Dr Lam wrote about Adrenal Fatigue
: "Many people question whether a total and complete recovery from adrenal fatigue is possible. The answer is yes in the vast majority of cases, but only if done right. Adrenal fatigue often takes a decade or more to develop. It is important to allow the body time to recover. A few months of recovery is considered a short time within this time horizon. Time is a great healer when the body is given the proper nutrients along with proper lifestyle and dietary protocols. Those who demand a quick recovery invariably become disappointed because the body is not a light switch that can be turned on and off at will. A systematic and logical approach works the best under professional guidance.”
: Sherry Tenpenny, DO outlines the many disorders that come from iodine deficiency
Things to consider: Check your adrenal level, iron panel including ferritin, B12 levels, Vitamin D, iodine levels and repair your gut (see GAPS Diet
or Body Ecology Diet
A neurodevelopmentalist commented on this vitamin: "This has a good amount of iodine and tyrosine, but you may need to ramp up the dose and include magnesium, selenium and zinc. (private communication)
by Dr. Josh Axe, June 25, 2013
This latest Italian study linking the synthetic thyroid hormone, Synthroid, to lung cancer begs our attention to the underlying failure of the conventional, largely drug-based paradigm to comprehend the causes and real solutions of disease and human suffering.
Dr. Wiggy ThyroidMD has a Facebook page
where he posts testimonies.
Dr. Wiggy: Thyroid MD and MTHFR
"There definitely appears to be a link between impaired methylation and the development of autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto's or Grave's disease. Most people with a thyroid condition should be aware of their MTHFR status!!"
Many feel that if they must take thyroid medication, Nature Throid
is the best.
by American Nutrition Association (About minute 40 is T4 to T3 conversion inhibitors and helpers)
Foods for Hypothyroidism
Coconut oil - helps regulate thyroid and boost metabolism, dry skin, dandruff
Cod Liver oil
Foods to Limit for Hypothyroidism (These can inhibit absorption of iodine, which is needed by the thyroid.)
Foods to Completely Avoid for Hypothyroidism
Top two oils mentioned helping:
1) 2-4 drops Sandalwood diluted appropriately (about 3%) with carrier oil applied topically to thyroid 2-3 times daily.
2) Some suggest rotating Sandalwood with Frankincense every other day.
3) Reducing carbohydrates and sugars from the diet.
Other oils that may help:
Evening Primrose carrier oil
Strength HEO blend
Seaweeds such as kelp are iodine rich. Kelp can be taken in tablet form. (Beware of geographical sources.)
Coconut oil (virgin) can be used for cooking and baking or simply taken as a supplement, 1-2 spoonfuls daily. We use organic, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil.
Egg Yolks (free range)
Cod Liver oil (Green Pastures) BLUE ICE Royal Butter Oil/Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend, Cinnamon Tingle is a popular one to consider
Iron panel including ferritin
Teflon - the non-stick molecule is a polymer of fluorine atoms and additives
Pharmeceudicals - many are based on chlorine or fluoride
Prozac - fluoxetine hydrochloride
Simple Thyroid Test
from Dr. Mark Starr's book, Hypothyroidism Type II pages 16-17
The basal temperature should be taken after a good night's rest with no food, exercise, nor excitement for 12 hours. Many patients who are hypothyroid may cover themselves with an excess number of blankets or quilts, sleep on a heated waterbed, or wear long underwear, socks, or layers of clothes to bed. All of these measures will falsely elevate the basal temperature.
Dr. Barnes recommended mercury thermometers for basal temperature tests. However, mercury thermometers are no longer available. New alcohol gas thermometers are a good second choice. Digital thermometer reading may fluctuate several tenths of a degree during consecutive readings, so they are a poor third choice.
To test your basal temperature, the thermometer is placed snugly in the armpit for 10 minutes before arising in the morning. Temperature readings of 97.8 to 98.2 degrees F are considered normal. Readings below 97.8 degrees F are highly indicative of hypothyroidism.
Several days of basal temperature measurements are recommended. Men can perform the test any day when they are not rushed. Women's temperatures fluctuate during their menstrual cycle, and their tests should be taken on the second and third days after menstrual flow starts. After menopause or before puberty, women's basal temperature may be taken on any day.
Small children may be checked by rectal temperature for two minutes. The rectal temperature is normally eight-tenths to one degree higher than in the armpit. Therefore, 98.6 to 99.2 degrees F would be considered normal.
Dr. Barnes did not recommend oral temperatures for basal temperature testing, because there is a high frequency of chronic, low-grade sinus and upper respiratory tract infection associated with hypothyroidism. These infections, or chronic sinusitis, will spuriously elevate one's oral temperature. Severe arthritis pain, hyperthyroidism, and other less common problems may also elevate the basal temperature.
Symptoms and Signs of Hypothyroidism
Arthritis / gout
Bradycardia (slow heart rate)
Candida (yeast infections)
Cystic breasts / ovaries
Decreased sex drive
Delayed relaxation of reflexes
Edema (myxedema - nonpitting)
Heart attack / stoke
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Hyporeflexia (dimished reflexes)
Intolerance to cold
Intolerance to heat
Joint / muscle pain
Low blood pressure
Low immune system
Paresthesia (burning, prickling, crawling)
Essential Oils Noted for Hyperthyroidism
Essential Oils Noted for Thyroid Issues in General
Thyroid Support blend
1. I definitely believe Vitality is supporting my thyroid. I feel more energy and an overall balance that I didn't feel before I started using this consistently. I want a larger bottle of it this time!
3. I want to thank you for your wonderful oils! We've used them for several years now. Most recently I've discovered Vitality. It's wonderful! Within the first day I was no longer very tired, and my hormone fluctuations are much better. I feel really great! I apply it on the thyroid and lower abdominal area. I use it after my morning shower. One day I missed, and by 2 pm I had to lay down to nap. I haven't missed a day since! Thank you! - Toni
4. I ordered Vitality a few weeks ago and I love it! It started working right away. I have been fatigued for several years and started noticing menopause symptoms creeping up on me. After the first use of Vitality I noticed results immediately. I apply it at the base of my neck (thyroid), my lower back and under my ribs. - Nicole
5. I am very fond of Vitality for menopause issues. I started applying Vitality on my thyroid (with a roll-on applicator) every morning about 9 years ago after my last child was born (I was 47). My periods have ceased, but I didn't have any other negative symptoms such as hot flashes or mood swings etc. If my energy level seems to need a boost, I apply Vitality again at mid-day. - Linda
6. Thyroid drink for hypothyroid (low). It's supposed to increase your energy and make you less hungry. It did make me less hungry, and the taste was great especially with a couple drops of HEO’s Plague Defense blend in it. However, I didn't lose any weight on it, and after awhile got burnt out on it. I think I have adrenal issues as well. I'm eating healthier than I ever have, and I'm not losing a thing, but I'm still experimenting with the HEO. Anyway here is the recipe. - Leann
7 cups of purified water
1 cup cranberry juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
juice from 3 oranges
juice from 2 lemons
Boil water, add cranberry juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Simmer for 20 min., let set until cool. Add orange and lemon juice.
7. My 15-year-old daughter has started using Vitality because we were suspecting thyroid issues. Her energy level has been really low and so on. She is like a new person!! :-D - Kelley
8. I use Vitality for thyroid and adrenal function. I apply it directly over my thyroid every morning and sometimes at lunch, but mostly just the morning. I'm on bio-identical HRT as well and use Vitality with no issues. - Stacy
9. I use Vitality 3 times a day. I have no thyroid, had it removed for cancer, it has greatly helped my levels be more stable and overall moods be more even. I also use Frankincense on my neck area 3 times a day for help with my recurring cancer there. Highly recommend the Vitality. - Grace
10. My chiro said I had adrenal fatigue. I suspect I my cortisol is low in morning and high at night just based on symptoms. I have been using Vitality for this for a couple of years and have had great results. I have to use it in the morning, no later than 10am, or it keeps me up at night. I got sick a few months ago and was in bed for 2 days straight. I didn't use it then, and it was very clear that it was helping when I started back to my regular routine. All symptoms improved for me although I didn't know how much until I didn't use it for some time. I never got back to where I think I should be, but I was feeling better overall. I got to the point where I didn't feel I needed a nap every day and could keep up with daily life. I also got my eyebrows back. During this time I also discovered I am severely anemic, so I don't know how much was anemia vs. adrenal fatigue. I apply it topically over my adrenals and my thyroid. I really don't know how long it took to see improvement; I just realized one day I was doing better. I do know that it wasn't until after I began taking iron though. - Cindi
11. Am in love with Vitality so far. I have started BHRT, NP thyroid and adrenal support. Starting to feel so much better. I'm going to make roller balls of Vitality for my friends! - Brenda
12. I have Hashimotos, and I'm using Thyroid Support and Vitality. I use them topically diluted in castor oil over thyroid. I also take many supplements from my functional medicine MD. I am gluten, dairy and sugar free. I have a goiter, which my Endocrinologist wants to remove, and a year ago she wanted me to start taking thyroid meds. My last two blood labs showed normal thyroid. I am trying to control my disease with diet, EOs, and supplements so I won't lose what thyroid I have left and will not have to take medication for the rest of my life. I've not taken thyroid medication, only diet change, EOs and supplements. My supplements change every two months as my blood work is re-evaluated to see what is working and what isn't. Our first goal was to reduce inflammation in my whole body and reduce the thyroid antibodies that were attacking my thyroid. At the same time we worked on hormonal balance and stress. I almost have all those under control. It would have been sooner than a year, but I had trouble with giving up dairy and sugar. I finally just did three weeks ago and started to lose weight. I use Ylang Ylang neat for blood pressure on my forearms. At least three times daily I apply Thyroid Support and Vitality on my throat. Occasionally I also apply Frankincense too. - Kim
13. For hormonal sleep issues, I take 1 drop of Vitality every hour on the tongue and 1 drop of Clary Sage on the bridge of the nose and navel. - Naomi
14. I have very low blood counts and my doctor suspects Hashi's, but they just want to monitor my levels every 6 months. I have come to believe conventional medicine generally waits until your thyroid fails before treating, so I have decided to naturally support my body with hopes to prevent future thyroid complications. I started about 2 weeks ago with Vitality and Thyroid Support as well as a natural support (Standard Process Thytrophin pmg) and already notice increased energy. I have also been gluten free for that time period, as gluten can be inflammatory and aggravate this condition. I do have a family history with gluten sensitivities, and while I never noticed any gut related issues I have been dealing with random hives since last summer, so it seemed a natural thing to try. My clothes are fitting slightly better, but I'm only two weeks into this so I anticipate more changes in the future. Please research the links above - There is TONS of wonderful information that will help you with your journey. Thank you HEO! - Tania
15. I have been told that I have Hashimoto's. I had multiple nodules on my thyroid, had horrible gut issues, had a large goiter, had sore lumps all over my body and had swollen lymph nodes in my neck frequently. I started an anti-fungal diet (Know The Cause), which basically cuts out sugar, grains, potatoes and corn. I also started taking several supplements to enhance the function of my thyroid, such as beta-glucan, selenium, iodine, a good probiotic, magnesium, vitamin C and B vitamins. I also take vitamin D (but take it with vitamin K2, as I have learned that they should be taken together for proper absorption). In addition, I have tried to eliminate sources of bromide in my life since bromide, chlorine and fluoride are inhibitors to iodine. By the way, bromide is found in most commercial baked goods in place of the iodine that was once there. Since doing this, I have lost over 70 pounds in 9 months, my gut issues have improved and now my thyroid looks completely normal; most nodules have disappeared. The doctors are even arguing about whether I truly had Hashimoto's because they say if I did, it is impossible for the condition to go away. I told them, "Nothing is impossible with The Lord!, it is obvious that He healed me!" There is hope despite what the doctors may tell you. - Satin
16. Neurodevelopmentalist wrote: 40% of individuals with Hashimoto recover when treated with selenium. - Kay
17. I take 75mg of Synthroid. This thyroid mess started in October 2013. I found the Hopewell Essential Oil site in April and started applying Vitality as soon as I got it. It is like heaven in a bottle, I feel human again. I still get tired, but I am also a very early riser. My head feels clear, before it seemed to be foggy and hard to think. I actually have energy, and it has helped with my periods. - Jenny
18. I have been using the Thyroid Support and Vitality for one week, and today I get to lower my synthroid meds. I am beyond excited!! God is healing me! Back in six weeks to check levels again... can't wait to see what six weeks of using these oils does for me. I'm believing that my thyroid will start working again!! Yay! I made a roller bottle with about 15-25 drops of Thyroid Support, then I filled the roller bottle with a carrier oil. I have been rolling that on my neck over my thyroid morning and night. I then have been putting 1-2 drops of the Vitality blend with a carrier oil on thyroid area and kidney area another time during the day. I try to do it at lunch time. Some days I only applied the Thyroid Support in morning and Vitality at night. I could tell it was working because I started getting that hyperthyroid feeling. I still have my thyroid, and I've gone from hyper to hypo, so that is why I was on synthroid. Tests showed I have thyroiditis and my thyroid had stopped working. But God is healing me!!! - Britta
19. I started using Vitality for my son (T21), and his TSH went from 5.72 to 2.41 in 4 months. - Katie
20. I use Vitality
in a roll-on applicator over my thyroid every morning. I was diagnosed with Hasimoto's Thyroiditis June 2013. Over the past year I have been on a healing journey. I found a wonderful functional medicine doctor, and she has helped me heal. I was first diagnosed hypothyroid in 2001, and no doctor ever tested my antibodies. She taught me that Hashimoto's is an auto-immune disease, and she sent me home with pages of instructions! I went on a gluten-free diet and did the GAPS diet (per my doctor's recommendation), to heal the gut which is where, as she explained to me, all autoimmune diseases begin. The GAPS diet
is very healing. It not only helped the Hashimoto's symptoms, but I also lost 30 lbs. I found the Health, Home and Happiness website to be very helpful. I also diffuse Peaceful every night and put it on the bottoms of my feet. - Shelley
21. I have Hashimotos, and a strict gluten-free diet has done wonders for the pain and lowered my antibodies. Also taking selenium has helped. But diet has helped me the most. I am now primarily Paleo with raw dairy. I also use the Vitality oil everyday. - Grace
22. Vitality is great for thyroid. I apply diluted over the thyroid (base of the throat area). I use it every day on top of my prescription meds. I apply it in the morning and on a particularly difficult day, in the afternoon for a boost, but I don't apply after 3 pm as it felt that it kept me awake at night. - Jennifer
23. God used both Thyroid Support and Vitality to get me off of my thyroid meds. It took about 6 months along with prayer, a gluten-free diet, and a thyroid supplement. I had hypothyroidism. I still use the essential oils daily to keep my thyroid up and running. My endocrinologist just scratched his head. He said he's never seen anything like it. Praise the Lord!!! - Britta
24. Eight months ago started using Revitalize essential oil blend for my adrenals. I also used 1 drop of Thyroid Support. I also used Vitality diluted in Black Cumin oil. After a couple of months, I had to quit taking my thyroid prescription because I started exhibiting high thyroid symptoms (my thyroid is low without support). The blood work confirmed that my T4 was too high. So, this stuff really works. I think I now have a solution that works for me and maybe my doctor. I really didn't want to manage my thyroid via prescription. - Mary
25. I was a practicing family nurse practitioner for 9 years. I highly respect how you have answered my questions. Well done. Also, want to say thank you. When I began using Vitality I noticed a difference in how my body felt within days. The lab results also proved its effectiveness. - Paula
26. This is not oil related, but it has been a life changer for us. My husband was placed on thyroid meds over 15 years ago, long before I knew anything about oils, or even that much about how much nutrition actually affects us. About a year ago, he was having trouble with various things, and after researching, I felt he may actually be suffering with adrenal fatigue. I added a high quality magnesium supplement to our routine. The results of that one change were amazing! Within 2 weeks he was so much better. Within a month he had stopped all thyroid meds, and we've never looked back! He turned 68 yesterday, still works full time and keeps up with our 7-year-old grandson every day! I'm so thankful because we wanted him off the meds for so long, but we just assumed it would be a lifetime thing. I suspected that he never really needed to be on thyroid medication to begin with. We use Magnesium Malate by Source Naturals. I order mine from Amazon. I did a lot of research, and we actually tried a few different forms (which is not the same as different brands) before deciding this was best for him. We are now convinced that his actual issue was/is magnesium deficiency, and that he never really had a problem with his thyroid. At the time he was placed on the meds he had several issues that the doctors were struggling to define and correct. Eventually it was decided that the thyroid was the problem, and medication was prescribed. It did seem to help initially, but something was just never quite right, and if he ever missed even one dose, he was struggling again. Eventually the medication wasn't helping at all, and thus began my quest for answers. By this time, I had learned more about oils and nutrition, and the Internet was available as an unlimited source of information. I learned that many of his symptoms were linked to a lack of magnesium and that this is prevalent in our country for various reasons. Adding this supplement improved everything for him! For anyone who reads this testimony, don't assume that you do not have real issues with your thyroid. Again, we are convinced the thyroid was never his problem to begin with. I pray the Lord leads you to the answers that you need. Blessings! - Susan
27. (HEO found this testimony online):
I helped my sister heal her Thyroid Cancer by pumping Iodine up in her system over time to 100 mgs. They will detox and have detox symptoms, and you must pump it up in the system. I started with Kelp 2 each day for a week, then 3 each day for a week. Keep adding one more each week until the person gets to 6 each day per week, and then they can be moved over to the Iodine Supplement. Then use this one and start with 2 a day until this bottle is finished. Next move to the 50 mgs bottle, and then when done with that, move to the 100 mgs bottle. My sister had to stay on the 100 mgs for about 8 months. Once she was checked to ensure no cancer, we backed her down to 50 mgs as a maintenance dose. She also had to STOP drinking soda and clean up her diet BIG time. She did do that, since she realized that she was in a life/death situation. She has had 2 tests for cancer and there is none. She feels healthier than ever.
- 180 tablets (For first time orders from iHerb, you can use this coupon code and save $10: HHZ794)
I also put her on this product. You can look up the benefits of a Systemic Enzyme, it dissolves tumors. Again, you must work up in the system. Start with the 3 in am for a few weeks before adding the 3 in pm.
28. I have been using 3 drops of Frankincense with coconut oil. After 6 weeks, my thyroid antibodies dropped from 346 to 266 without a thyroid prescription. We'll see what happens in 2 months. I suspect the antibodies will keep dropping. My antibodies dropped almost as fast when my doctor was giving me an increased dose of non-porcine T3/T4. - Mary
29. I was diagnosed with a thyroid nodule and had it biopsied. Though not cancerous, the surgeon still recommended removal. His idea for how to accomplish that was far different from my idea! I read a testimony online where the person used Ancient Defense topically on their nodule, and it slowly disappeared, so that's what I did was well. I did have to dilute it a bit, and faithfully applied it at least once daily for months, and sure enough, my nodule slow shrank to where now, about 10 months later, I can barely feel it. AMAZING!!
30. My thyroid tested fine for years via the blood test. The saliva test is much more accurate. Vitality used morning and early afternoon turned it around. I have come to believe that my thyroid was damaged by fluroide and chlorine. The thyroid is a sponge for iodine, but when flouride and chlorine are in the system, the thryoid absorbs that and leaves no room for iodine. When you see an enlarged thyroid, you see a thyroid that is working harder than it should have to work. Don't "shoot the messenger." This will not solve the problem as other parts of the body will then have to fight without their primary defender!
31. I found out that I have MTHFR gene mutation and starting to take methylfolate cream, and that's been life-changing for me. I now wake up without headaches. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. Also, giving up gluten and dairy has been wonderful for my whole family.
32. My 73-yr-old mother was supposed to have surgery to remove a parathyroid which was enlarged. Through various mistakes, her surgery was postponed, and I gave her Vitality to use in the meantime. She just received a call from her doctor - her blood work was entirely normal. Her thyroid, parathyroid and even her cholesterol (which has been bad for years) is completely normal. No surgery! Needless to say, I believe the Father's hand caused the postponement of the surgery so we could get this amazing result. I thank you so very much for these oils. I continue to be amazed. - Heather
33. A client wondered if Frankincense was a good choice for low T4. While there's not a direct effect, we can expect Frankincense to have an effect if she has Hashimoto's disease, as Frankincense may help support her immune fuction and/or energy levels, which in turn may have a positive result on T4. - Linda
34. I had favorable results with nodules disappearing (at least I am not now able to feel them anymore). I apply Frankincense frereana/carterii mixed with coconut oil at 3-5% and apply it on my neck every morning. - Anne