Myrtle (Myrtus communis), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Eucalyptus globulus, Eucalyptus radiata, Copaiba (Copaifera langsdorfii), Peppermint (Mentha piperita), Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), Laurel Leaf (Laurus nobilis)
Due to skin irritation risk with Laurel Leaf, it is not suitable for children under 2. Do not apply on or near the face of a child under 10. See Safety information below. For a Gentle Blend suitable for children, the elderly or those with delicate constitutions, consider our Breathe Easy Gentle Blend
Incompatibility: High Blood Pressure medication (orally), Anesthesia and Sedatives (all routes), Diabetes medication (orally); Cardiac Fibrillation (topical and oral), Cigarette Smoking (inhalation risk), G6PD Deficiency, Major Surgery
Alive essential oil blend may support, aid, ease, soothe, reduce, calm, relax, promote and/or maintain healthy function.
Smell, regain sense of
(See Essential Oil Usage
for more information and a dilution chart
Dilute with a carrier oil
, unscented lotion
or unscented cream
and apply on area of concern or as desired. Consider using a roll-on applicator
for ease of application of prediluted oil. The maximum safe topical use is 7.5%.
Do on use on or near the face of a baby or young child. See safety information at the bottom of the page.
Inhalation: Diffuse or use a personal Nasal Inhaler
Add a few drops of Alive to bowl of hot, steaming water. Place a towel over your head and the water/oil mixture and inhale the steam to open sinuses. This may help relieve breathing difficulties related to flu, colds and pneumonia.
For children, see safety information below.
The following anecdotal testimonies have not been reviewed by the FDA.
The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure disease.
Information shared on the HEO website is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice given by your trusted health care provider.
We believe that essential oils are provided by the Lord to support our health and well-being.
The Lord is our wisdom, protector and healer.
(Genesis 1:29-30, Ezekiel 47:12)
1. I have used Alive and Peppermint to regain my sense of smell
. Multiple times daily, I put a drop in my palm, rub my palms together and then tent my hands over my nose and breath deeply several times. It took consistency and patience, but I'm getting there.
2. I had a history of sinus infections since I was very young, and one of the side effects of all the meds and infection caused me to lose my ability to smell. I purchased Alive, and inhaled it all day long as I could, and it definitely helped clear all nasal congestion
. I purchased a Pro diffuser and a larger bottle of Alive, and diffuse my bedroom through the night, and now I'm regaining my ability to smell
. Not only can I detect smells, but I've not been so well in all my life!
3. Our son has had wonderful results with Respiratory Relief
and Alive for his allergies/asthma
. Such a blessing! - Danielle
4. I love Alive - we use it for allergy flare ups
. - Sue
5. I am often excited about my oils! Today I am most excited about the Alive blend. I awoke with a terrible, and I mean terrible, sinus headache
. I put a drop of Alive on my hands, rubbed them together and tented them over my mouth and nose. I breathed in the vapors for a few minutes, and my sinus headache is down to a dull roar. I also notice that when I do that my itching allergy eyes feel better too. No, don't put the oil in your eyes!!!! I am so glad I read a post here about how much someone loved the Alive blend, so I thought I'd shout about it some too! - Tammy
6. I am so impressed with the Alive blend that I purchsed it for my friend to try as well. Thanks! - Jeff
7. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve had the worst lung infection again, I am in my 11th day, and your lung blends Alive and Bacteria Top Gun have kept me alive. I stopped using the pharmaceutical drugs a long time ago because they have thinned my skin and lowered my immune system response. The steroids have enlarged my heart. I have double lung disease, emphysema including COPD with some aspects of asthma attached, rendering my lung usage at less than 70%. I stopped the salbutamol and ipratropium (sp) in my nebuliser and instead have been using your lung oils with water, and sometimes saline mixed with it. Although I have probably coughed up 4 pint glasses of nastiness, I am not so painfully breathless today, and I walked down the stairs slowly for the first time in over a week. Thank you for your oils, they are a blessing to me and are keeping me alive, for however long. - Dawn
8. Plague Defense usually wards off anything we catch, but this time with my son's asthma component, he hasn’t gotten better with normal things I do with Plague Defense. I added layering Frankincense, and there was improvement but not enough after 4 days. I ordered Alive blend. I applied it to his back, chest and feet (top under toes, bottom in middle of feet and under pads of toes.) Within minutes his peak flow went up 50 points and within 30 minutes another 40. - Dana
CAUTION for Children
: Essential oils high in 1,8-cineole (Eucalyptus) or menthol (Peppermint) can cause CNS and breathing problems in young children, and should not be applied to or near their faces under ten years of age (Tisserand, pages 656-657, 273). Tisserand writes: "Any oil with 40% or more 1,8-cineole should not be applied to the face of infants or children or otherwise inhaled by them" (page 109). Appropriately diluted for the child, the blend will fall well-within the range of safe use, as it would contain far less than 40% 1,8-cineole. Regarding inhalation/diffusing, Tisserand writes: "For children of 5 years old or less, direct inhalation should be avoided. Direct inhalation includes inhaling essential oils from the hands, a cotton ball, a nasal inhaler, a bowl of hot water or similar. Indirect, or ambient inhalation, is safe for young children, and includes any method that vaporizes essential oils into the air (page 658).”
Peppermint Contraindications: Cardiac fibrillation, G6PD deficiency.
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.
Tisserand, Robert; Young, Rodney, Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professionals, Elsevier Health Sciences UK 2nd Edition 2014, pages 273, 387, 656-658.