Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
In regard to taking oils via capsule for a UTI, the following is taken from a statement made by Mark Webb who has a BS in Biochemistry and Plant Biology and Diplomas in Remedial Massage and Aromatherapy: "For bladder infections, the oral pathway [capsules] is an appropriate application method as is a suppository [capsules]. Oils rich in sesquiterpenols (SQTOLs), particularly Sandalwood and German Chamomile, have great efficacy for UTI because these SQTOL's don't require oxidation via Phase I metabolism, but merely conjugation (joining) to allow for excretion. These conjugated biproducts can be just two SQTOL's joined to reach the critical size for filtration in the kidney's so when they pass out of the body in the urine they appear to still be therapeutic. The aroma is unmissable as are the antiinflammatory & antibacterial effects."
Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt mentions in his book, The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils, that one can take 1-3 drops Tea Tree oil in water for a urinary tract infection.
- Put 3 drops in a tablespoon, add a raw honey, mix with a toothpick, lick off with spoon upside down to avoid the lips and swallow.
- Add 3 drops to an empty capsule and fill full with a carrier oil such as olive oil.
(D-mannose and SSKI potassium iodide)
1. The most effective remedy I have ever found and used with great success for UTI, is to take a bundle of fresh parsley (organic) and steep it for ten minutes in a cup of hot (not boiling) steaming water, and then sweeten with raw honey. This parsley tea really cleans and flushes the kidneys. Take a cup of parsley tea every 2-3 hrs for a day, and the next day the infection is completely gone...no soreness, no fever, no leaky painful bladder, and it kills anything that might have crept up to the kidneys as well. HTH!
2. Tea Tree and Lavender are also good for UTI. I know of one lady who uses this combo for her aged mother who used to get them all the time. Tea Tree is highly anti-fungal (yeast) and anti-infectious. Also, to fight infection take a blend like Plague Defense, Absolve, Defender or Warrior internally several times daily or apply several times daily (appropriately diluted). Absolve, Warrior or Defender would be more powerful than Plague Defense, and would be my choice.
3. I used the Tea Tree and Lavender with baby wipes (mother is in diapers) and/or in a peri bottle with water to rinse. - Deidra
4. Dandelion capsules is my go-to for UTI. If you don't have easy access to a health food store where you can get capsules, see if you have any left in the yard that you can find and use the root to make tea. Cranberry juice (unsweetened) is also helpful. I get them a lot when I don't drink enough water (you'd think I'd learn wouldn't you) and dandelion is my standby. - Rita R.
5. When I had chronic UTI's during my first pregnancy, I took D-mannose daily. It was so effective! Not only did it get rid of the UTI's, but it prevented any other infections. I have used it for all subsequent pregnancies as well with not a single infection. D-mannose is meant to be taken internally. It works by flushing through the urinary tract, pulling along bacteria with it. It is even effective against deep seeded infections. I am not sure it would be effective topically. I took it while pregnant and nursing without any issues to my baby. But, it is up to each of us as parents to pray for wisdom on what is best given the situation. - Satin
6. Cystoprotek capsules promote bladder health and supports the protective layer of the bladder. I use it when I have a flare up of IC and I've had really good results with it. (I order these from Amazon) - Stacey
7. I give my quadraplegic husband Cinnamon Bark orally twice a day. I put 3 drops in a gel capsule. I give it to prevent urinary tract infections. - Ami
8. I was on vacation and had the feeling like I was fighting a UTI. I usually wait as long as I can and do what I can to heal it, but I had that feeling like I might need to see the doc for an antibiotic when I got home. I pushed water, cut out sugar, applied Absolve mixed with coconut oil over my kidneys and bladder and took a capsule with 3 drops of the Absolve for two days. The infection left and I feel back to normal!. To God from whose creation the oils are made and for Heritage Essential Oils who makes the Absolve blend, I say THANK YOU!! - Margaret
9. Over the weekend my daughter came down quickly with a very painful urinary tract infection. After reading other testimonies here I did the following: Digestion Support and Lemongrass on her abdomen at 20% dilution. Top Gun and Warrior at 15% dilution on her back and back of the neck. She also took 2 drops of Cleansing internally in a gelatin capsule (diluted). She drank 48 oz of water and took 500 mg Vitamin C and 6 oz high vitamin C pure fruit juice. We placed a heating pad on her abdomen. After about an hour the pain was totally gone! It came back a few hours later but not as intense, so I repeated all of the same things, only I did not give her Cleansing internally. After about 45 minutes the pain had not subsided so I gave her 2 drops of Cleansing in a gelatin capsule again. She drank some more water and then went to bed with a heating pad. I repeated the oils on her skin once during the night. In the morning she woke up pain free and the pain never returned! I repeated the oils on her skin four times over the course of the next day just as a preventative. We were all amazed. Thank you, Lord, for the sweet healing You have provided in these wonderful oils! - Katy
10. Most commercially prepared chicken is loaded with antibiotics, and when I cut that out (eating only chicken NOT feed antibiotics) and began adding good bacteria through Kombucha, my UTI's cleared up. I had battled recurrent UTIs for 4 years--with and without bacteria. If you suffer from any ailment, ask the Lord for direction, continue seeking and searching your condition and follow what He shows you, even if it seems outside the norm. - Jan
11. Kidney/Bladder blend got rid of my bladder infection within a day or so. It also helped my sister in law's badder and kidney infection that she had been on antibiotics 3 times for. She used it with the antibiotics the last time and her symptoms were gone within hours. - Sandi
12. My mom has great success with her recurring UTIs using horsetail tincture. She had a long standing UTI, and this worked well. - Jan