Geranium (Pelargonium x asperum), Rosewood (Aniba roseadora), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata), Jasmine Grandiflorum absolute,* Bergamot (Citrus bergamia), Frankincense (Boswelia frereana/carterii), Lavender (Lavendula angustifolia), Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium), Palmarosa (Cymbopobon martinii), Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), Black Spruce (Picea mariana), Amyris (Amyris balsamifera), Copaiba (Copaifera langsdorfii), Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), Australian Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum), Sandalwood Mysore (Santalum album), Rose Flower extract (Rosa centifolia), May Chang (Litsea cubeba), Clove Stem (Eugenia caryophyllata), Osmanthus Flower Absolute (Osmanthus fragrans), Rose (Rosa damascena, Angelica Root (Angelica archangelica), Hyssop ct decumbens (Hyssopus officinalis)
Children? Not suitable for children under 2 due to potential skin irritation issues.
This blend is also available as a moisturizing spray.
This uplifting blend may help alleviate allergy attacks and symptoms. It may help clear the mind, reduce stress, anxiety and uplift mood.
Application Suggestions (see Essential Oil Usage for more information and a dilution chart)
Topical: Dilute with a carrier oil and apply as desired. Angelica Root and Bitter Orange are phototoxic and should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight unless adequately diluted to 6% or less (which is 1 drop of Balance to 16 drops of carrier).
SPRAY: Balance makes a wonderful spray. To make a spray, simply decide on the appropriate dilution ratio, add the number of drops to the spray bottle, and then fill with the carrier oil of your choice. For example, for 0.5% Balance in a 1oz bottle, put 4 drops Balance blend in the bottle then fill with carrier oil.
Inhalation: Directly inhale; Diffuse
1. I had a lot of trouble sleeping until I tried Balance. This blend is a "must have" for me and works wonderfully!
2. I received my oils last week. I love them!!! I mixed Balance and Serenity last night. I used that along with Dr. Hull’s Sleep and actually slept the entire night. I haven't slept an entire night through in forever! Thank you so much!!! - Jacqueline
3. Allergy sufferers in our house LOVE Balance for going to bed...it smells beautiful--think about a lush rose garden--AND it helps clear up the sinuses for sleep. (Allergies are really affecting everyone after even just a couple of hours in the beautiful weather and terrible pollen (in FL)--especially bad if I open the windows to freshen up the house! - Christy
4. I didn't like the smell of Balance when I first got it. I am more drawn to the fruity scents rather than the floral scents. I still don't love the smell, but I have learned that my body wants and needs this oil everyday, or sometimes every other day, to help balance me out and calm me down. Much, much stress in this season of life. It is a treasured blessing! Thank you! - Jenn
5. I have used Balance for something you don't have it specifically labeled for. I kind of discovered it accidentally, myself. :-) But I experimented and discovered that it was the thing making a difference in my suppressed hormones. I didn't have any blood work done, so I can't be too specific, but I have had seriously messed up and depleted hormones for quite a bit of my life. For several years I had no period at all and a number of related symptoms. I had made a lot of improvement but still had irregular periods, and I rather suspected that I had both low estrogen and low progesterone. I used Vitex in herb form, natural progesterone cream, ashwaghanda and various other things at different times in the past. I tried Balance to help with sleep issues and discovered that when I used it, my periods came on time, but when I didn't, they were late again. Then I finally had to stop using it topically because my heart would beat harder, and I even had some palpitations. At first this happened only at certain times of the month, and then it started happening every time I put it on. Due to this cardiac involvement, I suspect it raises the estrogen levels, which was a good thing for me! - Savannah
*Jasmine Grandiflorum is an absolute from India - Premium quality from the freshest flowers. Jasmine is actually an "essence" not an essential oil. Absolutes are solvent extracted products. They are produced by a multi-step process which involves first extracting the flower (or other biomass) with a non-polar solvent such as hexane. After the hexane is evaporated, a waxy product is obtained called the concrete. The concrete is then extracted using a polar solvent such as ethanol. The polarity of ethanol allows extraction of the volatile aromatics from the concrete while leaving behind the non-polar plant waxes which don't dissolve well in ethanol. Finally, the ethanol is evaporated to leave behind the absolute, which will typically have 1-5% ethanol remaining in it and sometimes a trace of hexane, depending on the method used.
Angelica Root and Bitter Orange are phototoxic and should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight unless adequately diluted (0.08%).
Avoid contact with the eyes and other sensitive areas. Essential oils are both lipophilic and hydrophobic. Lipophilic means they are attracted to fat—like the membranes of your eyes and skin. They are also hydrophobic, meaning they do not like water. Flushing with water will only send the essential oil back to the eye's membranes. Applying a carrier oil will create another fat for the essential oil to be attracted to other than the membranes of the eyes or skin. We’ve not known this to cause permanent injury or long-term discomfort, but if you feel concerned, please call your health care provider.