The following are things to consider. Although we don’t have research data to point to, there are plenty of cases where once these issues are considered and corrected, people have reported diminished fibromyalgia symptoms.
1. Fibromyalgia may indicate a toxic and/or acidic liver
Test your pH levels throughout the day. There are fairly easy ways to adjust the diet to more alkalizing foods. Essential oils are alkalizing, especially when added to each glass of water.
2. Consider a good liver cleanse
3. Apply Pain-X as desired for pain, especially on the outside of the top of the shoulders.
4. Back Massage once a week if possible
5. No coffee, prescriptions, alcohol (wean off slowly)
6. Avoid dairy, meats, gluten, sugar
7. Consume fermented foods and beverages
8. Use a good vitamin/mineral supplement
9. Consider a good MSM, Calcium/Magnesium, Fish oil and Turmeric supplement
10. Drink ½ your body weight in ounces of water daily, and add a sqeeze of fresh citrus to each glass
11. Consider that the thyroid may be part of the problem. Dr. Mark Starr was a pain specialist for many years and discovered that many of his patients had low thyroid (hypothyroidism). Arthritis, rheumatism, fibromyalgia and many other chronic “unexplained” diseases were reversed by regulating the thyroid. Here’s a simple test: Test your basal temperature upon awakening and before rising and use a mercury thermometer if available or the new alcohol glass thermometer (digital ones fluctuate during consecutive readings and are a poor third choice). Place the thermometer snugly in the armpit for 10 minutes before rising. Temperature readings of 97.8-98.2 are considered normal. Readings below 97.8 are highly indicative of hypothyroidism. Do this for several days. A small child may be tested by rectal temperature for 2 minutes, and 98.6-99.2 would be considered normal.
Fibromyalgia Recovery Group - Iodine Prococol
Fibromyalgia and Natural Cures (Dr. Teitelbaum) by Becky Plotner
The Simple Fibromyalgia Treatment that’s Nearly Always Overlooked by Dr. Mercola
Treating Fibromyalgia With Low Dose Naltrexone
1. I suffered with fibromyalgia for over five years. I could not clean my home, vacuum, take long driving trips, lift my grandchildren or shop for any length of time because the pain was crippling. My MD put me on Celebrex, which did help some. On a scale of 1-10, my pain was reduced to about a 7. Then a study revealed that Celebrex was damaging to the kidneys, liver and bladder, but I didn’t want to give it up! Shortly after this I was introduced to a lady who had also suffered with crippling fibromyalgia for a number of years, but she was practically pain free. She told me that she’d been taking a product with MSM (the protein-building compound found in breast milk). I ordered a bottle and after taking it for one week I stopped taking Celebrex, and after two weeks, 80% of my pain was consistently gone! My pain is never over "1."
2. I’ve had fibromyalgia since I was 9 years old. My list of symptoms would make a small book. I was declared severely disabled by the Social Security Administration for over 30 years. I was constantly in severe, crippling pain, was profoundly fatigued and could not do or accomplish much of anything. About the time that my doctor told me I had some occlusions in the blood vessels in my legs, I was introduced to essential oils. I’d heard of lots of “cures” over the years, none of which had done much for me. I will admit I was very skeptical, but with the latest issue with my blood vessels, I decided to give them a try. Since I didn’t expect much to happen, I will say I used a lot of different oils, and used them a lot. I didn’t have much of a plan, but Pain-X became my favorite right off. I put citrus oils in my water, and tried to consciously drink more of it, and fairly quickly (like within a week) I started feeling more energy and less pain. Within a month, the occlusions in my legs had cleared to the point that my doctor assumed there had been a misdiagnosis. I felt stronger, more energy, more flexible, and was just about free of pain. I’m no longer on medications and feel better than anyone I know of who has fibromyalgia. The oils have given me a reason to live - I can’t tell you how grateful I am. May the Lord bless you!
4. I lived for too many years in terrible pain from migraine headaches and fibromyalgia. [Linda’s comment: we’ve seen that both of these can be greatly reduced once the body is no longer acidic and people get serious about drinking ½ their body weight in ounces of filtered water daily - especially when they also add a fresh-squeezed citrus to each glass.] My doctor predicted that I’d be in a wheelchair by the time I was forty. I exhausted many avenues of conventional medicine and finally opened my heart to alternatives. I started applying Pain-X and Respiratory Relief and taking an MSM supplement. Within a month, my pain was drastically reduced and the migraines were a thing of the past. Within 6-8 months, the pain was gone - totally! I gained my life back and now exercise daily.
5. I used to suffer with Fibromyalgia, and this is what I discovered:
FMS is usually characterized by non-specified pain in multiple joint areas of the body. Non-specified meaning that there is no obvious cause for the pain such as injuries, trauma and so on. Chronic fatigue is a symptom as in poor sleep patterns. It’s a vicious cycle of pain, fatigue and loss of sleep, so more fatigue and pain. I found that a lot of the symptoms can be reduced or virtually eliminated by doing a good cleanse (a toxic liver and colon can add to the pain) and maintaining good health with good supplements as well. I can’t emphasize enough how important Linda’s advice to drink ½ your body weight in ounces of filtered water daily is. To this, you’ll greatly benefit your body by adding a few drops of fresh-squeezed citrus to keep the toxins moving out. Being properly hydrated will help keep the shock-absorbing fluid around the joints. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. You want to flush out heavy metals and toxins - which might ultimately be the culprit for all the pain to begin with. I am very pleased with using Pain-X as needed.
6. My FMS symptoms are continuing to disappear, but it didn’t happen overnight. I’m using the oils and drinking lots of water. My conclusion is that I was very toxic, and my body needed to be cleaned. I wished I’d believed that in the beginning, I would have done a major colon and liver cleanse, but over time of drinking the water with the essential oils (15 drops per ½ gallon of a blend of Peppermint, Lemon and Grapefruit), using oils topically for pain (Pain-X is super), and I diffuse oils all the time (on a timer) so that I’m constantly breathing in these wonderful oils.
7. I had severe Chronic Lyme disease for 16 years. Fibromyalgia is similar to Lyme disease, but instead of intense fatigue, the patient has intense pain, but otherwise the symptoms are very similar. Speculation has it that Fibromyalgia may be caused by stress or environmental factors such as heavy metal poisoning or infections such as herpes. The Lyme disease specialist I saw told me that he frequently has patients come to him who have been misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia when in fact they have Lyme disease. My suggestion is to start with a good cleanse, colon first and then the liver. The adrenals need a lot of protein and a great vitamin/mineral supplement. Pain-X is tops for the pain, and taking oils like Warrior internally or on bottoms of feet twice daily would deal with a hidden infection and boost the immune response.
8. I had severe symptoms of fibromyalgia for 10 years before turning to natural alternatives. Today all my symptoms are gone. Here’s what I consider most crucial:
Do a colon cleanse followed by a liver cleanse
No coffee, alcohol, sugar, refined foods, fried foods and avoid meat
Take an effective vitamin/mineral supplement
Essential Fatty Acids (for example, cod liver oil)
Eat lots of raw vegetables and juice if possible to give your body a nutritional boost. Eating small meals is more healing than a few large meals.
Exercise gently and build up. Walking is a good way to start.
Essential Oils: Arctic Ice, Sunshine (uplifting), Digestion Support, Valerian (for sleep) and Peaceful (for nerves)
9. My daughter-in-law gave me a blend of half coconut oil and half Pain-X. It has worked GREAT! I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure and am a diabetic. The Pain-X combo worked so terrifically for me that I am anxious to try more oils and want to help my sister-in-law with her pains too! (Linda’s comment: Donna was taking pain medication every couple hours or so for the pain, it was so bad. At the time I added her testimony to this site, she'd been off pain medication for three weeks! We also urged her to dilute the blend more!)
10. My mother loves your Pain-X for her fibromyalgia pain and Valerian to help her sleep. She says she has a new lease on life.
11. I took a ton of medication for my chronic fibromyalgia pain. I walked with a cane and rarely did much of anything. My nerves were shot, I couldn’t sleep and wasn’t worth much to be around - I was just a miserable person all the way around. I wanted to die. A good friend who loved me despite myself, sent me a bottle of your Pain-X and Muscle Relax in roll-on applicators. I reluctantly started using them, and much to my surprise, I actually felt much better. I used them a lot and asked for more! Over the next 3 months I weaned myself off all the medications and pain killers and felt 20 years younger. I drank ½ my body weight in ounces of filtered water. I started using more oils: Sunshine (to help pull me out of depression), Peaceful (to help me sleep) and Plague Defense (on the bottoms of my feet to boost my immune system). In less than 6 months, most all of my fibromyalgia symptoms were gone, and I’d weaned myself off the anti-depressants so I was totally drug free and using essential oils and supplements exclusively for my health needs. I was a new person emotionally and physically. - Lorin
12. Raindrop-type massage helped my mother, who’s had fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis for many years. I’d venture to say that she’s in remission for the first time in over 15 years. Her favorite oil is Pain-X or just Helichrysum Substitute Blend. Her body responds very quickly to both of these blends.
13. My niece shared some of your Pain-X with me on our recent vacation, and I was astounded at the relief it gave me for nerve damage and fibromyalgia. I hardly had to take any pain medication. It even helped with TMJ pain. Great stuff!!!!! - R. T.
14. I suffered with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis for years. I took pain meds three times a day for the pain, and then I learned about your oils and decided to give them a try. Pain-X diluted 25:75 with fractionated coconut oil was fantastic. I felt better and better not taking the pharmaceutical medication. Sadly, on my next visit to the MD, he convinced me that I needed to take the medication, even though he confirmed that I had no degeneration during the time I was off the medication. But, I dutifully went back on it, and family members close to me noted that I had a marked change in my mental capabilities right away - even before they knew that I'd started taking the medication again!
15. MY MIL used Pain-X for Fibromyalgia and dropped the meds she had been on since she got to feeling so much better. After a couple years, a Dr convinced her to go back on the Rx. I noticed a marked change in her when she went back on the meds; her voice sounded sleepy and foggy when we'd talk. She just didn't seem to have the same energy. Just recently she had me order her some more Pain-X because the Rx wasn't dealing with the pain as well as the oils did. - Rita
16. I've had fibro for years. As far as oils go that have helped me, well I have tried many combos to find what works best. The blend that I seem to go to most often is this: In a 10ml roller bottle I put:
20 drops Muscle Relax
20 drops Cedarwood
20 drops Peppermint.
Fill it up with a carrier oil. It's a pretty strong dilution (20%), but I have pretty severe flare ups and lots and lots of muscle pain and inflammation. I roll it all over my back and massage it in, and it really does help me a lot. - Dorian
[HEO's Comment: Consider our Bamboo ReachAll wand to help reach the back with the roll-on applicator.]
17. I've suffered from fibromyalgia for 20+ years. Just 6 months ago I changed my diet and added anti-inflammatory herbs (lots of turmeric). I stay away from all preservatives and keep sugar to a minimum, especially refined and artificial sugars, and I am much improved. Essential oils help with the symptoms, but to get to the root of the cause, which is inflammation, makes a world of difference. - Josie
18. Lemon in my water daily has completely eliminated my fibro symptoms. - Susan
[HEO's Comment: Fresh-squeezed lemon may help alkalize, and the combination of alkalizing and drinking plenty of filtered water has a wonderful impact on may health issues. Our suggestion is to use fresh sqeezed lemon over an essential oil.]
18. I mixed equal amounts (3 drops each) of Solace and Valerian in my diffuser. I've been diagnosed with degenerative joint disease (DJD, that is, osteo arthritis.) Normally, I can't even sit up at 11 pm. With fibromyalgia, I've found it useful to use essential oils that calm the central nervous system (CNS.) May the good Lord guide you to the oils that work best for you. I'm praying for you if you're reading this! - Becca
19. I want to mention something I discovered in my health journey this year which may help someone else. I was having issues with my asthma, bad enough that I went back on Singulair (have been off it for years). Eventually my joints and muscles became painful all the time, to the point of waking me up in the night. I went to my craniosacral MT faithfully with no positive results. One day we were talking and I suddenly made connections...... years ago when I first went on a different leukotriene receptor antagonist I developed fatigue and muscle and joint pain. My MT knew of a herbal remedy for allergies called D Hist so I transferred over to that (D Hist worked, but I also made sure to avoid my worst allergens). It took a couple of months for the pain to subside. Anyhow, if anyone has been diagnosed with something like "fibromyalgia" (a garbage can diagnosis because they can't find what's wrong with you), look at your medication list. I would never have though Singulair (or Accolate the one I was on years ago) would be the cause of the pain and fatigue. It's not on the list of side effects. I am thankful God helped me make the connection and that there was an herbal concoction that I could take instead. - Jane