(See Essential Oil Usage
for more information and a dilution chart
Dilute with a carrier oil
, unscented lotion
or unscented cream
and apply on area of concern or as desired. Consider using a roll-on applicator
for ease of application of prediluted oil.
: According to Tisserand/Young "Any oil with 40% or more 1,8-cineole should not be applied to the face of infants or children or otherwise inhaled by them." Tisserand doesn't give a dilution ratio, as the percentage of 1,8-cineol varies with the specific oil. If you have Eucalyptus radiata with 1,8-cineole at about 60% and you merely add 50% carrier (traditionally we dilute much more than this!), that would reduce the percentage of 1,8-cineole by half to 30%, and it would fall within an acceptable range (based on Tisserand's warning). When applied appropriately diluted on the body (avoiding the face), I have not heard of a single report of harm.
or use a personal Nasal Inhaler
. Apply a few drops to a cotton handkerchief and inhale as needed.
Inhalation: Use with an inhaler or diffuse. Some
Internal: Allergy Relief blend is suitable for internal use within safe parameters if such use is deemed appropriate. We feel that internal use is rarely *needed* and should only be used with respect for how concentrated the oils are. HEO does not advocate internal use of essential oils without appropriate knowledge and understanding of how to administer, for what purpose, how much, which essential oils, safety concerns and so on. In our experience, essential oils are generally more effective used topically with proper dilution or inhaled. Kurt Schnaubelt Ph.D. notes that "French aromatherapy literature contains many references to using oils orally." He goes on to note that "generally 1 drop is always enough when ingesting essential oils." A potential toxicity hazard could occur when untrained people use essential oils orally and ingest too much. Keep in mind that while French doctors may prescribe essential oils for internal use, they are trained and experienced in the safe application of essential oils. It is not a matter using "French aromatherapy" or "British" methods, it's a matter of experience and appropriate application.
Click here for information about internal usage.
1. As a chronic air-borne allergy sufferer,
my first defense is to avoid the allergen if possible, especially if I am immune challenged at the time. Stress and loss of adequate sleep are the main culprits in my life for robbing me of my immune defenses. Allergy Relief works very well to reduce my allergy symptoms and it has really helped to drink plenty of filtered water (1/2 my body weight in ounces of water daily + Hopewell's Lymphatic Cleanse blend
2. I find that this blend diffused nightly helps me a lot with my allergies
. I also like to apply it to my neck and put a little on my face at the jawline. I like to drop a few drops on my handkerchief and especially like to mix a few drops into some Epsom Salts for a steamy hot bath. L.S.
3. I'm new to EOs, but am seeing great results. I'm so glad I found you! I've been taking Allergy Relief for about 3 months now and haven't had any allergy issues this spring. Everyone around me says that allergies are horrible this year, and I just reply, "Not mine! I started taking Allergy Relief from Hopewell Essential Oils." Hopefully, I can convince some others to try your products! Blessings to you all! I put a drop on my tongue every morning as part of my daily routine. I do it several minutes before brushing my teeth so it has time to absorb (doing it after makes it taste really bad). At first, I didn't like the taste, but I kept telling myself that my friend said that it really helped her allergies so I pushed through. I can't tell you exactly when I stopped thinking it was a bad flavor or when it started to work, I just noticed one day that for the first time in years, I wasn't sniffling, sneezing, rubbing my tired, itchy eyes or dealing with sinus pressure and headaches. Even better, I wasn't feeling tired all of the time! Unfortunately, I did wait too long to reorder, and as a result, I have spent the past few days in a tired fog. But, hey, it's still way better than loading my system with Claritin, Zyrtec, eye drops, nasal steroids, inhalers and the myriad of other things I was taking. - Joclyn D.
4. Prior to using Allergy Relief, I suffered with my allergies to the extent that Drs put me on medications and talked about a surgery. I've been taking it a drop on the back of my tongue daily, and I’ve had no sign of allergies until I ran out for 2 weeks. My nose started to get congested, and I purchased some more, and now it is fading away. I increased it to a drop on my tongue twice a day while I'm congested, and it works so good. I've told everyone I know who has allergy troubles. Thank you! - Alicia
5. Allergy Relief has blessed our family. After diffusing it for a couple of weeks, my husband noticed how much his allergies had improved. I have put in an order for your largest quantity bottle, as it has a nice price break. Thank you Hopewell Essential oils.
6. I use Allergy Relief. I put a drop on my tongue, but it didn't relieve the allergies
very long. I tried putting it on my chest and wrists diluted, and it is almost instant relief! It lasts a good 6 hrs too. - Lana
7. I like to put a drop of Allergy Relief under my tongue every morning for my seasonal allergies
- it works very well! - Dawn
8. I put Allergy Relief on my chest, neck and back of neck, and it works great
for me. - Lana
9. I have been using Allergy Relief now since Monday. I have taken it in a veggie cap, applied it to the bottoms of my feet and on my chest. I'm just trying to figure out the way it works best for me, ya know? Well, today, I felt sinus pressure/pain building up in my sinus cavities
on my cheeks/nose area and a sinus headache. Usually that pressure gets so bad there is not an NSAID on earth that can touch it, and I eventually end up at the doctor asking for my bi-yearly antibiotic. I decided to rub the Allergy Relief on my cheekbones and nose, and LITERALLY, within 10 minutes the pain was gone!! And it hasn't returned. AWESOME!!!!! (Said in my best high-pitch, sing-song-y voice!!!!) - Kim
10. My niece has been suffering with allergies
, and no Rx or OTC meds were helping. She has hives on her feet and hands especially, which itch like crazy. Today we mixed Allergy Relief with Evening Primrose oil. She rubbed it on her hands and feet, and literally within 3 minutes, the hives went TOTALLY AWAY!!!!! She feels 100% better now, 10 minutes later. Oils are so amazing. - Ami
11. I get fluid in my ears very frequently and had 4 different sets of tubes in my ears as a child. Sinus issues are a chronic condition for me. I have found great relief placing a few drops of the Allergy Relief blend diluted on a cotton ball in both ears for about 15 minutes. I can hear/feel the ear popping and draining. By the next day, the general feeling of ear stuffiness and the scratchy throat
I had as a result of the poor drainage is GONE. During allergy season, I find my ears are pretty aggressive in their intent to fill back up, so I usually have to do this about twice a week. I also rub it behind my ears and down the lymph node path on the neck that sinuses follow (hope that makes sense) daily as needed. - Kim
12. I was using the Allergy Relief oil on my son, and he seems so much better
. Even my skeptical husband started to use it and agrees it makes a big difference
! - Jennifer
13. I have had very severe allergies
that were not responding to any medication. Benadryl in very large doses was the only minimal relief I could get, but I could not use it because it would put me to sleep. Can't do that and work. Since using a drop of Allergy Relief under my tongue in morning and evening, the symptoms have dramatically reduced, including during a fight from a really bad cold, which would have put me down for a week. I'm 2 days fighting my cold on top of my worst allergy season, and I'm feeling great. My symptoms are minimal and tolerable without any other medication. I am so excited to learn what God has made naturally can help us. - G.C.
14. I found a winning combination for my allergies!
I made an allergy nose spray with Lavender and aloe vera
that I use every morning (and again if needed during the day). I apply diluted Allergy Relief topically. One really bad day I put a drop of Allergy Relief on my tongue (diluted), and even though the pollen is way up, I felt much better. I'd been struggling all winter, and now I'm almost symptom free. Thank you so much for thoughtful, quality products! - Margie
15. Allergy Relief has been very helpful to fight my daughter's seasonal allergies
. - Carola
16. My husband LOVES the Allergy Relief blend. He has pretty terrible seasonal allergies
with lots of sniffing and sneezing,
and even over-the-counter allergy medication hasn't worked. He uses a nasal inhaler
and also puts a few drops of the blend in a veggie cap, and his symptoms disappear!
17. I have terrible allergies and have not been able to enjoy my summers for many, many years. I have taken over-the-counter medicine that helps, but symptoms are still present and I still get miserable. I ordered a sample of Allergy Relief from you, and I just want you to know that I am sold! Prior to getting this, I was not able to be outside this summer for more than 15 minutes. It just broke my heart that I couldn’t enjoy doing things with my kids (ages 16, 13 and 10) in my favorite season! I got Allergy Relief just before the beginning of August. I was a little nervous at the beginning of August, as we have an all day, week long Cowboy Camp that we do at our church. It is outside, around horses, and of course, in the heat of August! (I live in Indiana). I applied the oil on in the morning and took take my bottle with me. On most days, I also applied again in the afternoon. I was fine all week! I have also been able to mow our lawn, which I have not been able to do since I was 9! Nine years old!! I am very excited that I have finally found something that works so that I can once again do things that I enjoy! I also have a friend who has witnessed this difference. At a previous event, we were at an outside graduation party and she saw how my eyes got red, itchy and swollen. At family camp, she couldn’t believe the difference. She was amazed that I was able to be outside that week at Cowboy camp. I am so very grateful for what you are doing. I have told numerous people - I even gave my sample to a friend for her to make some up to try on her daughter. - Paula
18. My daughter started off taking 2 capsules of Allergy Relief daily, and that eliminated the need to take medications. Now she takes one a day, no medications and has no sniffles or need for blowing the nose! I use 2 drops on the back of my hand and have not had any vertigo trouble. - Gina
[HEO's Comment: See internal usage information under Application Suggestions. Usually a drop or two is plenty, and please dilute with a carrier oil to minimize risk of irritation.]
19. My granddaughter (age 9) recently came to visit me over spring break. She was having terrible allergies at the time that would cause her eyes to swell almost completely closed! Her mother was having her bathe 2-3 times a day just to keep the pollen off of her. I picked her up in the morning, and by the time we got to my house (just an hour later), she was doubled over in the seat with her arms over her swollen eyes. Once home, I got my Allergy Relief out, and she used the blend immediately, placing it behind her ears and down her neck and beneath her nose. We did this throughout the day whenever we would think about it. If she sneezed, sniffled or rubbed an eye… we pulled out our oil! We had planned several outdoor activities for the next couple of days, and she did great the whole visit! We went to the zoo, an outdoor museum, the park… nothing was prohibited by her allergies! She had some sniffles and a bit of redness around her eyes, but nothing but mild symptoms. She has continued to use the Allergy Relief at home and hasn’t had the swollen eyes since. I believe the key to her success was our consistent use of the blend. - Sherri
20. I use your Allergy Relief when I get bug bites, and it actually does help to relieve the itching! I am especially fond of how this one smells, as well. - Savannah