One of the first things to consider when battling painful inflammation and joints is that you eat a well-balanced diet, avoid fatty food and get plenty of exercise, outdoors if possible. Perhaps one of the best things you can do for yourself is drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily. Figure this out and place the correct amount of water in glasses or jars. Adding citrus oils as desired or our LYMPHATIC CLEANSE may help also. Then make sure you drink all that water in one day. Many times our body is just dehydrated, and our painful joints are "screaming" at us to drink!
Gut Bacteria May Cause Rheumatoid Arthritis by Beth Skwarecki (Science Magazine, Nov 2013)
Protease, serrapeptase and also other digestive enzymes reduce inflammation, purify blood and also help heal the gut. The gut needs healing in any type of autoimmune reaction. The dosage of high protease enzymes is very high (taken on an empty stomach), but it doesn't have to continue too long, so the cost is temporary. Longvida Cucurmin might help with the inflammation. A diet that majors in organic, colorful vegetables is important because joint pain and inflammation are often caused by toxins in the joints, and the pH balance of people with rheumatoid arthritis is usually quite acidic. So anything which strongly reduces acidity would be of help. This is where the enzymes prove important, as they help purify toxins and may help balance pH a bit too. Serrapeptase & Rheumatoid Arthritis by Robert Redfern
Essential oils work wonderfully for joint pain. Many help reduce inflammation and increase circulation, which bring healing in some cases.
1. I had severe joint pain and had trouble dressing myself until I discovered MSM. I drink ½ my body weight in ounces of water daily, add MSM and citrus essential oils as desired (in glass not plastic!). I use PAIN-X as needed, which seems to also have helped reduce the inflammation and allowed my body to heal.
2. I had joint pain in both knees which impaired walking. I used PLAI and LAVENDER and achieved almost instant pain relief.
3. After Linda mixed up this oil, she asked me (I'm Linda's mother) to try it on my frozen finger joint. It'd been frozen for over a year and very painful, especially if I bumped it. I didn't experience uncomfortable heat with FIRE POWER at all, but I also didn't experience immediate pain relief either. After a couple hours I noticed that the finger moved a bit. It was bedtime, but when I awoke in the night I reapplied Fire Power. By morning I could hardly wait to call Linda. Not only did the finger move, but I also could make a fist, unscrew jar lids and there was NO PAIN!
4. Although I have arthritis in my hands, I still love to garden. I discovered something I felt I should share about using PAIN-X. I used to use it after I gardened, but I started using it before, and the results are fantastic! The pre-application prevents the pain from ever occurring!
5. I've tried a lot of oils for my joint pain but have found that VETIVER is remarkable for this. I applied on the tender bone and surrounding tissues, neat (undiluted) and felt relief within 5 minutes.
6. I have finally settled on using a blend of VETIVER, BIRCH and PEPPERMINT to get relief for my arthritic shoulder. I rub it in and do very careful stretching exercises and the pain disappears.
7. I had very stiff and painful joints in my hands but am still very active. I almost resorted to using prescription medication when I talked to Linda. She suggested that I try her FIRE POWER and warned me that it might stain and so on. This blend is amazing! I was able to do heavy landscaping work around our place, and by using Fire Power, my hands didn't get sore a bit. Wow!
8. Oh Bless the Lord!!! Let me tell you our testimony. My husband came home early because of the pain in his back. I have had to dress and undress him for 2 days. I bent down to take his shoe off and he screamed in pain at the way I lifted his leg. About 10 minutes later I applied the FIRE POWER. I asked him if it burned and he said, "No." I went about doing my things and left him to rest. He came briskly walking in the room just a little over an hour later with a smile on his face and said "It worked!!" We are both thankful and impressed. He still has some pain, but now he can get up and move around.
9. My husband has been fighting tendonitis, so I got him a couple different things from hopewelloils.com, and they have helped him tremendously! He went one day to help unload the semi at our Angelfood distribution, and it was really bothering him so he took some of his migraine strength Advil and it didn't help. So, I sent him home to get the "FIRE POWER" oil to try. We had just gotten it the day before so he hadn't had a chance to try it yet when he was in pain. It takes about 7 minutes to get from home to church, and before he got back, the pain was gone.
10. I injured my knee and had a badly inflamed joint. The best combination for me was: PLAI (with a carrier oil diluted 10% essential oils to 90% carrier) combined with equal parts of BLACK PEPPER, LEMON or NEROLI, CEDAR WOOD and ORANGE. This combination reduced the swelling, calmed pain and speeded up the healing process considerably. One application could last about 18 hours!
11. After having my second knee surgery, I applied a combination of PLAI, NUTMEG and LEMON in equal amounts diluted 1:9. I put this in a roll-on applicator and applied above and below the surgical area. Tissue inflammation and swelling was significantly lower than on my other knee that had had the same surgery without the use of Plai. I didn't need to take any pain meds since this combination alone controlled the pain.
12. PAIN-X takes away the arthritic pain in my hands almost immediately, but using REGENERATION has almost completely healed my hands from having the pain to start with! - A.R.
13. After much trial and error, my husband layers on 3 blends: PAIN-X, BONES AND JOINTS, and REGENERATION, and this works best for his arthritis. Also, rather than relying on Advil or aspirin, we fill gel caps with organic turmeric-it's a powerful anti-inflammatory! We hike 6 days a week to keep supporting muscles and joints lubricated. Many blessings! - Karen
14. I have arthritis in my knees, they sound like they have sand in them, and with my hip replacement for some reason they bother me, BUT, when I use BONES AND JOINTS on my knees, the pain goes away. - Carly
15. I have used Pain X on my arthritic knee. It helped the pain a bit, but not a lot. I briefly tried Arctic Ice, but that did not seem to help much. Most recently I have been using plain MARJORAM (with almond oil as the carrier). This has actually helped the most. It takes the pain down to about half of normal, and it feels very comforting - like a warm gentle hug on my knee. That probably sounds strange, but I don't really know how else to describe it. It just gives a comforting feeling. - Joy
16. My mother has psoriatic arthritis and uses PAIN ARREST, the PSORIASIS BLEND and NERVE PAIN. - Stacy
17. In regards to oils, we've seen good results with Hopewell's REGENERATION and STRENGTH (formerly Bones and Joints). At first, I like Regeneration better; now I like Strength. Frankincense has anti-inflammatory properties, so it would be good to consider - alone or layered on top of the other blend. My husband also takes Hi-Active Tart Cherry capsules. - Theresa
18. I mixed 10-12 drops of each of REGENERATION and STRENGTH blends with almond oil in a roller bottle and use it for pain anywhere needed (usually requires two applications about 30 minutes apart), and almost without fail, my pain is gone. My 86-year-old mother has hip/thigh/knee pain that makes walking difficult. I applied this to all of those areas, and her pain was gone! She uses it daily now. I gave it to a co-worker for her knee and shoulder pain, and within an hour she was pain free. We use it for arthritic and muscle pain, plantar fascitis - you name it, it works. We love this stuff and I share it with everyone I know that has pain issues. - Kelley
19. I mixed equal amounts (3 drops each) of SOLACE and VALERIAN in my diffuser. I've been diagnosed with degenerative joint disease (DJD, that is, osteo arthritis.) Normally, I can't even sit up at 11 pm. With fibromyalgia, I've found it useful to use essential oils that calm the central nervous system (CNS.) May the good Lord guide you to the oils that work best for you. I'm praying for you if you're reading this! - Becca