Abscess / Tooth Infection
The following anecdotal testimonies have not been reviewed by the FDA.
The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure disease.
Information shared on the HEO website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice given by your trusted health care provider.
We believe that essential oils are provided by the Lord to support our health and well-being.
The Lord is our wisdom, protector and healer.
(Genesis 1:29-30, Ezekiel 47:12)
1. I soaked the end of a Q-tip in Myrrh and Plague Defense and held it against the affected area for as much time during my awake hours as I could. I also put a drop of oil on my finger and briskly rubbed the inner and outer affected gum a couple times daily. This turned the tide for me.
2. My husband had a toothache and used Tea Tree and Plague Defense. He rubbed it directly on his gums. In 48 hours it was gone and never returned.
3. I used Ledum for an infection in my tooth. I take 3-4 drops internally, and I can feel the healing within minutes.
4. I am happy to report that my tooth abscess seems to have disappeared (healed) after using Hopewell Mouthwash as you suggested. I am amazed at how much better my whole mouth feels after using both the ToothSuds and Mouthwash. Thanks!
5. I had a problem with an abscessed tooth that had infected my jaw. My doctor wanted to put me on antibiotics, but I decided to avoid that and try Plague Defense, which I rubbed directly onto the gum around the tooth and also on the outside of the jaw and neck. I think I overdid the Plague Defense, because I became extremely ill for three days due to what seemed like a major detox reaction. After I recovered from my illness, I had no sign of the infection whatsoever!
6. I had a crown that was infected underneath. I had terrible throbbing and pain. For several nights I soaked a small piece of cotton with Plague Defense and tucked it between my tooth and cheek. The next morning the pain was gone. Within two days the swelling was gone, and the infection was almost gone. I continued this for a few more days just to be sure, and from there foreword I use a drop of Plague Defense on my toothbrush twice daily just to keep it under control.
7. My dentist wanted to do a root canal on a troublesome tooth that occasionally feels like an infection. He assured me that it was too far gone to save, but I started using Cleansing on a gauze pad next to my gum nightly during any time that it flared up, and I’ve been pain-free now for months.
8. I had an abscessed tooth that really cause me lots of pain. I applied Purify with a Q-tip as many times a day as I could. Within days the pain was gone and hasn’t returned now for three months.
9. I had excruciating pain with a dry socket, and despite several trips back to the dentist, it stayed dry. So, I decided to try my own doctoring. I took a small piece of gauze dipped in Clove oil (diluted 50:50 with a carrier oil) and inserted next to the socket. This gave me immediate pain relief. After a week of this protocol, the socket started to close. It was such a relief.
10. One of my molars was very sensitive to heat, cold and pressure. I used Plague Defense on the tooth and gum. I knew that if I went to dentist, he would put me on a round of antibiotics and a likely root canal. My gum was inflamed due to the infection. In addition to the Plague Defense, I alternated Tea Tree, Clove, Peppermint and Oregano on my gums and tooth. They all helped to ease the pain and swelling. I also took Warrior internally; one capsule, twice daily for ten days (just like taking an antibiotic without any harmful side effects). After five days, the pain and inflammation was very reduced.
11. Plague Defense worked wonderfully on my level 3 dental infection. I applied it hourly and gently removed puss that accumulated on the gums. The pain in my jawbone diminished with each application. After a couple of days my dentist was astonished to see such improvement. He told me he’d never seen such a recovery and recorded my infection to be at level 1.
12. I have used a blend of 9 parts Myrrh essential oil and 1 part Clove bud oil applied directly to the aching tooth with much relief. - Marge
13. I have used Clove oil neat for a toothache and it worked. Another thing I do as part of my daily dental hygiene is use an Olive Oil and Clove essential oil combo. Combine 15 drops of Clove Oil with 1 oz of Olive Oil. After brushing I place 1 or two drops of the mixture on a Q-tip and massage my gum. A bottle of the mixture lasts a while. The routine is 3 weeks on 1 week off. This has really help with keeping my gums healthy.
14. Our family uses a couple of drops of a blend of Peppermint, Plague Defense and Tea Tree [Oral Hygiene] on our toothbrush along with baking soda in the morning when we brush our teeth. At night we brush with Tooth Suds. We like alternating these two regimens because the baking soda keeps our teeth nice and white. Our teeth have never been cleaner and healthier - we have eliminated routine dental checkups because they are simply unnecessary now! We began using this essential oil blend when our 18-year-old son had an abscessed tooth and was told he needed a root canal. After one day of applying a couple of drops every 3 hours or so, the abscess was gone and there was no more pain! The dentist was baffled when we went back for another x-ray. He had said nothing would be able to permeate the tooth to treat the infection. He got a bit of an education in essential oils that day. Praise the Lord for his gift of healing to us, and for using you, dear Linda, as an avenue of that healing! - Paula
15. When I had an infection in a tooth that they wanted to do a root canal on, I used Plague Defense, Tea Tree and a blend similar to Little Flowers because it has frankincense and myrrh both are supposed to be beneficial for tooth infections. I used it for about 5 days, multiple times a day, and it completely got rid of the infection. - Diane
16. A friend had a terrible car accident that caused teeth problems that showed up months later. He had to have some wisdom teeth pulled and some other work, and his mouth was in a lot of pain. He had dry sockets and went once to have them packed, and then I gave him some Clove oil mixed 50-50 with Avocado oil. (I used avocado because he was putting it in his mouth), and he applied it to the sockets and his sore mouth, and it worked so well he never went back for any re-packing. - Margo
17. An abscessed tooth can get out of hand, so if you decide to treat with natural methods, you'll want to weigh the risk and perferably consult your dentist to monitor your progress. I healed mine by packing the area with slippery elm, supporting my immune system with lots of raw garlic and essential oils (immune supportive oils and oil pulling with virgin coconut oil with Clove essential oil) and homeopathy (hepar sulph initially then silica). My dentist is very open and agreeable to natural methods and monitored my progress. The oil pulling helped with the pain. - Amber
18. I have a cracked molar that has a large very old filling in it that has needed a crown for two years. Whenever I have any discomfort, I soak a cotton swab in Myrrh essential oil and push it on the filling area of the tooth. I bite down gently and hold it there to soak in. Then I rub some around the outside of the tooth in the gum area. The discomfort is relieved. I also gargle with Myrrh, and so far I have been able to keep the tooth from getting infected because of all the cracks. My dentist can't believe I am not in pain or asking for a crown, but it really causes little discomfort and crowns are expensive! I apply the oil about every week or two as maintenance. - Kathy
Purchon, Nerys; Cantele, Lora, Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness, 2014, page 154.
Worwood, Valerie Ann, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, New World Library, 2016, page 32.