Frankincense (Boswelia frereana/carterii), Oregano (Origanum vulgare), Clove 20% (Eugenia cayophyllata), Lemon (Citrus limonum), Cinnamon Bark 10% (Cinnamon zeylanicum), Eucalyptus radiata, Rosemary ct. verbenone (Rosmarinus officinalis)
45 drops Plague Defense blend
20 drops Oregano
10 drops Frankincense
Not suitable topically on children under two due to Oregano and Clove. Not suitable orally for children six years old or younger due to Cinnamon Bark and Clove. Use with caution for children older than six. Warrior has a low risk of mucus membrane irritation with inhalation."Do not expose children of five years or less to strong essential oil vapors" (Tisserand/Young 651-653).
Consider Immune Support
Not suitable. Cinnamon Bark is contraindicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding because when it was fed to pregnant mice for two weeks it significantly reduced the number of nuclei and altered the distribution of embryos according to nucleus number (Tisserand/Young p. 249).
Consider Immune Support
Medication/Health Condition? Contraindicated Orally: Anticoagulant, Antidepressants (MAOIs or SSRIs), Diabetes medication, Diet Drug (Ephedrine), Pethidine; Childbirth, Liver or Kidney disease (all routes), Major Surgery (one week before and after), Peptic Ulcer, Hemophilia
Warrior essential oil blend may support, aid, ease, soothe, reduce, calm, relax, promote and/or maintain healthy function of the following:
Hand, Foot, Mouth disease
Intestinal tract infection
Joints, minor aches and pain
Muscles: aches, cramps, soreness, stiff
Poison Ivy (see testimony #33)
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
Tonsil stones (see testimony #30)
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Varacies (see testimony #10)
Research and Aromatherapy Literature Notes
Cinnamon and Clove essential oils showed strong inhibition of bacteria when tested for the possibility of creating a protective atmosphere by using natural compounds that could extend the shelf life of packaged foodstuffs. The oils were tested against Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus, Enterococcus faecalis, Listeria monocytogenes, Escherichia coli, Yersinia enterocolitica, Salmonella choleraesuis, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. [View abstract]
Kurt Schnaubelt holds a Ph.D. in chemistry and is the founder and scientific director of the Pacific Institute of Aromatherapy. He writes in reference to reading or hearing "dire warnings about the use of Cinnamon and Clove oil, that the 'Never to be used' phrase attached to these two essential oils" is "resoundingly ignored by those who really used essential oils. The antibacterial effects of Cinnamon Bark oil make it one of the best options when a person encounters violent bacterial infections of the intestinal tract, especially while traveling in unfamiliar territory! The choice is between being pointlessly scared by the defensive writing of an author who probably had never been in a comparable situation or effectively ending the debilitating condition with a few drops of Cinnamon oil."
The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils, page 73.
In Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils, Schnaubelt writes that Clove and Cinnamon are "Strong allergenic agents" and that Cinnamon Bark, Cinnamon Leaf, Cassia, Clove Bud and Clove Stem "provoke skin sensitization in approximately 5% of the population when applied topically. These oils are preferably used internally, which is less problematic."
"Today, eugenol, the main constituent of clove oil, and cinnamic aldehyde, the main constituent of cinnamon bark oil, are among the most thoroughly researched components of essential oils. Within modern times, the move toward commercialization has made these two oils almost outcasts in the litmus test of aromatherapy. This may also be a reflection of the predominant use of aromatherapy for massage in Great Britain and the limited usefulness of these oils for topical applications, because they do pose hazards such as dermatitis reactions to those with sensitive skin. Nonetheless, their ability to restore equilibrium to the intestinal flora, to act against pathogens, and to be metabolized by the good bacteria makes them indispensable agents in maintaining balance during an illness. Another reason that these oils are so highly contested may rest in their extreme effectiveness. In casual aromatherapy, it is customary to always use at least a drop or two. Doing so with cinnamon or clove results in too high a concentration. A more accurate evaluation of the qualities of these two oils is given by Dr. Deininger, of Cologne, Germany, who put it this way: “If people in the world knew about all the beneficial properties of cinnamon it would not be available anymore, it would be soaked up from the market in no time.”
"According to the work of Deininger as well as Franchomme and Pénoël, cinnamon bark oil is effective against 98 percent of all pathogenic gram (+) and gram (-) bacteria. It is also effective against yeasts, candida (albicans, tropical, pseudo-tropical) and fungi, including aspergillus, thereby preventing aflatoxin production. It is antiparasitic and prevents fermentation in the intestines; it is effective against diarrhea, colitis, amoebic dysentery, enterotoximia, bacterial cystitis, and urinary tract infections with E. coli and tropical infections accompanied by fever. Caution: potential skin irritant and sensitizing agent. Preferred mode of use: Internally."
"Aromatherapy approach: for the self-medicating individual, determination of the pathogen is often not possible. Cinnamon bark oil can be used alone or in conjunction with oregano oil to take aim at an extremely broad range of pathogenic bacteria. It is well tolerated internally. For bacterial intestinal infections, which can often be identified by their quick and violent onset, oils that often are treacherous to use on the skin such as cinnamon bark and clove are very useful. Their internal application is usually safe and effective, provided they are used in the appropriately small dosage of one drop per application. The best way to ingest these oils is to dilute one drop of the oil into one tablespoon of edible oil (hazelnut or olive) and ingest that mixture in a gelatin capsule."
Schnaubelt writes in The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy (p. 79) that "It appears that the potential of Clove bud, stem, and leaf as well as Cinnamon bark and leaf oil to create these undesirable effects arises when they come in contact with the skin. However, ingesting a drop of Cinnamon Bark essential oil absorbed on a sugar cube or a similar adsorbent is typically tolerated well by almost everyone. Taking a drop of Cinnamon Bark essential oil in this fashion can be a life safer if you are suffering from tropical infections. Clove essential oil is so powerful that it is treated with utmost respect by everyone who chooses to work with it. If integrated into blends intended for ingestion, 1% of Clove is effective and should probably be an upper limit."
Kurt Schnaubelt, Ph.D wrote that 1 drop [of Cinnamon Bark] in honey can be taken once every 2 hours for acute infection.
The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils, page 133.
[HEO's Comment: Tisserand/Young note that the maximum adult daily oral dose of Cinnamon Bark is about 6 drops. This would limit the maximum oral daily of Warrior to 60 drops, which is clearly more than one would consider taking daily.]
Treating the Flu with Anti-Microbial Essential Oils - Dr. Friedman's Antibiotic Alternative Formula
Dr. Friedman M.D., recommends that at the first sign of the flu, take one capsule every four hours for three days, and then take one capsule every eight hours for four to six days. He cautions: "This is a powerful blend, so don’t use it for just a cold or as a preventative. This formula [he suggests 20 drops per capsule] should not be used on children under 12 years of age or on pregnant women. Ages 12-17 years use one half of the above formula."
Our personal experience is that Warrior is quite effective. We typically have very quick, positive results with as little as 1-2 drops per capsule (diluted with carrier oil), and have on occasion noted better results by applying as a gentle back massage (diluted appropriately) instead of ingesting. The responsibility for use is in the hands of the user.
Anti-biotic actually means "against life." Essential oils have properties that can be used to support the body in dealing with "bugs" (you will see that certain oils are considered anti-viral or anti-bacterial), but essential oils don’t have the same "wipe out everything" propensity that pharmaceutical antibiotics have. Still, they should be used only as needed, as overuse may very well cause an imbalance.
We don’t use a blend like Warrior more than is necessary to support the body. We don't take the "antibiotic formula" everyday, because it is truly "big gun" ammunition, and I believe that we can become at least somewhat sensitized. Thankfully, we usually don’t have to use the strong oils for more than just a few days because they are very effective. Click here for more information contrasting the difference between bacterial and viral infections and the benefits of using essential oils over anti-biotics.
Essential Oils: An Effective Antibiotic Alternative
The Antibacterial Action of Essential Oils Does NOT Harm Beneficial Flora
(See Essential Oil Usage
for more information and a dilution chart
Dilute with a carrier oil
, unscented lotion
or unscented cream
and apply on area of concern or as desired. Consider using a roll-on applicator
for ease of application of prediluted oil. Warrior is a *hot* blend and should be diluted 1 drop in 5ml carrier to avoid risk of skin irritation (0.67%). Test on a small area of skin before covering a large area. With appropriate dilution, one might want to apply on the spine, inner thighs or as desired. Use a carrier oil to dilute skin irritation, not water.
or use a personal Nasal Inhaler
Internal: Warrior is suitable for internal use within safe parameters if such use is deemed appropriate. Due to the potential skin irritating properties of Warrior, the preferred mode of use is internally, ideally taken by capsule diluted with a suitable carrier oil (Dr. Kurt Schnaubelt). We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt, Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much.Keep in mind that while medical doctors or health care practitioners may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter of using "French" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application. Click here for more information about Internal Usage.
Some report good results by taking 1-2 drops in a capsule three times a day for any infection, and they reduce as indicated by return of health. Others have found that topical use seems more effective. Warrior is considered a “hot” oil because of the Oregano, Cinnamon and Clove. If used internally, please dilute accordingly. Aromatherapists generally feel that internal use should be reserved for issues in the stomach or GI tract.
The following anecdotal testimonies have not been reviewed by the FDA.
The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure disease.
Information shared on the HEO website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice given by your trusted health care provider.
We believe that essential oils are provided by the Lord to support our health and well-being.
The Lord is our wisdom, protector and healer.
(Genesis 1:29-30, Ezekiel 47:12)
1. I first experimented with blending the Warrior oils together when I had a serious episode with boils under my arm
. This came on me when I was pushing myself physically and burning the candle late into the nights. The boils worsened daily. Since I am normally a strong, healthy person, it surprised me that nothing I did seemed to help, but everything I’d tried was topical (heat and essential oils). One evening as I asked the Lord to help me bring this to resolution, I felt Him tell me it was "internal," and this led me to blend these oils together and take them internally (1-2 drop(s) Warrior in a capsule then filled with olive oil 4 times daily.) Within six hours my boils began to be less inflamed. Twenty-four hours later, the redness was gone along with most of the tenderness. Forty-eight hours later there was not a sign of a boil. I was quite impressed and coined the name “Warrior” at that time. I began mixing it up for my friends when they had any issues where one might consider needing an anti-biotic. This blend eventually became one of the most popular blends we sell. – Linda
2. I had a serious and persistent tooth infection
, and Warrior worked great. I purchased several bottles of it and gave it as Christmas gifts to my family. It’s great! – V.E.
3. This blend is amazing. It works very quickly to boost the immune system and fight the dreaded flu
. At the first sign of the flu I followed the directions listed above and carried on without missing a beat. I use it on my children by just rubbing it on the bottoms of their feet. This one of the most important oils we keep on hand and take with us on trips. - M.S.
4. My daughter gave me a bottle about 2/3 full of Warrior and added Lavender
to top it off. I have suffered with leg cramps
for years, but when I use just a little of this blend topically, they are gone. When I forget to take my bottle with me when I travel, the cramps return. I don't want to be without this special blend. K.S.
5. My son [9 years old, has Down Syndrome and respiratory/immune issues] woke up a little sluggish this morning but seemed to do okay during speech and his aqua therapy. However, when we got home he began to get congested
and progressively worse. He then got very pale and began to go into respiratory distress
, similar to what we see happen in the middle of the night when he is sick. I immediately put Warrior on his feet and rubbed it on his chest and back with Respiratory Relief
. He immediately took a deep breath, started talking up a storm (we have seen this before when using Warrior) and he is now resting and breathing comfortably. Still sick but he’s breathing and we are not having to run to a doctor or hospital!! We have never had a prescribed medication that worked this well. I hope this continues to provide relief for him and keeps him off the medications that seem to do more harm than good. All I can say is “Wow” and “Thank you”!!! - S.M.
6. I was feeling unwell today and used Warrior - actually spilled onto myself and my clothing. Miraculously soon after I began to feel better. This oil is invaluable - I never want to be without it. - S.C.
7. I wanted to share with you my success with using your wonderful oils. A couple of weeks ago I developed some allergy symptoms, sneezing, LOTS of drainage down the back of my throat, etc. After a couple of days I realized that I was developing a sinus infection and possibly bronchitis. By coincidence I had an appointment with my Dr (a follow up visit for another matter), so while I was there, he diagnosed me with a sinus infection and prescribed amoxicillin. I went ahead and got it filled, but thought I would try the oils before taking it. I began using Respiratory Relief topically on my chest and rib cage, and I started taking Warrior internally: 4 drops in a capsule 3 times a day. I also rotated Warrior and Respiratory Relief in my nebulizing diffuser. Within 4 days, I no longer had any symptoms of infection. I still had a tickling cough, but I was able to resolve that with Peppermint, and Lemon oils in honey. This is the first time I have EVER not had to resort to antibiotics to get over a sinus infection. I am so susceptible to respiratory infections that any seasonal allergy attack or cold always leads to a sinus infection, and most of the time, bronchitis. I have gotten so tired of having to take antibiotics every two to three months year round. So needless to say, I am thrilled!! Thank you so much for allowing the Lord to use your wisdom to help others! God Bless you and your family. - M.W.
8. Our daughter has Cerebral Palsy, a feeding tube, two VP shunts and pretty severe brain damage from a cyst in her brain. Last week she began to run a 102-103 degree fever. We immediately took her to the emergency room. After blood work, chest X-rays and so on, they told us that they thought she might be starting to develop pneumonia because there was a slight haze on one area of her chest X-ray. They prescribed an antibiotic and gave her a shot as well. She is not able to walk much with out assistance and did not feel well enough to do much physical activity at all. The lack of physical activity is a real problem when it comes to respiratory illnesses in children with physical disabilities and older adults with mobility issues. Movement in a normal, healthy person helps to clear the lungs. I was very concerned because of this and decided to give her the antibiotic instead of trying the oils. After one dose of the antibiotic she had severe diarrhea and broke out in a rash. After calling her doctor and getting no help, I decided to go ahead and try the oils. I rubbed Warrior on her feet, and I also diluted the Warrior in coconut oil and rubbed some on her back and chest. Her nose seemed a little stuffy, so a couple of hours later I rubbed some Respiratory Relief on her feet and chest. Then I rotated Warrior and Respiratory Relief in our nebulizing diffuser. That night her fever was 100-101. The next day I did the same thing about 3 times. Her fever did not return, her nose was clear and she was back to being herself. The fourth day, I switched the Warrior for Plague Defense and repeated the same routine. She was still doing well, so I stopped all treatment, and she has been fine since. - M. W.
9. My son who has asthma typically gets a croupy cough for which he normally ends up having to use his inhaler. Warrior works REALLY, REALLY well for him doing the protocol that is on the website! He is 16, so we used the amount listed for that age group. Last time he caught something, he never even needed the inhaler because we got right on it with the Warrior. He's also using Lung Healing this time, and he says he can tell a big difference in how his lungs feel. - Vicki C.
10. My husband had an upper endoscope to see how his varacies were doing. Varacies are like varicose veins in his esophagus, and when they get too large they can rupture and, depending on how large they are, a person can bled to death if not treated within minutes. They were pretty much gone, and the MD was surprised! My husband mentioned that he wondered if using Warrior on his toothbrush had done that, because that is the only thing he had done different. I love the oils!!! - D.E.
11. God has really blessed your blends for bringing healing to my friends and family!!! Respiratory Relief works better than YL's RC and Lung Healing works way better than YL's Raven!! Your Warrior blend has protected my children from RSV once and the Hand Foot Mouth Virus TWICE!!!! Thank you so much for being available and for sharing your amazing gift from God;-) Blessings!!! - Mindy
12. My 7 Year old got strep, and instead of using antibiotics, I used Plague defense as suggested and Warrior! I Love Theses Essential oils! - Aresha
13. We are so thankful for the oils. Our daughter is immune suppressed, and we are using them more than ever. Last week our oldest came down with a cough, fever and congestion. I gave her two Warrior capsules (4 hours apart) and the fever was gone. Our immune challenged daughter got a fever two days later. I gave her one Warrior capsule, also put Warrior on her feet (as I had already been doing), and the fever was gone. We are soooo thankful. My most recent purchase from you included an oil we haven't tried before, Mom's Remedy, and we really like it too. Thanks for offering oils at such an affordable price. It really is a blessing to us. - Kim
Kim added: We purposefully don't give a fever suppressant like Tylenol etc . . . . a fever is the body's way of fighting. We attacked the virus with the oils, in this case Warrior, which took care of the virus, which took care of the need for a fever.
14. Oh My!!!! What a blessing!!! This is an anti-viral powerhouse. When we are all too sick even to sip on my old stand-by, elderberry tea, and hold it down, we have been rubbing Warrior essential oil into the soles of our feet to get that anti-viral benefit into our blood stream!!! I have heard and heard how nasty this stomach flu is this year, but all of us have comparatively mild cases, and I give credit to Hopewell Essential Oils!!!! - Vicki B.
15. My daughter woke up at 12:00 am on Easter morning screaming that her ear hurt. I was sure she had an ear infection. I kept visualizing us sitting in the ER all day on Easter. I remembered I had just ordered many of your oils. I put Warrior (the antibiotic formula) behind her ears and rubbed it on her feet. [HEO comment: Warrior is a *hot* blend and should be diluted. ] She immediately fell asleep for three hours straight. I repeated this process until 7:00 am, and when she woke up she said the pain was GONE!! Praise the Lord for your products. She had a slight fever but was well enough to run around and find her Easter eggs with her brother and cousins. Thank you!!! I also put a little of the Headache Relief on her forehead and temples when she said her head hurt and it went away immediately. I always tend to use homeopathic medicine, but was torn when having my children ingest anything, especially antibiotics. I will be ordering more Warrior soon. I do NOT want to run out of that. It's because of your ministry that we were able to have such an amazing Easter. God Bless you Always!!! - Shauna
16. You all know about yucky sulfur burps...the ones that can chase anyone away....LOL! 'Warrior,' our new little buddy in a bottle, got rid of these burps after a few hours. Usually this condition lasts for days! I myself personally came down with the yucky burps late after supper and immediately took a full capsule full of Warrior (about 20 drops) and repeated this before going to bed. I was burp free all night, and they did not return. My sister's also had the same results. We are all so happy we don't have to suffer with these burps anymore (or should we say everyone around us) ;-) - Elizabeth P.
[HEO's Comment: 20 drops of Warrior seems excessive. Burping is related to the parasympathetic nervous system, as is poor digestion, bloating, high cholesterol, weight gain, etc. A diet high in fats, fried foods, sugars, white wheat and red meat can lead to too much PNS and weight gain. It can also result in sinusitis, stuffy noses, chronic immune related problems in the head and chest. If you feel to give the Warrior a try, we'd suggest a single drop and fill the rest of the capsule with carrier oil.]
17. I had double mastitis, so I rubbed Warrior on my feet every couple of hours or so. It went away quickly and I didn't have to call my doctor for an anti-biotic! I was thrilled! I love your products and the wonderful info you provide on your website. Thank you so much! - Lisa
18. My husband is a quadriplegic and because of this, has a tube inserted from the outside of his body through his abdominal wall to drain urine directly from his bladder to a bag. As you might guess, with a direct line from the outside in, he is rife for urinary tract infections this way. He averages one infection a month (which is how often we change the catheter), which means he is nearly constantly on strong antibiotics, which of course are not good for his kidneys and just in general. But I started spraying Warrior diluted down with Tamanu oil on the stoma (the opening at the skin where the tube goes in his body), and having him take Cinnamon oil internally (5-6 drops in a capsule 2x a day), and he has been INFECTION FREE this entire month!!! We went through an entire catheter change with NO INFECTION!!! Go Warrior and Cinnamon Bark! Count me a believer. - Ami
19. I wanted to share a little testimony about Warrior. My 20 month old started randomly coughing around 5am on Monday. He had no other symptoms except that dry persistent cough. I started with the Warrior on his feet right away. 3 times per day-- just 1 drop diluted with coconut oil. He had a rough nap that day and some trouble with coughing that night. The next morning he woke up seeming so much better. His nose was draining a little so I could tell whatever was in his chest was breaking up. He coughed a little throughout the day and evening- but not persistently and was still able to sleep. Wednesday he was almost 100% better. I still continued with the Warrior up until yesterday. Wow, I am so impressed. Respiratory viruses have always been the hardest for my kids to fight off. Sometimes a cough can linger for 2 weeks and keep them from quality sleep for days! Even more impressive is my daughter didn't get this bug too! I was consistently applying Plague Defense on her feet and back every time I put the Warrior on my son. I'm so thrilled. Thank you, Linda, for selling quality oils. - Jenna
20. I swapped Plague Defense and Warrior on my kid's feet when they contracted Fifth's Disease this winter. They are 8 and 10 years old. It went rampant through their elementary school, and my kids never had any other symptoms (such as aches, fevers), and the duration was much shorter than most other children I know. - Tania
21. Warrior worked for my extreme neck and shoulder pain. I thought maybe it was because I had an infection and a lymph node was causing it. But, I had previous problem with my neck /shoulder, and Warrior cleared it right up. I had tried PainX, Strength, and Peppermint among other things. Warrior has some of the oils that are in Tiger balm. Maybe between that and the Oregano heating it up, I don't know, but it did work very well and very quickly. - Cammy
22. My 6 year old had fever and an intense ear pain that had lasted for several days in spite of my efforts. A friend recommend HEO's Warrior blend. That night I put one drop (mixed with olive oil) on his head right behind the affected ear, and one diluted drop on his foot. He woke up in the morning pain free! I continued this regimen for three more days to make sure it was really gone. The pain didn't come back. What a huge blessing! It made me a believer of Hopewell oils. - Julie
23. I used Ancient Defense with olive oil 2x per day on a wart, and Warrior on the feet 1x a day. It took maybe 6 weeks or less to go away. The Warrior was key to success. - Sunny
24. Warrior got rid of the wart!! My daughter had an annoying persistent wart. I had tried everything. I even milled my own wheat since the high levels of vitamin E with milled wheat is something that usually helps. I had tried everything. Finally I took the advice given here and used Warrior, diluted on her feet, and then I put a drop on the actual wart and covered it with duct tape. 3 DAYS LATER!!! Only 3 days and she came up to me and said, "Look mom, my plasma car ran over my foot and my wart is gone!!" It's completely gone - root and all. Yay!!! - Laura
25. I had a blister that popped before it was ready. It got infected and the skin was so cracked and deep, it needed 1-2 stitches. I applied Warrior directly to the wound, and it was completely scabbed over within 2 days! These oils are amazing! Thank you so much! - Teresa
26. I have had great results by applying Warrior to bottoms of kids' feet to stop nighttime coughing (literally stops coughing fits that keep kids awake). But after my most recent experience, I know I never want to be without it. I had a blister on my ankle from my rubber boots that I use around the farm. I didn't pay much attention to it because I figured it hurt because the boots kept rubbing it. We went on vacation, and after the first day of being on my feet all day I felt as though I might have a stress fracture on that ankle. When I looked at my ankle, I knew immediately it was badly infected. It was very swollen, very red and extremely painful with redness traveling throughout my foot and up my leg. I had my husband drain it, and then I applied Warrior all over my ankle and on the bandage. I kept it covered in the day and uncovered at night. I also took some Lemon essential oil orally. After a few days I am happy to report that the infection is gone. The wound is itchy indicating healing and no more swelling, pain or redness. Amazing and so happy I didn't have to interrupt our vacation with a hospital visit or end up on antibiotics that would have surely led to other issues! - G. A.
27. I've been having some sore gums and tooth pain in the bottom back. I use Plague Defense Tooth Suds. Starting last night I put one drop of Warrior on my "tad" of Suds and brushed. After 3 brushings all soreness, pain, and inflammation is gone! - Becky
28. My sister and I swear by Warrior and Plague Defense. We were the only ones not to get sick on a family vacation with the flu going around in our shared suite. My brother-in-law thinks we smell like Italian hoagies, but we dont' care! Thanks :) - Ashley
29. My future daughter-in-law had mono and felt better within hours of her first dose of Warrior with Thyme ct thymol and Ravensara. The sharp sore throat was GONE! She has been taking 11 drops via one capsule orally twice a day for the last week. Typically, a mono patient is exhausted! She feels MUCH better and has to remind herself to take it easy. Thank you so much!! - T.L. [HEO's comment: Oral use of essential oils is often over used and does have risks. Please dilute to avoid stomach irritation and consider that topical use is typically the more effective and safer choice.]
30. My 9-year-old daughter has been complaining about a sore throat the last few days. I looked in at her tonsils and I could tell she didn't have strep, but did notice that she had developed a couple of tonsil stones. I didn't do much initially because I hoped they'd resolve themselves. Well, tonight it was obvious she was getting more uncomfortable, possibly developing an infection. So, I diluted a couple of drops of Warrior into a carrier and rubbed it on her neck and belly. Twenty minutes later, she said, "Mom come quick...I just felt something weird in the back of my throat, and so I coughed and look what came out!" I'll spare you the gory detail, but rest assured that, sure enough, those tonsil stones came right out! :) Coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. We've also used Warrior in the past to effectively treat ear infections without antibiotics as well. I love this blend! - Kayleen
31. I was diagnosed with H. pylori for the second time in 6 months via a blood test a couple of weeks ago and referred to a gastro MD. I started my oils treatment again and coconut oil, taking care to be diligent and consistent this time. Eleven days later, I had an appointment with the new General Practitioner. I told her that I had been using the oils and asked for a repeat test. She gave me a different test that is more sensitive than the one I had previously. It was negative!!!!!! I plan to continue the treatment for a full month to make sure it is all eradicated. I am praising God and doing the happy dance!!!!!!! I never took the antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals that I was prescribed even though I took a lot of flack from my extended family about it.(They were just gravely concerned considering the consequences of untreated H. pylori infection. I would have taken the meds if I felt it was warranted, but the side effects and rate of cure was unacceptable to me.) First, I eat half of my meal. Then I drink 1/2 cup of filtered warm water with 1/2 Tablespoon of organic raw coconut oil. Then I swallow a vegetarian capsule filled with one drop of Warrior and filled the rest of the way with olive oil. I then finish my meal. I did this two to three times daily depending on how many meals I ate. I plan to continue this for 3 to 4 weeks. I am not suggesting anyone take the oils internally. However, for me, it seemed much safer than the alternatives I was offered. - Cammy
32. Initially, my husband was a little reluctant about my new found passion with the oils. One day he got back from work and complained about severe soreness in the area of his shoulder and upper arm. He said he was sure he had an inflammation. I applied diluted Warrior blend on that area with a roll-on applicator, and when I asked him an hour later about the pain, and he looked at me funny and said, “It hardly noticeable.” - Bernice
33. For poison ivy, put one dose of 5 drops of Warrior on the bottoms of the feet. Then put on socks for at least three hours. I had a young man come to me with it so bad that his whole face was red and swollen. We used the Warrior like this, and within 30 minutes his facial swelling was receding. Within 2-3 days he was completely healed. Only the one dose was needed. - Lana
34. My son-in-law is totally amazed at how quickly Warrior helped him to breathe when he had been miserable with sinus stuffiness. I mixed up a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil with 3 drops of Warrior, and he applied some to the bottoms of his feet. He hadn’t even gotten both of his socks back on, when I heard: “Is it just my imagination?” His nasal passages had caused him to feel awful all evening; after applying Hopewell’s Warrior, he acted like a 10-year-old who had just gotten what he wanted for his birthday. He reported today that he slept fine all night. - Donna J.
35. My grandfather had Lewy Body Dementia, and one time when he was in the hospital he got a "skin infection." It was nasty and migrated around his body (probably internally as well as externally), and we were pretty sure that it was MRSA. So my parents put a homemade oregano oil I had made in a crockpot full of coconut and olive oil over as much fresh Greek Oregano as I could cram in it. That oil stopped that infection in its tracks every time it popped up. Now I have Warrior on hand and it has helped with an infection our dog had after being spayed, as well as a bad scrape on my husband's knee that was showing signs of infection. It is now healing well. My husband particularly likes the Warrior blend, though he says it makes him hungry because it smells so good!: -)
36. I am an EMT and have gone back to school for nursing. In my microbiology class I got to experiment with essential oils for their germ killing qualities. I rubbed my hands on the floor to make sure they are good and nasty, touched them to petrie dish, then washed each finger with a different oil and touched that to the other side of dish. (I did this more than once).
Colloidal silver killed about half.
Cleansing oil, not so much - killed some.
Tea Tree did pretty well - only 2 colonies.
Clove, Plague Defense, Top Gun and Warrior killed EVERYTHING. Pristine dish - like I didn't do experiment. That was COOL. There are still so many in medical community that DON'T believe in the oils, but I do and I'm looking forward to putting them into practice however I can as a nurse. I read the comments from the nurse about Strength and Clove for stick sites, and I'm looking forward to practicing with those. - Margo
37. Right about the time when I first found your oils last year, I got a really painful bladder infection. I went to the doctor and he prescribed some antibiotics, but I really didn't want to take them if at all possible. I read about the Warrior blend, and I told myself I would give it 24-48 hours of drinking tons of water, taking d-mannose powder and applying diluted Warrior blend on my abdomen over my bladder area. The first time I applied it in the evening, I didn't notice any improvement in the pain. The second time, an hour later, I didn't notice anything either, but the third time, the pain seemed to go away immediately, and I was able to get a good night's sleep! I was stunned. Within just 2 days, the oils actually resolved my bladder infection, and I didn't have to take a 10-day course of antibiotics. Since then, I've been hooked. - Robin
Use caution when applying this oil to skin - it is recommended that you dilute it 1 drop in 5mLs of a carrier oil
Clove Medication Caution: Tisserand notes that "since eugenol significantly inhibits human MAO-A (Tao et al 2005), oral doses of eugenol-rich essential oils may interact with pethidine, indirect sympathomimetics, MAOIs or SSRIs." Caution is advised when Clove essential oil is ingested in conjunction with certain foods if taking MAO inhibiting antidepressants. Those containing tyramine, which include cheese, may precipitate a hypertensive crisis (Blackwell ? Mabbitt 1965), while tryptophan-containing foods may lead to elevated serotonin levels.
Oregano During Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Contraindications (all routes): Oregano is not on the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) list of oils to avoid or use with caution when pregnant or nursing. (Tisserand page 376).
Oregano with Children: Not for children orally of six years old or under, and use with caution and in greater dilution for children older than six (Tisserand p. 652-3). "Do not expose children of five years or less to strong essential oil vapors" (Tisserand p. 651).
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
See "Safety" on the Cinnamon Bark detail page for more detailed information.
See "Safety" on the Clove detail page for more detailed information.
See "Safety" on the Oregano detail page for more detailed information.
Schnaubelt Ph.D., Kurt, The Healing Intelligence of Essential Oils: The Science of Advanced Aromatherapy, Inner Traditions/Bear ? Company 2011.
Schnaubelt, Kurt, Medical Aromatherapy: Healing with Essential Oils, North Atlantic Books, 2013.
Tisserand, Robert, Essential Oil Safety, 2nd Edition 2014, pages 64, 249, 376, 651-653.