't have an infection, but I was desperate, so I rubbed some oil around the ear and then put a heating pack on it. There wasn't much of a difference, so this morning I did it again, but I also soaked a cotton ball and plugged the ear. Praise the Lord, I haven't taken any more Sudafed, and my ear is doing fine. I'm very happy with the results of the Gentle Joy blend. I will continue it for a couple of days and see what happens. I think anyone who has children should have a bottle of this oil in their medicine cabinet.
Thanks for all you do to be the hands upon the earth that the Lord can use to bring forth His healing. All glory and praise to our Lord Jesus.
God Bless you - B. P.
5. Heartbeat sound in ear: A sinus infection can block the eustachian tube and cause hearing the heartbeat. Use Plague Defense and/or other anti-inflammatory oils around the ear, front and back, and down the neck under the ear. A tympanogram (graph showing movement of the eardrum) done by an audiologist would tell if the eustachian tube has fluid; it may or may not be an infection. The ENT (ear, nose, throat Dr.) usually sends suspected cases to an audiologist for that test, and then prescribes antibiotics - yuck. - Barb
6. My husband's tinnitus and hyperacusis was driving him crazy. Nothing could be done. When I heard about essential oils, I got Helichrysum for him. It is amazing how much it has helped him!! He diluted Helichrysum with almond oil. He puts a drop or two on with his finger and applies all around the ear. He uses this three times a day. He could feel the difference within a week. He feels better ever day. Not a cure, but certainly a relief. - Deborah